Hallowe'en Help

Hypoxia

doesn't watch television
Joined
Sep 7, 2013
Posts
28,080
My brain has drained. I have concepts and don't know where to take them. The skinny: I'm writing a trio of vignettes for the Hallowe'en contest, all in my A TASTE OF INCEST cycle. I finished the first but am blocked on the other two beyond titles and basic themes.

1) A TASTE OF PUMPKIN - some very messy pre-party pie-making by 3 sisters (and then Daddy and Auntie walk in). DONE! (1450 words)

2) A TASTE OF CANDY - mom and son hook up, related to trick-or-treating - sex as a tricky treat, something like that.

3) A TASTE OF SPIRITS - bro and sis sip pumpkin vodka (or something equally obscene) and are maybe possessed by the ghosts of their late parents and driven to sex. Again, something like that. Something incestuous with ghosts, anyway.

I welcome suggestions on where to take CANDY and SPIRITS. Credit will be given for ideas used. I want to keep the whole PUMPKIN+CANDY+SPIRITS trio at around 7000 words (2 LIT pages). I want them short, sexy, snarky, and maybe a bit spooky. Over-the-top is fine (as readers here may surmise). HELP!

(And then I have another proposed trio, all in Erotic Horror. I'll deal with those later.)
 
Last edited:
#2 Candy corn vodka is a real thing. Just saying. Son's first visit home on fall break from college after his parents' divorce. He and mom are having their first "adult" Halloween together because when he was a kid, it was all about trick or treating and when he was a teen, he was out with his friends. Their plan is to order pizza, hand out candy, then watch scary movies on the couch. Neither Mom nor Son wants the other to know how much drink. but neither wants to make the other uncomfortable by acting like a prude. Mom makes a candy corn vodka punch for them, but cuts the booze in half. Son, on tasting it, thinks that's how Mom drinks, so he adds to the punch from his flask as a "trick" to see if he can get Mom tipsy. Mom doesn't realize it's already been spiked and does the same to Son. Both end up much drunker than they intended on the couch, watching horror movies and decide it wouldn't be so bad if one of them gave the other a "treat."

#3 Brother and sister staying in an old house that was rumored to be the site of a tragic brother-sister death two hundred years before (brother challenged sister's husband to s duel at dawn on their wedding day, sister flung herself from the widow's walk when she saw her fiance walking back from the dueling ground instead of her brother) and the two ghost siblings possess the two living ones to finally consummate their love. Because it's you? The girl ghost ends up in the living guy's body and vice versa.
 
@stlgoddessfreya: Great ideas! You're the winner so far. ;)
 
wouldn't Candy be about those awful Halloween Kisses? On a dare, they each bite one end of the same chewy treat, pressing their lips together.... and they get stuck.


Spirits could be Absinthe- making them hallucinate that they are being seduced by sexy ghosts, so they strip, and end up fucking each other?
 
@sirhugs: I may take the goddess' vodka as a connective element. I could get the cooks in PUMPKIN drunk on pumpkin vodka. Mom and son in CANDY could mix-up their candy-corn vodka dosages and bite their sticky candy as they do something or other re: trick-or-treating. And vodka chased with absinthe could be the gateway for the possessive ghosts in SPIRITS. Those are possibilities. Stories are still fermenting.
 
Last edited:
#2 - Son comes home on Halloween shortly after Mom has finished handing out the last of the candy and has shut out the light. His arrival being a surprise, she has already gotten into her short, thin robe, and settled down at her laptop to watch porn and masturbate. Embarrassed mom wonders why son is acting so strangely, and also why she is suddenly so attracted to him. They wind up having some wild sex, mom cums multiple times as son in insatiable. Then there is a knock at the door and when mom opens it she is met by the sheriff who informs her that her son was killed in a car accident. She realizes that she was fucking his ghost...I know, it's probably been done a thousand times, but you could put your own spin on it.
 
@laffalot: Yes, that's a tried-and-true bunny -- that had not occurred to me. Duh. Yes, I really like it. More below.

In the Land of the Blind, the man with one eye is king.

sirhugs had some great ideas!
Yes indeed. I'll collect all the Hallowe'en ideas I can. As I mentioned, I'm considering another Hallowe'en trio, in Erotic Horror. I can plug laffalot's idea into CANDY, and your CANDY idea into... somewhere. I can make your SPIRITS idea non-incest (they're fiancees), and it'll fit just right as GHOST LOVERS. (Other titles in the 2nd trio are HEAD CASE and INSECT FEAR, which I'm sure will involve a giant high-IQ preying mantis.)

EDIT: Or maybe leave the GHOST LOVERS as siblings and hope they'll pass muster in Erotic Horror.

I want credit if you do a story about the Land of the Blind, too.
If I write it, you'll get credit. Might not be for awhile yet. I'll check with Erasmus, see if he wants a name check too. :D

Actually, I'm more likely to do a drive-by on LAND OF THE BLIND. I have an LW sketch, based on a bunch of my titles and first lines that I'll likely never write as complete pieces. Instead, this tale will follow an erotica writer who is trying out concepts. She feels she should live her ideas before writing of them.

So, LAND OF THE BLIND, and many other titles like DAILY RATION OF PASSION and LICK IT WHERE IT TINGLES and BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED DAUGHTERS and TRISEXUAL TRIFECTA and THE INVISIBLE GIRL and FUCKED AND FRIED and SEX AND THE SINGLE SQUIRREL and SWING TIME will lead her into... an LW bind. The story will have a few paragraphs for her experiences with each title. I wonder where LAND OF THE BLIND would lead her... ??
 
Last edited:
There's always the old candy-cane-as-dildo trick. But that may be more appropriate for Christmas than Halloween. Is there any phallic-shaped Halloween candy?
 
If I write it, you'll get credit. Might not be for awhile yet. I'll check with Erasmus, see if he wants a name check too. :D

Ah, come on. That guy hardly ever posts here anymore. He didn't even bother to translate his last story into English, even though he's always going on about writing in the vernacular of your readers.

If I wrote "Land of The Blind," it would focus on the one man who could see. He's considered a pervert because he's the only person in the entire society who is turned on by what he sees. Everyone else is far more dependent on scent and texture, so that's how their sexualities are constructed. His love of seeing a girl slipping her blouse off one shoulder is unfathomable to them as paraphilia.
 
If I wrote "Land of The Blind," it would focus on the one man who could see. He's considered a pervert because he's the only person in the entire society who is turned on by what he sees. Everyone else is far more dependent on scent and texture, so that's how their sexualities are constructed. His love of seeing a girl slipping her blouse off one shoulder is unfathomable to them as paraphilia.
I was thinking of something more metaphorical, about people blind to possibilities and opportunities, especially sexual. It might tie in with THE INVISIBLE GIRL and LOST IN PLAIN SIGHT. Hmmm, how to turn those into Hallowe'en stories... ??

Your BLIND idea could work well in a novella-length exploration of sexuality in a non-sighted society. World-building, as it were, in Gulliver mode. Like Lem the G, our narrator (any gender) is shipwrecked on an unknown tropical island (clothing unnecessary) where all higher mammals are blind -- something in the water, maybe. What are the socio-sexual implications? Can the narrator fit into such a scene? How??

Good idea, but a bit beyond the scope of my present inquiry.
 
I was thinking of something more metaphorical, about people blind to possibilities and opportunities, especially sexual. It might tie in with THE INVISIBLE GIRL and LOST IN PLAIN SIGHT. Hmmm, how to turn those into Hallowe'en stories... ??

Your BLIND idea could work well in a novella-length exploration of sexuality in a non-sighted society. World-building, as it were, in Gulliver mode. Like Lem the G, our narrator (any gender) is shipwrecked on an unknown tropical island (clothing unnecessary) where all higher mammals are blind -- something in the water, maybe. What are the socio-sexual implications? Can the narrator fit into such a scene? How??

Good idea, but a bit beyond the scope of my present inquiry.

With the kind of stories I've been writing lately, I'd probably give it a Ros Serlingesque twist - the society has one eye that they pass around, like the Graeae. By the time our hero gets his/her bearings and fully discovers visual perception and its enhancement of sexual attraction, it's time to give the ye to the next chump.
 
Bump.

I've had other priorities and commitments the last few days but I'll get back on these pieces today or tomorrow. I haven't quite decided yet which pieces will go where, and how; that will become apparent when I jump into writing them. Other ideas are still welcome.
 
I love erotic horror. It's so cool and very wierd and wonderful. About the sis and brother deal. You know maybe the bro had the hots for his sis for a very long time and he engaged a few little tricks up his sleeve to win his prize.

A special Gobo that reflects an image on a wall, or maybe they can engage in a seounce (sp) to hear some specific instructions from a prerecording. Maybe the spirit tells them to hear further the bro needs his cock sucked while he's possessed by the ghost. Cause of course the ghost hasn't had his cock sucked for wayy to long. Then one thing leads to another. The brother can even change his voice....
 
I love erotic horror. It's so cool and very wierd and wonderful. About the sis and brother deal. You know maybe the bro had the hots for his sis for a very long time and he engaged a few little tricks up his sleeve to win his prize.

A special Gobo that reflects an image on a wall, or maybe they can engage in a seounce (sp) to hear some specific instructions from a prerecording. Maybe the spirit tells them to hear further the bro needs his cock sucked while he's possessed by the ghost. Cause of course the ghost hasn't had his cock sucked for wayy to long. Then one thing leads to another. The brother can even change his voice....

Nifty! I'll throw this into my idea pot. You'll get credit, of course.
 
Update

Thanks to some of the suggestions above, I've finished my first of three contest entries, A TASTE OF INCEST: PUMPKIN & CANDY, which contains A TASTE OF PUMPKIN (all my own fault), CANDY KISSES (thanks to sirhugs) and CANDY CORN (many thanks to stlgoddessfreya). That trio is online now. Today I finished and submitted the second entry, VAMOS! DAY OF THE FUCKING DEAD. If reaction is good, it could spawn a VAMOS! series about a gringo family taking a LONG (6-month) vacation drive across Mexico and Central America.

Now I'm about to whiz into the final entry, A TASTE OF INCEST: A TASTE OF SPIRITS, which will be a set of a half-dozen or so told-around-the-campfire incestuous ghost/horror stories. I already have the kernals of those tales, storylines suggested by sirhugs, stlgoddessfreya, sweet_lusciousdesire, laffalot, and even my own drained brain. Thanks, folks!

The only rough part now is figuring out who is where in the framing device. Somebody narrates the overall piece, and individuals (under the influence of something) tell their stories. How many individuals, and in what relationships? I'll dream something up...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top