As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooooh, pick me, pick me!

I am going to have such fantasies...
I wanna go tooooo!

Very, very interesting. I got up a little early to call the nursing office to tell them I had more pressing appointments today than work (namely, with my cardiologist). They didn't have me on the schedule for today! MY schedule says I'm supposed to be there. I'm glad I called in; I would've been highly pissed if I'd shown up for work but wasn't supposed to be there!

My patient wanted a new nurse. I felt all rejected and sad, and then I said: You will get a new nurse at 7pm, and until then I will be your nurse.

This was after he threw a temper tantrum in the bed, and I almost got stuck with a needle.

This has been one exhausting week and it's only half over. The 380# bruiser who gave me NO HELP and I had to lift him the best I could and shove the plate under him for his portable chest. Then he whined around I was being rough...ROUGH?! You miserable hulk, you are twice my size and 10 years my junior and I just lifted you 8 inches with one arm while placing the cassette with the other. Your whining about how rough I am is falling on deaf ears young man. suck it up.

And imemkay, I agree...sort of. I know Radiology is the last place an ICU nurse wants to be with a monitored patient.

This has been one exhausting week and it's only half over. The 380# bruiser who gave me NO HELP and I had to lift him the best I could and shove the plate under him for his portable chest. Then he whined around I was being rough...ROUGH?! You miserable hulk, you are twice my size and 10 years my junior and I just lifted you 8 inches with one arm while placing the cassette with the other. Your whining about how rough I am is falling on deaf ears young man. suck it up.

And imemkay, I agree...sort of. I know Radiology is the last place an ICU nurse wants to be with a monitored patient.
Yeah the big whiners! We had a young DTer MVCer with no injuries thrashing in the bed with mild tremors, not enough to intubate-sedate, but enough to keep in ICU.

Crying: Help me, somebody help me, call 911, my life is ruined, help me, get me out of here, ouch, ouch, ouch, you are hurting me. He was climbing out of the bed, picking, confused and a real pain breaking our backs.

I just looked at him like: Really? Are you kidding me? My friend put the restraints on, to keep from pulling out the femoral line by accident and to keep the c-collar (not cleared yet) on. The good girl in me kept saying: this is for your safety, have some more for Ativan IV, go to sleep.
--

The ICU beds have these cool zippers in the mattress to put cassette/plates in for the portable chests. :)

Me: No, I'm not calling your 85 year old Mom to tell her you fell off the wagon, wrecked your car, and are in the H with minor injury.

Yesterday was a bitch. A bad tempered bitch with one helluva bad attitude.

I had 4 discharges, 3 admissions, and 3 meltdowns. Somehow, my rate hovered around 99 most of the day. :heart: metoprolol

We had 5 rapid responses and 4 code blues. Three of the RRTs and 2 codes were within the space of an hour. One of the codes was in the hospital main lobby - the security podium where they hand out visitors' passes.

It was an interesting day - to say the least.

I had 4 discharges, 3 admissions, and 3 meltdowns. Somehow, my rate hovered around 99 most of the day. :heart: metoprolol

We had 5 rapid responses and 4 code blues. Three of the RRTs and 2 codes were within the space of an hour. One of the codes was in the hospital main lobby - the security podium where they hand out visitors' passes.

That metaprolol does the job, I guess. When I exercise, I can't get my heart rate up like I used to. It will jump up there where I want it (for aerobic benefit) but then come right back down.

Checking in to see in I am the only one who is having one of those days where you can'tget out of your own way

That sucks bigtime. Hope today is better. Looks like the "Jesus Bus" was parked at your front door. I hate it when it hangs out around our hospital. Almost as bad as the poor pitiful folks who linger forever waiting for the Jesus Bus to come and get 'em.

Checking in to see in I am the only one who is having one of those days where you can'tget out of your own way

Nope, not the only one. They tried to give us one more admission than we had beds. I fucking hate Fridays - the hospital tries to clear out their beds, and sends us back people who aren't ready to be discharged. Oh, you can only get his SpO2 up to 76%? AND you still have no diagnosis for him? Well, by all means, street him! :mad:

On top of our two scheduled discharges, we ended up with three unscheduled admissions. All within about 1 1/2 hours. I couldn't get one task done before I had to move on to the next. My head was spinning around exorcist-style all afternoon.

That sucks bigtime. Hope today is better. Looks like the "Jesus Bus" was parked at your front door. I hate it when it hangs out around our hospital. Almost as bad as the poor pitiful folks who linger forever waiting for the Jesus Bus to come and get 'em.
At least one person got kicked off the Jesus bus. The code at the visitors' podium is now a walkie talkie. :)

Yesterday was absolutely insane. I am sooooo not cut out to be a psych nurse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back