Rainy Day story challenge

impressive said:
Shit, now if I do this, it's gonna have to cook.

Oh, the pressure ...

Stop panicking, you have weeks yet !! 6 in fact.

Sheesh !!!!

matriarch said:
*quaking*..........why does that response fill me with an unnerving sense of foreboding??????

:(
Because you've been around here a while, maybe?

On length - Some of us found the discipline of writing the Snippettsville stories to a 600-word, plus 5/minus 15, limit to be quite stimulating. I have to say though, that I prefer longer - much longer - to develop a story. My recent submissions have been of the order of 4000+ words, over 8000 in one case. I think that I would enjoy the challenge of writing to a fixed length, if that was agreed.

I may be up for the challenge, do you have a "maybe" list? Why do I always end up the last to join things like these, darn it? Anyway, another thing is... I'm not sure weather you want the characters to meet in the rain or just engage in intercourse in the rain? Excuse my stupidity if you will.
icon_sweatdrop.gif

-Dk
icon_wink.gif

Alex: I was thinking along the lines of 2 Lit pages max, which I think is around 4,000 words.

Honey: I think using a Lit personality would add a bit of spice to the storyline.

DK: Its not too late, I only posted the idea today.

I'm waiting for all the responses, then I'll check with Laurel about timings, and then repost with the final rules of the challenge.

Watch this space.

Mat
:rose:

You know I'm in.

Now, which writer to use and abuse......

matriarch said:
Alex: I was thinking along the lines of 2 Lit pages max, which I think is around 4,000 words.

Honey: I think using a Lit personality would add a bit of spice to the storyline.

DK: Its not too late, I only posted the idea today.

I'm waiting for all the responses, then I'll check with Laurel about timings, and then repost with the final rules of the challenge.

Watch this space.

Mat
Ah well thanks,but I still don't understand. My question remains unanswered. Do the characters just meet in the rain or do they also have sex in the rain? Do they meet elsewhere, then have sex in the rain? I'm so confused...

Dream Keeper said:
Ah well thanks,but I still don't understand. My question remains unanswered. Do the characters just meet in the rain or do they also have sex in the rain? Do they meet elsewhere, then have sex in the rain? I'm so confused...

Sorry DK, my omission. The whole point is for a SEXUAL ENCOUNTER in the rain.

Whatever form that may take.

OK ?

Mat

Dranoel said:
*raises arm, flailing it about*

OOOOooooo!!! OOOOoooooo!!!

;)

Don't need to do that, babe......You know I'd love to take advantage of you!

:heart:

Well, since I have something half written already, this will give me the motivation to actually finish it. Count me in :D

This sounds very cool, Mat!

I'll probably join in, as the girls will have gone back to school by the time I'd have to start on this. I'll have my writing time back!

Couple of questions... I presume these will go into Chain Stories, yes?

If so, have you read the guidelines for organising and submitting Chain Stories in the FAQ's? If not, read up on them, it should tell you all you need to know.

Lou :kiss:

P.S. I haven't forgotten I owe you a PM. :rose:

Tatelou said:
This sounds very cool, Mat!

I'll probably join in, as the girls will have gone back to school by the time I'd have to start on this. I'll have my writing time back!

Couple of questions... I presume these will go into Chain Stories, yes?

If so, have you read the guidelines for organising and submitting Chain Stories in the FAQ's? If not, read up on them, it should tell you all you need to know.

Lou :kiss:

P.S. I haven't forgotten I owe you a PM. :rose:

I have no idea of the parameters for chain stories. Enlighten me, please?

I was just assuming we could all submit them as stand alone, posted on the same day. The same as they do for poetry challenges.

I was going to pm you for some advice. I'm winging it here, as I've not done anything like this before.

Mat :kiss:

matriarch said:
I have no idea of the parameters for chain stories. Enlighten me, please?

I was just assuming we could all submit them as stand alone, posted on the same day. The same as they do for poetry challenges.

I was going to pm you for some advice. I'm winging it here, as I've not done anything like this before.

Mat :kiss:

I think we'd have to do it as chain stories (bear in mind, all poems go in the same section, unless they are erotic vs. non-erotic).

Here's the info...

FAQ's for Chain Stories (Copied and pasted from the Submissions section in the FAQ's.)

What is a chain story? How do I start one?

A Chain Story is one in which several (3 or more) authors collaborate to create a story on a specific theme or topic. The first author writes the first chapter of the story according to the theme or topic. The next author reads the previous chapter and picks up where the first author left off, continuing the story as he or she sees fit. And so on, and so on...until the last chapter is completed.
Chain Stories are a special category on Literotica. To start one, you must do the following:

1) Post your idea to the Author's Hangout in the Bulletin Board and round up any interested authors who would like to participate. If you already have a group of writers who are interested, then continue on to step #2.

2) Once you know how many authors are interested, you must get a schedule together of who will do the first chapter, who will do the second, etc. Then, you must decide how much time will be between chapters to allow each author to write their piece. We suggest that you leave no less than 4 days, but no more than 8. A week is generally a good amount of time, but it's all up to you!

3) The first author should create a story submission called "Chain Story - [Name of Chain]". In this submission, paste in the title of the chain and the schedule of who is doing which chapter(s) and when they'll be submitting them. If you've been planning this in the Author's Hangout and have posted the schedule there, you can simply paste a link to the thread containing the information into the story submission. We ask that you post the entire chain schedule before submitting the first part of the chain.

4) The first person submits his or her chapter to us, selecting the category "Chain Stories". Any story which is submitted to "Chain Stories" without following these steps will be moved to whatever category the subject matter dictates.

Lou

EDIT!!! Hmmm... you could be right, Mat. As you said, you'd want all stories submitted on the same day, in which case it wouldn't be a "chain". I know the Challenge Club did a thing once where they all submitted stories on the same day, with the exact same titles. I know they didn't go into Chain Stories.

Feel free to forget what I suggested above and do it exactly how you want to do it.

K :kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tatelou said:
I think we'd have to do it as chain stories (bear in mind, all poems go in the same section, unless they are erotic vs. non-erotic).

Here's the info...

FAQ's for Chain Stories (Copied and pasted from the Submissions section in the FAQ's.)

What is a chain story? How do I start one?

A Chain Story is one in which several (3 or more) authors collaborate to create a story on a specific theme or topic. The first author writes the first chapter of the story according to the theme or topic. The next author reads the previous chapter and picks up where the first author left off, continuing the story as he or she sees fit. And so on, and so on...until the last chapter is completed.
Chain Stories are a special category on Literotica. To start one, you must do the following:

1) Post your idea to the Author's Hangout in the Bulletin Board and round up any interested authors who would like to participate. If you already have a group of writers who are interested, then continue on to step #2.

2) Once you know how many authors are interested, you must get a schedule together of who will do the first chapter, who will do the second, etc. Then, you must decide how much time will be between chapters to allow each author to write their piece. We suggest that you leave no less than 4 days, but no more than 8. A week is generally a good amount of time, but it's all up to you!

3) The first author should create a story submission called "Chain Story - [Name of Chain]". In this submission, paste in the title of the chain and the schedule of who is doing which chapter(s) and when they'll be submitting them. If you've been planning this in the Author's Hangout and have posted the schedule there, you can simply paste a link to the thread containing the information into the story submission. We ask that you post the entire chain schedule before submitting the first part of the chain.

4) The first person submits his or her chapter to us, selecting the category "Chain Stories". Any story which is submitted to "Chain Stories" without following these steps will be moved to whatever category the subject matter dictates.

Lou

EDIT!!! Hmmm... you could be right, Mat. As you said, you'd want all stories submitted on the same day, in which case it wouldn't be a "chain". I know the Challenge Club did a thing once where they all submitted stories on the same day, with the exact same titles. I know they didn't go into Chain Stories.

Feel free to forget what I suggested above and do it exactly how you want to do it.

K :kiss:

Now I'm totally confused.

'3 or more authors collaborate on one story????'
The plan was for each story to simply be a story in its own right.
I have not the slightest idea how you could link everyone's stories, they will all be completely different, the only common thread being 'rain'.

Like the Uni-tit stories ??????

Now I'm completely lost.

Help !!!!

Edit from me. As usual, didn't read to the bottom.

I will pm Laurel and ask her advice.

:kiss:

As I'm assuming the stories will all fit into different categories, then to unify them, perhaps they all need to have the title:

RAINY DAY CHALLENGE STORY - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....then adding the author's own title.

That way, at least, when they are up on 'NEW POSTINGS', they will be instantly visible to anyone, even though they will go into different categories.

Does that make sense ???

(God, what have I got myself into !!!!!)

matriarch said:
As I'm assuming the stories will all fit into different categories, then to unify them, perhaps they all need to have the title:

RAINY DAY CHALLENGE STORY - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....then adding the author's own title.

That way, at least, when they are up on 'NEW POSTINGS', they will be instantly visible to anyone, even though they will go into different categories.

Does that make sense ???

(God, what have I got myself into !!!!!)

Makes perfect sense, babe. :kiss:

Sorry for the confusion - I'm good at that. :D

Lou :rose:

Tatelou said:
Makes perfect sense, babe. :kiss:

Sorry for the confusion - I'm good at that. :D

Darling, you can confuse me any day.
Honestly.
Try me.
;)

OK, I'm off to bed now, my poor head can't take any more.

I'll work on the final set up and post it tomorrow evening (UK time).

Have fun everyone, but pleeease keep the noise down.

Mat :heart:

matriarch said:
Darling, you can confuse me any day.
Honestly.
Try me.
;)

You know how I like to take up propsitions like that. ;) :devil:

Night night, sweetheart, sleep well.

Lou :heart:

I'm in, as long as I don't have to include an AH'er. (Limits the audience to my way of thinking)

Limit on length is an excellent idea (personally I'd go for a thousand words) makes the exercise keener.

Only problem I can see is refraining from the obvious imagery, whilst making the weather integral.

Screaming like lightning, her liquid form battered my hips, soaking through my shirt and desires as she pounded her want into my thunderstruck, storm tossed being.

Is that what you want? Cos that's what you're gonna get.

Gauche

Can we get a list of all who are 'in' the challenge to choose from?

And, can we use all the names? :D

gauchecritic said:
I'm in, as long as I don't have to include an AH'er. (Limits the audience to my way of thinking)

<snip>

Gauche

I agree, I don't think that would be a good idea, either. I kind of regret doing the Lit Olympics that way now. Yes, they are fun to read and fun to be part of, but it has not 'arf limited the wider audience appeal. It just smacks of gratuitous sex and being in "the crowd".

I guess I'm beginning to speak my mind more. ;)

Mat, it's all up to you, but Gauche has made a very good point.

I would like to take the challenge, but I don't want to use an AH person in the story, nor do I want "Perdita" to be used. If that's Ok, I'm in. No big deal if the rules rule me out.

Perdita

Back