transgendered female bodybuilder to compete with other female bodybuilders

Well keep in mind that this is a male to female transgendered person. Body buildling tends to be considered very masculine. So for individual that feels like a woman trapped in a man's body, body building seems to fly in the face of that feeling from an outside observer.

It is hard to make an analogy since females tend to be more flexile in modern times in occupation than males. Here is one. it isn't a great analogy, but it is the only one I can think of at the moment...

Let's say you decided to transition to a male, but you wanted to be a wet nurse -- something definately not considered a male endevour. Now, being free, white, and over 21, you can do with whatever you want in your life.

However, could you see where some would find it hard to fathom that you really want to be a man if you wanted a very female type of goal? That is what I'm trying to convey about a male->female body builder. It is a very unusual combination.
 
A wetnurse is kind of not really analogous to building muscles, when you think about it And a transman has had his breasts removed, including the milk glands (but the nips remain functional for pleasure these days). Say-- I got myself all manned up and became a drag queen, dressing like Judy Garland.

But you know what, I'd be down with that. :D
If I were to achieve my own desire, my male self might be hung like a stallion (of course ;) ) but I would probably be seen as rather effeminate by most other men. And I might also become a body builder-- again. I was competitive back in the early 80's, on an eentsy scale. And I did that as a female. I don't think my body-building would change my gender role very much.

So yes, it is unusual. But one of the very first transwomen I really got to know identified as a butch lesbian. She wasn't planning on it-- it's just the way her identity shook out...

And in fact, we have had one transman who went all the way-- got pregnant and bore the baby because his wife could not.
 
Honestly I'm surprised by this, not because it's a male pursuit (duh, lots of women do bodybuilding, even if it's "masculine") but because her fat and muscle distribution is going to be different from the cis-female competitors. But hey, if she wants to do it, go for it!

And Stella, Thomas Beattie is not the only transman who has borne a child. I have an acquaintance who did it, and he has told me there are many more out there, they just prefer not to be as public about it. I did read Beattie's book though, good read.
 
This is fucking stupid. You mean to tell me that a former man is going to compete with genetic females in body building and you are all going to stand there sand tell me this makes sense?

I am an admirer of M to F TS gurls. They should be able to marry whomever they want, teach our children, run for office, have any job they want, and use whatever stall they want. Bit now you are going to tell me that they can enter a bodybuilding championship and this is supposed to be fair to the genetic females?

Insane.
 
This is fucking stupid. You mean to tell me that a former man is going to compete with genetic females in body building and you are all going to stand there sand tell me this makes sense?

I am an admirer of M to F TS gurls. They should be able to marry whomever they want, teach our children, run for office, have any job they want, and use whatever stall they want. Bit now you are going to tell me that they can enter a bodybuilding championship and this is supposed to be fair to the genetic females?

I've never seen a sporting event defined as being for "genetic females", and it would make no sense to do so given that most athletes have never had a DNA test to check their chromosomes. (And no, you can't automatically tell somebody's chromosomes by looking at whether they were born with a penis.)

Note that orchidectomy/HRT have a major effect of trans women's ability to gain/retain muscle mass. Several major athletic associations including the IOC have already looked at medical evidence and ruled that it's OK for trans women to compete in female divisions subject to certain criteria e.g. 2 years post-orchidectomy or HRT.
 
Let's just let Bruce Jenner win the triathlon looking like a freak! Fuck off your all crazy.
 
Let's just let Bruce Jenner win the triathlon looking like a freak! Fuck off your all crazy.

Just about every athlete who ever won an Olympic gold medal is a "freak" in one way or another. If you look at an Olympic basketball team you'll find it's full of freakishly tall people, because height is a major advantage. Several pro basketballers have been diagnosed with Marfan syndrome. Other athletic mutations are less visible: champion distance runners tend to have genetic mutations that improve their ability to store and release oxygen; champion swimmers have genes that give them good hydrodynamic shape.

If you want complete genetic equality in sport, the only way to get it is to restrict competition to monozygotic twins competing against one another.

Otherwise, if you want to talk about the advantages a trans woman has over a cis woman, then feel free to produce medical evidence that takes account of things like changing T levels and how they affect performance. Better yet, send your evidence to the IOC's doctors and see if it changes their mind.
 
I can confirm that, as a trans woman, the absence of testosterone has a marked effect on body mass and muscle. Depending on hormone regime and individual responses it take about 1-2 years to fully kick in. I used to be able to run 200m in around 25.5 secs when I was 17 and pre-HRT but I can only get around 28 now. I just can't build fast-burn muscle like I used to.
But the athletics world is full of 'freaks' - who'd have thought a lumbering 1.95m could break the WR for 100m?
But prejudice is nothing new either, so telling us to fuck off doesn't cut much ice.
 
I can confirm that, as a trans woman, the absence of testosterone has a marked effect on body mass and muscle. Depending on hormone regime and individual responses it take about 1-2 years to fully kick in. I used to be able to run 200m in around 25.5 secs when I was 17 and pre-HRT but I can only get around 28 now. I just can't build fast-burn muscle like I used to.
But the athletics world is full of 'freaks' - who'd have thought a lumbering 1.95m could break the WR for 100m?
But prejudice is nothing new either, so telling us to fuck off doesn't cut much ice.

Yes you should have. Has nothing to do with this conversation and all to do with your avatar :)
 
face it when a man enters a woman's contest that is cheating just as a woman entering a man's contest. Can't be proud of either. Remember how the commies use to cheat at the Olympics. What is the difference here?
 
face it when a man enters a woman's contest that is cheating just as a woman entering a man's contest. Can't be proud of either. Remember how the commies use to cheat at the Olympics. What is the difference here?

Science.
 
face it when a man enters a woman's contest that is cheating just as a woman entering a man's contest. Can't be proud of either. Remember how the commies use to cheat at the Olympics. What is the difference here?

Actually, the IOC's rules allow trans women to compete as women (post SRS/HRT) and trans men to compete as men in Olympic events. Somehow* the world hasn't ended and the games haven't been overrun by trans folk.

*endocrinology, mostly.
 
Meh. Seems like such a non-story to me.
I've beaten plenty of men at things and I'm a genetic female.
They weren't even men hindered by years of gender transitioning.
 
It might end up as a good thing for women's body building. There generally is pressure from judges for women to not be on the large end of the muscle mass spectrum and try retain some of the gender traits. While men's competitions have increase in sheer muscle mass. Maybe now they will have to let women win who have very large muscles. Currently a man would lose because he is not feminine looking enough.
 
Back
Top