having trouble adding an attachment to a post

VampirTARA

Dracula's Daughter
I am on my smartphone, but when I hit the button that says choose a file it does nothing except flash but does not pull up the files to choose from trying to add photos and also do not understand I uploaded a photo of myself as an avatar it shows a photo on my profile that it was uploaded but when I make posts under my user name it does not show up- this is my two problems currently

I am on my smartphone, but when I hit the button that says choose a file it does nothing except flash but does not pull up the files to choose from trying to add photos and also do not understand I uploaded a photo of myself as an avatar it shows a photo on my profile that it was uploaded but when I make posts under my user name it does not show up- this is my two problems currently
The profile and avatar pics are 2 different things. You have to have 100 posts before you are allowed to upload the avatar. Hope that helps

The profile and avatar pics are 2 different things. You have to have 100 posts before you are allowed to upload the avatar. Hope that helps

Actually, it requires 100 posts for either.

The problem with attachments may be the phone.

Common problems with attachments are file size too big, pixel size too big in either dimension, or unrecognized format. That last might be the problem with pictures from the OP's phone.

Valid file extensions: bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg png

If the phone doesn't store photos in one of those formats, then they won't show up as uploadable files.

Actually, it requires 100 posts for either.

The problem with attachments may be the phone.

Common problems with attachments are file size too big, pixel size too big in either dimension, or unrecognized format. That last might be the problem with pictures from the OP's phone.

If the phone doesn't store photos in one of those formats, then they won't show up as uploadable files.

Mine were in at the nephew I was able to upload a photo on the profile of this site, it also left me upload a photo in the Avatar block but when I go to forums , like replying to you now I hate the manage attachment button it opens a window where there's a button that says choose a file, I hit that one and it flashes but it does not give me a choice of files he gives me nothing.

Mine were in at the nephew I was able to upload a photo on the profile of this site, it also left me upload a photo in the Avatar block but when I go to forums , like replying to you now I hate the manage attachment button it opens a window where there's a button that says choose a file, I hit that one and it flashes but it does not give me a choice of files he gives me nothing.

You only have 12 posts. The avatar tab on your user CP isn't active yet. You need 100 posts to access the avatar tab.

Well it did The first few times I get the Avatar button And choose a file, it said I had to resize the photo it was too large after few tries it left me put my own photo in that block. And a big photo at the bottom of my profile But I can't make seem to hook up to the attachments

I know what youre saying I'm jus telling you what it let me do, but that's not my biggest problem getting an attachment to a post is and this site does not have a troubleshooting section

...it opens a window where there's a button that says choose a file, ...

If it's not showing you any files to choose from, it is telling you that you don't have any pictures in a format it recognizes -- What the "manage attachments" function will recognize as a picture isn't necessarily what the avatar and profile picture dialogues will recognize. For example, I'm pretty sure you can set an icon file (*.ICO) as an avatar, but you can't attach one to a post because .ICO is not in the list of allowable formats I quoted earlier.

If your camera stores photos as .RAW format files, you can't attach them. You probably can't attach photos from your camera anyway, unless you've stepped down the resolution to 800x600 and JPeG format to compress the file down to meet the filesize limits. You will need to offload the photos and resize and reformat them before you can attach them to a post.

Attatchments

I can get them to show up as a blue little box for whom i send it but wont show pic or anything but box. I am ussing an LGG4 phone.

Back