How long for approval?

aussiebear

Experienced
Hey guys, how long does it take to get a story approved/posted? Mine is in Word format and is about 3 pages long.

Do you get an email notification or does it come up in your member page under submissions?

Currently, they are being posted in about two days once they've been submitted. You won't be notified. It will be listed on your author's submission list with a "pending" slug. When it's posted, that will changed to a "approved" slug. If it's rejected, it will change to a "rejected" slug and you'll have to click on that to find out why it was rejected, which will be given in the form of a "does it . . .?" question. Don't click on the "pending" slug, or your submission will go back to the end of the line.

If you submit it in word format, it takes a significantly longer time to be published. Given how busy the moderators are, it might take more than 4 days.

Not sure what you mean by "word format." I cut and paste it to the submissions box from Word, and it's taken an average of two days to post for over a year.

If you submit it in word format, it takes a significantly longer time to be published. Given how busy the moderators are, it might take more than 4 days.

I submit all mine in Word and it takes two days. As for all the Moderators, there is Laurel and only Laurel.

The only reason it might take longer is for a new author.

Not sure what you mean by "word format." I cut and paste it to the submissions box from Word, and it's taken an average of two days to post for over a year.

Assuming they mean "uploaded Word attachment file" rather than C&Ping to the box. But I submitted one as an upload this weekend, and it only took two days. Not sure if first-time authors still take longer.

well...

I submitted an edited version of my Valentine's Day contest story on the 13th. Yesterday I wrote a PM to Laurel to see if something was wrong, as it was still pending. She wrote back to tell me that somehow, though not due to anything I did wrong during submission, it did not get into the cue, and that she had now directed it appropriately. So I'm waiting - it's still pending, but it hasn't been 48 hrs since I alerted her.

I don't know anything about the process, but you might consider sending her a PM and asking about your story as well. I submitted mine by pasting it into the text box. And the original, fyi, took only about 24 hrs to go up, but I submitted it the last day of the contest.

I submitted an edited version of my Valentine's Day contest story on the 13th. Yesterday I wrote a PM to Laurel to see if something was wrong, as it was still pending. She wrote back to tell me that somehow, though not due to anything I did wrong during submission, it did not get into the cue, and that she had now directed it appropriately. So I'm waiting - it's still pending, but it hasn't been 48 hrs since I alerted her.

I don't know anything about the process, but you might consider sending her a PM and asking about your story as well. I submitted mine by pasting it into the text box. And the original, fyi, took only about 24 hrs to go up, but I submitted it the last day of the contest.

Right. It's happened to me a few times. I ask after four days since two days has been steady for some time.

FYI, I thought my story edit posted earlier today. Unfortunately, the pending EDIT entry disappeared and the story is the original, with the original mistakes I was trying to fix. I have no clue what happened. Maybe I'll try again....

Last edited:
FYI, I thought my story edit posted earlier today. Unfortunately, the pending EDIT entry disappeared and the story is the original, with the original mistakes I was trying to fix. I have no clue what happened. Maybe I'll try again....
EDIT updates are non-linear and incremental. Meaning, it takes awhile for the file edits to take effect. You'll typically look at your story and see some but not all changes. Just wait till tomorrow. It should all be in sync by then. Trust me.

EDIT updates are non-linear and incremental. Meaning, it takes awhile for the file edits to take effect. You'll typically look at your story and see some but not all changes. Just wait till tomorrow. It should all be in sync by then. Trust me.

It usually take a few days to get everything caught up.

Trying not to bite my fingernails. LOL

But that's a bit bizarre (spoken with blissful ignorance of how the site works). It almost sounds easier to submit the edited version as a new story and then delete the old version.

It almost sounds easier to submit the edited version as a new story and then delete the old version.
Then you lose all votes, likes and comments on the original. If you want to keep the responses, then just submit the EDIT. It's pretty painless, really.

My parallel experience: I posted Under His Eyes in Loving Wives. It got many nasty comments and I revelled in the vitriol. Then it disappeared, 'reported' as a snuff story -- which it wasn't -- and removed. I was unfamiliar with the EDIT process at the time, so I inserted some clarifying text and posted that as Right Under His Eyes in Humor/Satire. The comments and votes there weren't nearly so toxic. Then I learned more about EDIT and re-submitted the original with explanatory notes to Laurel, and it was re-instated, with all the original responses still attached. I think my revision was a slightly better story, but I valued all the histrionic responses, so now both sardonic versions are available for readers' delectation.

If you want a clean slate, revise and submit and delete the original. If you want to keep the existing responses, use EDIT.

If you want a clean slate, revise and submit and delete the original. If you want to keep the existing responses, use EDIT.

Is there a simple way to delete a story? I've always used the edit process, but I've never found a straight forward method of deleting a story. If there is, I'd love to know about.

As for edits, it has taken up to a week for some of mine to go live, during which time readers have sent feedback on things I've already changed. I know it can be frustrating to wait, but this has definitely taught me to write something and review it for a few weeks before submitting it for the first time. I had never written an erotic story before I posted my first one here and I realize now that putting it down and revisiting it a few days later can make a world of difference.

Less frustrating would be to take care with the story before submitting the first time and then not editing after it's posted--just moving on to the next story. I don't think I've ever done an edit and, sure there are some mistakes in my story. This isn't the New Yorker, though.

What does it matter if it takes 2 days or 8 days? The only real question is...did it get rejected? And sure you want to know when it posts so you can watch the votes and reads tabulate and read any comments posted to see if someone really liked it.

But aren't there nicer things in life you could be doing except obsessing over a story you wrote...wait...of course there isn't. What was I thinking?!?! :eek:

Hi

I have been following a story thread for a while and it appears to have been awaiting moderator approval since at least new year. I take it this is likely a delay at the authors end based on the above being 2-3 days?:)

Hi

I have been following a story thread for a while and it appears to have been awaiting moderator approval since at least new year. I take it this is likely a delay at the authors end based on the above being 2-3 days?:)

Don't know what you mean by this. if it isn't your story, how do you know there is more of it submitted and awaiting submission editor approval? This is something only the author would know. The author's submission page isn't available to readers.

Hi

Are you actually getting an "awaiting moderator's approval" message? Or has it just not appeared in the author's list?

If you're getting the message, then there's something going on. There's no way for you to see that message unless the story has been approved, and then later pulled.

The two most likely scenarios are that the author noticed some horrible error and decided to pull it to fix it, or that there was a reader report about content violation, prompting Laurel to remove the story from visibility until changes are made.

What happened to this story?

https://www.literotica.com/s/melanies-seduction-ch-04

It is awaiting approval for more than a year now.

It's dead in the water.

It's been reported for some reason and the site editor has referred it back to the author with a rejection notice. It's up to the author to fix it and resubmit. If they haven't done so after a year, they're not likely to do anything now. So it's a non-story.

Back