A Roman Knight in Alexandria (open)*

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Posts
28,995
OOC: * Means that this is open, but that since it is historically based, some effort should be made to pay attention to facts, as they existed in Ptolemaic Egypt, Republican Rome, etc. This is a role play set in the reign of Berenice III, daughter and rebel against her father, Ptolemy Auletes (who was King, but never Pharaoh, since he could not appease the native priests of the ancient Egyptian religion).

My character is a knight, Titus Pacius, the younger son of Sextus Pacius the pedarius senator, who unlike his ambitious brother Sextus Pacius Junior, has no political aspirations of his own. Instead, being unable to access the landed wealth of the firstborn and heir, he has chosen a life of commerce as a means to enrich himself and acquire influence as a powerful knight (merchant/plutocrat/businessman). Thus his visit to Alexandria, to join the influential Roman business community there and make his mark in the world of high finance and industry.

There, of course, he is to have many adventures and meet many people. These will be created by you, the other role-players. There will also be a need for a retinue of slaves for such an important member of the Roman First Class. I will need, in particular, an Alexandrian business partner of some sort, not to mention Alexandrian women who have some intelligence and wit, as well as beauty and sex appeal.

I hope that this turns into an interesting role-play, with a mix of eroticism, history, character development, psychology, etc.

The setting is the year 58 BC (though not known as such to pre-Christian Romans and Alexandrians).

Bear in mind that while the Romans disapproved of homosexuality, Alexandrians had no qualms about it, so don't feel constrained to avoid the subject matter. It will make a useful part of the culture clash between a Republican Roman and his Alexandrian hosts. Also bear in mind that the Alexandrians looked down at ordinary, native Egyptians and hated their gods. If you wish to play a regular Egyptian, feel free, as that would be enlightening to the Roman as well.

IC:

Titus Pacius fully took in his first sight of the lighthouse at Pharos, the famous Alexandrian island that guided sailors safely into the harbor. It was truly awesome, thought the young Roman knight, who at 23 years of age, had just completed his mandatory six years (instead of ten campaigns) of military service as a tribune in the Roman legions.

Here was his first chance to explore the world on his own terms, though the official reason for his visit was strictly business. As a knight, he hoped to make his mark by lending money to Egyptian merchants at sensible rates of interest (some would call it high, but he deemed the risk to justify the increased profit).

Date merchants had visited Rome and requested a meeting with him, which convinced him that plenty of other Alexandrian businessmen would welcome the loans as well. He could make a great deal off profitable traders like those in a great port like Alexandria.

Of course, he was also curious what was really happening in Alexandria with the overthrow of King Ptolemy Auletes in favor of his daughter Berenice and her sister Cleopatra. Would the new ruler be favorable to Rome, as her father had been, or would things change again in that disorderly kingdom?

He further wanted to actually meet some of the locals in their own country and especially some women. Yes, they would make enticing lovers, he was sure, and as he was in no hurry to wed (as he was not yet twenty-five), he could use some sexual release. While he took some slaves with him, he still lived with his brother, the paterfamilias, and the house girls were all his. The slaves he brought were only clerks, a trio of Greeks who seemed more interested in each other than in women.

Elder brother Sextus had told him bluntly just before he left that he could use such girls while in the house or on the estates, but he couldn't take them with him, due to the risk of their escaping from custody. The whole Spartacus insurrection had convinced the firstborn not to trust slaves with too many opportunities to leave their master.

If his military service had been overseas, he would have his own slave girls, but as he had been on sentry duty in Italian Gaul after his only actual combat experience against the rebel Catiline, he had no chance to find one through a decent sack of a foreign city or town.

So, in short, if he was going to acquire a slave girl or two, his first real chance would be here, during his stay in Egypt, where he planned to enrich himself greatly as part of the local Roman merchant community.

Here it was....Titus thought as he finally set foot in the port of Alexandria, the city-state that dominated the great kingdom of Egypt through a personal union under the Ptolemies. Here was the richest, most powerful city of the East, the last outpost of the Macedonian Empire founded by Alexander the Great. Here, he, a Roman of the First Class and son and brother of a Roman senator, would make his own mark as a man of high finance.

Of course, it helped that he was a client of Marcus Licinius Crassus, the senatorial plutocrat who had insisted as the price for his assistance (in the form of introductions and connections, not of money) that when Titus returned, he would make a full report of the situation in Egypt. Not surprising, really, since Crassus was known to favor eventual annexation of Egypt by Rome, but no one at the moment (outside the small circle of Roman knights in Alexandria) needed to know that Crassus was his patron. That might scare people away (except the Romans, of course).

Yes, this trip had every promise of bringing him Fortune, provided that he kept his head and successfully juggled his plans for business, pleasure, and espionage.....
 
Livia had lived most of her life as a slave in Alexandria. She barely remembered the rolling hills of Gaul. She had flashes of memory of being in the belly of the ship that brought her to Alexandria. She had learned the language of the sailors very quickly. The slave trader had noted her gift for foreign tongues and he made sure she heard and learned many languages. The trader knew she would be well worth the training. Her hair was the color of flame and her skin was fair and dusted with just a few freckles. She was young and healthy and compliant.

Jahi Kafiri had spotted Livia when she was a little girl. Her red curls were falling in her face as she was learning to read and write Greek. He had purchased her that very afternoon. Livia had lived an easy life compared to many a slave. She slept in a cozy corner near the kitchen fire. She had played with Jahi's grandchildren and was treated very kindly. Jahi bought and traded spices from all around the world. Livia served as a translator for him. He even taught her to keep accounts. She was trusted with many matters of business.

But the taxes of Alexandria were crippling Jahi's business. Jahi was feeble now and his impetuous son was running them into poverty. Ships, furnishings, bushels of spices were being sold to keep the family afloat. Livia had bitten the inside of her mouth to keep from protesting when Jahi's son told her that she was being sold. She knew that her master Jahi would never have sold her. He considered her part of his family, and dear to his business. But his son didn't even let her say goodbye.

She had been delivered to the slave trader. The trader was happy to purchase her back. She spoke myriad languages and knew the merchants of Alexandria well. And now she was no longer a child. The trader had noted that she was a pretty young woman, and her copper colored hair gave her a bit of an exotic touch. The Kafiri family had reported that she was a compliant slave with a loyal disposition.

Livia sat on the worn wooden bench outside the slave trader's office.

"You won't be here long, girl. When someone comes looking for a translator, I will have you show them your skills."

Livia nodded and sipped in a long deep breath. The Kafiri's home had been her home as well. Now, she had no idea where she might lay her head next.
 
Titus Pacius

Titus just happened to come by the slavers' market right then, and he was definitely in the market for a female slave, preferably one intelligent enough not to completely bore him.

"I am Titus Pacius, a Roman citizen of the Ordo Equester and the First Class. I belong to the tribe Cornelia. I seek to purchase a young woman, but she has to have at least something of a brain and one or two skills to interest me, beside the obvious physical charms....though those would not hurt, either. Have you such a slave for me?"
 
Last edited:
The slaver was thrilled to see such a customer.

"I have several slaves that might suit you. But I have just acquired a slave that is a translator. She has worked for the Kafiri's since she was a child, they are spice traders." The trader flipped open his ledger. "She is worth a great deal and I have only had her for a few hours. But she will sell by nightfall."

The slave trader stuck his head out of the door. "Livia... come."

Livia nodded her head and gracefully stepped into the office. She was a little intimidated by the presence of the Roman. She lowered her eyes. Her lashes veiling her golden green eyes.

"This is Livia. She speaks Egyptian, Greek, Latin and the language of the Hebrews. She was born in Gaul but was raised in a fine Alexandrian house. The family she served was happy with her, but they have fallen on hard times."

"I was taught to serve well. I also kept ledgers and helped in matters of trade." She offered in Latin. Her voice only shook a little. She smoothed the fabric of her simple tunic out of nervousness.
 
Titus Pacius

"Livia, you say? A fine Roman name. Her captors must have been Roman to start with, or else her old master was fond of Rome. Tell me, Livia, do you know the Classics?" Titus asked her directly in Latin, admiring her as he saw her body and her lovely, ginger hair.

Titus thought....she's a Gaul....she could be very useful. Gauls aren't delicate flowers....they drink, they laugh, they live gregariously. She's very intelligent, too. You can see her mind and spirit....both very strong.

He noted her nervousness and assured her, "I do not treat my slaves roughly, I promise."
 
Livia smiled at Titus. "I do know the classics. My former Master, he encouraged me to learn. I was allowed to accompany him to the library. I helped educate his grandchildren and at times attended school with them."

Livia felt more confident as she talked to Titus. She looked up in his face, taking in his rugged good looks. "You were right about my name. It was given to me by my captors. They gave us all Roman names for our new lives."

She knew that this man could give her a comfortable life. She wanted to go to someone that would want her for her mind and her skills. She didn't want to end up being a laundress or kitchen slave.

"I helped the Kafiri's build their trade and I will do the same for you, if you choose me."

She placed her hand on his forearm.

"I will serve you well."
 
Titus Pacius

Titus was impressed by how easily Livia spoke to him, how natural it felt. While slaves were required to obey their masters, they were still people and it was far more common for Roman masters to treat them as such than it was for some other nationalities. They were property, yes, but no one pretended that they were mere possessions like a plow or a horse. They were just people unlucky enough to be enslaved.

"Very well, then. Come with me. Your first duty is write out the bank draft to the merchant for your own purchase. I imagine that you can handle that," Titus smiled even more broadly at his smart, lovely slave.....she could be a companion for those things that a wife could not do or would not do at his level in society. She would also get to do what was traditionally men's work as well for Titus....be his clerk.
 
Livia filled out the bill of sale and couldn't help but smile as she did so. Her day was looking up.

She glanced at her new master as she filled out the paperwork. He was good looking, fit and strong. He was a good head taller than she was. She saw her writ of ownership and the trader signed her over to Titus.

"She is all yours now." He gave Titus the paperwork.

Livia straightened her shoulders."What is next? The day is still young. Have you found a place to live?"

Livia and Titus left the slave traders and they were in the crowded street. Livia enjoyed the bustle of the city. She could not imagine living anywhere other than Alexandria.
 
Titus Pacius

"Oh, yes, a place to live. As it happens, I have rented a place for now. It will suffice for now, but perhaps you know the area well enough to recommend a solution for a longer stay, as it might well be a while before I depart," Titus informed Livia, trying not to be too obvious as he admired her figure.....still, she was quite the dish, he noted, hoping that she would not prove the sort of woman to resent her master's attentions.

After all, while it was true that he bought her partly for her mind, Titus also wanted Livia for her body as well.....what sort of man would not admire a slave of her beauty?
 
Livia nodded. "I will find you some property worthy of you." She said with a gracious smile. "But I will also make you a good home out of the place you have now."

Livia could see and feel his eyes on her. Her previous master had never used her for pleasure. But she had had lovers in the slave quarters. She had only had lovers of her own choosing. But she would not protest if Titus wanted to take her to bed. She enjoyed a good tumble, especially with a strong man.

"We should go to market and get wine and bread."
 
Titus Pacius

"Yes, we should, Livia. You're a very helpful young woman, I can tell that already. Lovely and intelligent. I will not deceive you. I do admire your beauty, but it is your intellect that sets you apart. I could have bought a house girl for her physical charms, but a good clerk is far more useful and necessary to my work, wouldn't you agree? I am a practical man. I will not promise anything but this, that I deal plainly and fairly with those of my household. I have the power, never doubt that, but I will not be cruel.

"All I ask is honesty, hard work, and loyalty in turn. You're here to help me run this firm. The rest is just recreation suitable for when we have needs. I'll make a deal with you, though I am not obliged to do so. If you do a good job, the other kinds of duties will be optional. If you do a rotten or mediocre job, well, I'm a pragmatist, and will insist on getting my money's worth out of you, somehow.

"I hope that we can be friends, but I understand if we cannot. A master is not an easy friend for a slave to make. Some slaves resent their masters, even when those masters treat them well. I like you from what I've seen, but don't think for a second that I am an easygoing man. I'm not. I mean to make no mean sestertius while here and you're going to help me manage it," Titus showed some of his inner steel with the same sort of hard resolve that typified the men of his family, even at early ages....the Pacii were notorious for their tenacity, their headstrong wills of iron.

"So, enough of that. Let's get something to eat," Titus urged her.
 
Livia led him to the marketplace. She bought fruit, cheese, bread and wine. At each vendor's stall she spoke the needed language and haggled for good prices. When she had all she needed for dinner, she turned to Titus.

"I agree to your terms. But I am willing and eager to come to your bed. I think we would enjoy each other." Livia whispered against his ear.

She hooked her arm into his and allowed him to lead her his rented home.

"We will need to find household servants. And a cook. I am afraid I have no talents for the kitchens...." Livia offered with a smile. "But I have talents in the bedroom. I hope you enjoy them."

As Livia entered the house, she reached back and unfastened the ties of her clothing and allowed them to fall to the floor. She knew the bedroom would not be hard to find.
 
Titus Pacius

Titus smiled as Livia proved extremely capable in the marketplace, but even more so because she proved so multi-lingual. He wondered what sort of advantage he would gain from owning a slave who speak so many tongues, especially given that women were often treated as invisible to men in high business circles, even in fairly egalitarian (sex-wise, not in terms of classes) Alexandria.

But when she undressed herself and made it clear that she was offering him physical pleasure as well as assistance he knew that he had a kindred spirit with him: a fellow pragmatist. Someone who sought out what they wanted and didn't let the usual hang-ups, doubts, worries, religious scruples, or social taboos prevent her (though admittedly there was no social stigma to a sexually compliant slave girl).

"In that case, I'd say that we understand each other remarkably well, my dear Livia. You know, it's unusual for a woman to be manumitted in Rome, but if you earn your keep and prove more helpful than most male clerks and scribes, which I suspect that you will, you might well defy those odds. You would just stay on as a freedwoman client for higher wages in that case," Titus suggested as he approached Livia and gave her a very lustful kiss.

It was abundantly clear that whether prompted by desire or ambition, Livia was willingly offering him her body....and only a fool would refuse such an invitation. Either way, it was flattering, too. Either he was attractive in his own right or she found him wealthy and powerful enough to be of use to her as well as she was to him.
 
Livia pressed her body to his as his mouth crushed hers. She moaned into his kiss. It had been a long time since she had been kissed well. Her full breasts were smashed against his chest.

"It has been some time since I have been with a man. And I have never have been with a man like you." Her voice was low and honeyed. "I want to please you. I want to know what you like."

She undressed him with skilled fingers. She kissed his chest and his shoulders. His bare skin warm and golden from the sun.

She slipped to her knees and took his member in her hands. She caressed him with her elegant fingers and brushed the head of his cock against her lips. She kissed the tip of his cock gently. Her tongue slipping out to taste him. She took him into her mouth, tasting him. Looking up at him to see if he was pleased with her.
 
Titus Pacius

Titus couldn't believe his good fortune, but then she was a slave....still, to see how eager she was to serve her new master, it spoke well for her, given that it wasn't even her main duty. She had already been told that her principal assignment was clerical work and translation, but this was a definite bonus.

The way that Livia knelt before him and began to pleasure him orally....that was just absolutely delightful. Fellatio, that was the term in Latin, and it was an act that no wife would perform for her husband, at least not in the First Class of Romans....it was a true mark of submission on her part. Truly wondrous, Livia's eagerness to please him.

The touch and kiss of Livia's tongue and lips....her warm mouth surrounding Titus's cock, and her soft, gentle hands on him....it was sensual in the extreme, especially after so long without a woman's attentions.

"Livia, this...is perfect. You are a truly sweet young woman, very beautiful, and to have you do this for me, a woman with such elegance, you could probably fit right into the elite of Alexandrian society, and you are doing this," Titus stopped speaking, unable to say more, as his desire and his passion took over, and then he raised her up to kiss her mouth with more than a little tongue.

"You have pleased me greatly, Livia. You deserve a reward. Sit down and part your thighs," Titus declared, his cock very hard now for her.
 
Last edited:
Livia sat down elegantly, spreading her legs. She smiled up at him. She placed her hands behind her, arching her back.

"I think I will very much like being yours." Livia whispered.

Livia put herself on display for him. Her full, firm breasts on display with their pale pink nipples and a dusting of freckles in her cleavage.


"I have never been bedded by a Roman before. I am a very lucky girl."

Livia felt her heartbeat quicken but she wasn't at all afraid, she was aroused and full of anticipation.
 
Titus Pacius

Titus began kissing up Livia's legs, moving his lips and tongue up her thighs, even, before stopping abruptly and sucking on her breasts for a moment. Then back to her thighs again, kissing them passionately, followed by the breasts again. His cock remained very hard for her....and then he knelt to begin work on her pubic mound. letting his mouth descend to her cunnus....his tongue exploring her pussy lips, his kiss seeking to excite her as it continued on her skin, even descending to her perineum a little.

Titus kept moving his kisses and his tongue back and forth, not settling on any one area for too long. He wanted to tease Livia more than a little, to see her react to such unexpected pleasures and attention.

Then he stopped again, pressing his cock between her breasts, offering her a chance to feel it slip between them....he wanted badly to make experience many forms of his touch, so many forms to tease and excite her.

Then came the command, "I will lie down. You will lie down on top of me, and place your mouth on my cock while my mouth is on your cunny. I want us to taste each other at once."
 
Livia did as she was bid. She laid on his strong body, taking his cock into her mouth. She giggled against his warm flesh as his tongue started to tease her.

She caressed him with her lips and tongue. She took her time. First, swirling her tongue around the head, teasing the skin of the crown with the tip of her tongue.

Livia felt her thighs tremble as Titus pressed his face to her sex. His breath and his mouth sent shivers up her spine.
 
Titus Pacius

Titus kept slowly, but surely increasing the intensity of the cunnilingus, sucking on her pussy lips, licking the inside of her cunnus.....he grabbed her buttocks a bit as he licked her, even teasing the outside of her anus with his fingers.

Meanwhile, he felt such incredible pleasure from Livia's eager mouth. It was clear that she was a very willing and enthusiastic lover....that she wanted to belong to him, didn't resent being his slave. That was his impression at least. He wasn't sure why she felt that way, but he counted it as a boon from the Goddess Fortuna, the embodiment of all good luck, with perhaps some help from Venus or Cupid.

Titus had heard of slaves like this before, slaves that didn't have to be cajoled to do this, who not only liked their masters, but were very thrilled to serve their masters, but he had feared that it was going to be more mercenary in his case, a slave just doing her duty to her master....Gods, was this a pleasant surprise... the skill, the way that she seemed to be so wet and warm for him, so inviting to his tongue and his mentula....welcoming both inside her.

The more willing and ardent a lover that Liviia proved to be, along with her considerable skills as a translator and scribe, the more determined that Titus was to advance her in his household. She would do well.....very well, on his staff. He continued tasting her, feasting on her with abandon, not minding her juices which he sucked right up. He loved how she felt around his cock, too....her lips and tongue on him.
 
Livia loved the feel of his strong mouth on her sex. Her master's mouth was strong and his tongue was eager. Livia liked pleasure. She swished her tongue back and forth, exploring the velvety skin of his cock.

Livia's thighs trembled as he teased and tasted her. Her sex was so very wet and she could smell her arousal. Her hands explored his strong legs, and cupped his muscular backside.

"Your body is magnificent. I am a very lucky girl to have been picked by someone like you." She whispers as her tongue flicks across the head of his cock. "I am eager to know what this cock will feel like inside of me."

Livia then took him back into her mouth, taking him into her throat. Her flame red hair fell around her, hiding her face as she pleasured him.
 
Titus Pacius

Titus could tell that Livia was ready and he whispered, "My dear, it is time. Time for us to couple fully at last, as a man and woman do. Do you not agree?"

He smiled at that thought, knowing that she was such a willing slave.
 
Livia agreed eagerly. She moved off of him and crawled up to his face, kissing him, sucking her taste from his lips.

"I am going to take good care of you. I am going to make you proud to own me, glad that I am yours." She whispered pressing her soft breasts against his strong chest.
 
Titus Pacius

"Then prove it, and let me prove to you that I will treat you better than any other master could hope to do. You are mine now. My very special slave. Smarter and worthier than the rest. More precious than the others. I had better be careful. It's too easy to fall for a slave like you," Titus informed her.

He then kissed her harder than he had ever kissed another woman, and lay her down on her back, spreading her thighs hungrily again as he slid himself inside Livia.

He gave her a second to adjust, and then he began his first eager strokes, letting her feel his lust and desire for her.
 
Livia wrapped her legs around him as he plunged into her. She kissed his throat and his shoulders.

Her body was eager and wet for him.

"More," She whispered greedily against his skin.

She traced her fingernails down his back.

"Give me more"
 
Titus Pacius

Titus was more than willing to oblige Livia, his cock driving deeper into her pussy....fine, hard mentula driving into her cunnus. He began taking her more aggressively, making her feel the pulsations of his hard cock deep within, knowing that he would make her totally his woman now. Oh, he would have others, presumably a wife at some point, too, but they would just have to understand....Livia was a case apart. She was his special, favorite slave. A great mind as well as a fine body...what a combination!
 
Back
Top