The Defenders Renewed (Group Thread Open To All)

silvertongue217

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 21, 2014
Posts
6,390
Defenders I wish this was under better circumstances

It has been five years since we last saw each other, five years since the defenders operated as the global peace keeping force we all vowed to be, five years since the bombing of our headquarters that lead to the accords and the end of the defenders. It was my job as your commander to keep you safe to protect and lead you in our most trying of times. Whether I failed or not..... Well you would know better than I but I do know one thing.

The world needs its shield again

I've kept tabs on most of you so I know you guys know how bad it is out there. The world is once again on the brink of war. Maniacal forces, ancient enemies, and greedy governments have once again rises after they managed to defeat us. Every day some thing new is happening and innocent civilians are getting caught in the crosshairs.

And that I can not abide

Its time for us to come back, to once again take up the mantle of shield and sword for our planet. You all come from different places, different nationalities. The powers you wield and the technology you use represent the best of humanity and our will to live. It is once again time to take up arms, to show the earth its hero's are still here.

That humanity is still defended



......................................

The truck bounced across the dirt road its electric engine protesting and whinning as it struggled down the dusty trail. The man in the car shifted his truckers cap bobbing for a second before one large hand grabbed it and pushed it down more securely on his head. The sun was setting to the west providing him with what some would say was a "killer view".

But he wasnt here for the view

"Commander to Central" He said his voice coming out gruff and hoarse "How far until target"

"Just a second Commander" A voice said young and excited "I just about got the old Iris network up and running...."

There was a sudden electric shock to the mans left eye that made him swear. Seconds later a rebooting screen came across his eye. It dinged and seconds later a series of waypoints appeared directing him as well as a total distance to the target.

"All set up" The young voice said huffing with excitement "it was a simple matter of rebooting-"

"No offense Central" The man said shaking his head "but you can spare me the techno babble I wouldn't get it any ways"

"Uh huh" Central said making a huff of disappointment "we really need some more nerdage in here"

"The call only went out three days ago" The man reminded him pulling into another more equally dusty road "the people will come"

"I wish I could share your optimism" Central said for once sounding serious "but after the accords and the battle of New Detriot"

"They will come" He growled finally spotting the police station and pulling up. He leaned back closing his eyes and pointing his head up for a second.

"They have to"

The car door slamming shut rang out over the dessert. The man sized the police station up for several minutes. He was a hulk of a man the simple fatigues he wore doing little to hide his bulk and his strength. The trucker cap pushed over his head kept his face in the shadows but there was hints of some thing more there. A line of red snaking up his neck, a handsome jaw, Of course the eyes were hidden by a pair of sunglasses but other than that the man was clearly downplaying who he was.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Central asked once more as The man stepped inside the police station "this girl... shes got a long list of priors"

"You of all people should know that people who are a little rough around the edges can make for good hero's" The man reminded Central as the police chief came over to meet him. He was a portly man the type that cropped up in dusty towns like these with little to no crime. The man would have to be careful not to break him.

"Your...." The Police Chief said walking over and his eyes widening "really him"

"I prefer John when not in uniform" John said with a wave of his hand "its a pleasure to meet you" he said holding out his hand for him to shake. The man took it keeping a nimble grip as if he was afraid John was going to crush his whole hand.

He had only done that once

"Your here about the prisoner?" The Police Chief asked raising an eyebrow "cant see why you would be..... She's a bit rough"

"I am sure you remember that the defenders were never clean cut" John said smirking slightly "I have her bail money here"

"So its true then?" The Chief asked as some of the other police men rose to look at John and one went off to go get Max "its been all over the news about the call about the defenders coming back its either that or the current escalation between russia....."

"Its true" John said his patented blunt outlook coming through "were coming back you can tell every one you heard it directly from me"

"The defenders are back"
 
"Matth, your bailth been pothted." Said the glaring guard with a freshly broken nose. "It's about god damn time." Max said hoping off the bench in the cell. "Who put up the money? Do I already have an admirer?" Max asked as she left the cell. "A man whoth too good for thcum like you to be in the prethenthce of. You don't-" The guard was cutoff as Max slammed her forehead into his broken nose. Me, two. Pigs, zero." Max said taking the unconscious officers handcuff keys. She unshackled her wrists and put the keys and cuffs in her pocket. She grabbed the pistol from the downed officer's holster and tucked it into her shorts, before leaving the holding cells.

Max walked out of the station and saw the police chief speaking to a giant man in military fatigues. She walked to the pair and plucked the sunglasses from the surprised chief's face and put them over her own eyes. "'Sup guys." She said, leaning on the still shocked police chief. She looked the big man up and down before speaking. "You bailed me out? What do you want with me?" She asked him.
 
John eyebrow rose taking her in "What I want is for you to give the police chief his glasses back or I revook your bail" John said jerking his thumb at the police chief before shaking his head.

"Then if you actually want to do some thing with your life and make some thing out of it you can come with me" John said folding his arms and watching her "I have a job for you Max"
 
"Nah. I really like these shades." Max said with a fake smile. Then, without warning, she spun around the police chief, wrapping her arm around his neck in a headlock and holding her gun to his head. "I don't care if you cancel the bail. I'm already out. And I like my life how it is. Booze, drugs, sex, violence. What more could a girl want?" Max said pulling the hammer back on the gun. "Give me a real offer, or I walk and fat ass hear ends up in the obituaries."
 
John rose an eyebrow watching her with an expression of amusement

"You do realize you will be riddled with bullets if you try that right?" John remarked noting all the officers behind her currently leveling their guns.

"Now if you want to stop being an idiot and have some real fun and actually do some thing with your life you will come with me if not" He remarked his fatigues morphing becoming black liquid that ran over his body. It morphed into his suit his very public and well known suit.

"well I dont mind helping to put you down"
 
"Yea, I'm sure the hillbilly SWAT team is a real crack force." Max said sarcastically. She watched as the black suit covered his body. "That's impressive. Do I get one if I join?" She asked pointing her gun at his armored chest. "That shit looks bullet proof. Is it?" She asked, her finger twitching on the trigger of her gun. "Because if it's not, I'm killing you first." Max said. "If it is, well maybe your club will be more fun than ripping off casinos."
 
"its bullet proof and I assure you very very stab happy" He said the tendrils flicking out over his body as he smirked.

"Now do you want to do this dance or actually kill some people who deserve it?" He asked turning and gesturing at the door "because iI got shit to do and I got to get back to the moon" He said opening the door and nodding at it.
 
Avery was airborne when the call sounded. She was several hundred meters in the air, soaring over the patches landscape. She bounced from thermal to thermal, barely needing to flap her wings at all. It was day like these, she thought, that made her operation worth it. The sky was clear, the sun was warm on her wings, and everything was just perfect.

That was, of course, when the infernal beeping started.

Avery ignored it at first. Flying further away from her modest home, she flew over a billabong, swooping down low and laughing as she sent a flock of cockatoos skyward. She did a barrel roll before shooting straight upwards, feeling the g forces pulling at her body, trying to drag her down. She loved the feeling, the weight, but most of all she loved when she stopped flapping her wings furiously. That moment of pure indecisive weightlessness as gravity realised she belonged to if now, that millisecond before it claimed her once more.

And then she was falling. She tucked her wings into her back and turned, watching the ground rising to meet her faster and faster. It was exhilarating, freeing. Well, it would have been for that bloody beeping. Avery's wings snapped out a moment before she would have hit the ground and she whooped with joy. She flew level to the ground, fingertips reaching out to ruffle the brittle grass as she turned and made for home. And that infernal beeping.

~*~

The beeping,as Avery has guessed, was the call to arms from The Defenders. It had been such a long time since she had heard it that she had pushed the sound to the back of her memory. After all of the action and adventure and fighting she was enjoying her peace. She was enjoying being back on earth, in her homeland, and having the freedom to do what she pleased.

It took her twenty minutes to find the damned decide. When she did she saw the recording from the Commander and gave a small sigh. He was right. The world needed them now more than she needed her freedom.

Avery snapped the wristband on, now blessedly silent, and went about finding her things

~*~

Four days later Avery had managed to procure a flight to the moon. After settling her onto the dock the pilots were eager to return home, not bothering to wait to see if she wanted a return trip. Perhaps it was her wings that had unsettled them, it wouldn't have been the first time. Or perhaps they were terrified of being in an aircraft that could be shot down at the whim of The Defender's enemies upon reentry. That did seem like the more likely option.

Avery walked through the familiar halls, her heart hollow at seeing them so devoid of life.

"Hello?" She called out, wings shifting uncomfortably as she looked around. "Anyone home?" She dumped her suitcases by the door to the main complex and wrnt inside, hoping to find someone here. Surely she wasn't the only one that had answered the call. Despite their history, there had to be others willing to come back and fight for the world they loved .
 
Last edited:
"You of all people should know that people who are a little rough around the edges can make for good hero's"

BACK ON THE MOON

Gregory POV

Gregory sighed leaning back and mulling on his words. Memories of his dad flashed back oh his smile and of his words about how evil could taint a person. He knew John hadn't purposefully meant to drag up the memories and the hurt but he had all the same.

Of course he would say he was reminding him of what they were fighting for

He sat up from COM station Alpha his new watch station. His spiders Rob and Bertha clattered up their mechanical legs clicking as they jumped onto his shoulder blades.

"I still cant believe we are here" Gregory murmured stroking their mechanical shells and turning. He took in the main deck that made up Defenders HQ noting the state of disrepair with a frown. His spiders were working over time doing every thing possible to get this place up and running. It was slow going however as most of the station hadn't seen any service or use for almost ten years. So far he had managed to get at least eighty percent of the station back up and running yet nomw that they were recalling the Defenders he would need to buckle down on his work.

"Hope your up there watching mom and dad" Gregory murmured shrugging his shoulders. His spiders jumped down scurrying to continue making repairs.

"Anyone home?"

Gregorys eyes snapped up. Some one was here? He hadn't heard any thing.....

"She must be a defender!" Gregory said to himself his eyes widening.

The badge was designed to allow access to the facility any one else would not be able to get in. Gregory rushed forward his sneakers squeaking across the floor as he opened the door to the bridge and OPS center.

"I am in here!" He called opening the door "come on in"
 
Avery heard an unfamiliar voice calling out and tensed, her shoulder blades pushing her wings taut and ready. Not that they would do much in such close quarters, but it was a natural reaction. She made her way to the OPS and slowed when she saw someone standing there. He was young like her, mid twenties perhaps with a shock of white hair, tanned skin and rather tantalizing purple and green mottled eyes. Avery's brow furrowed as she tried to place him, sure she had seen him somewhere before.

"Siren reporting for duty," she said, trying to assess whether he was a threat or not and stopping herself from fingering the dagger at her side. She hoped this wasn't a trap. "Where is the Commander?"
 
"Uh the commander is out picking up a recruit" Gregory said raising his hands

"My name is Gregory Deangelo but you can call me spider every one does" He said his eyes widening as he took in her wings

"Your siren!" He said as if he hadnt heard her just say that "your wings there so pretty!" He said walking over unable to help himself.

"Wow whats the wingspan on these? Theres been much debate in the forums! Also I heard your can reach up to mach speeds!" he chattered on walking around her in a circle.
 
Gregory Deangelo? Avery's eyes widened as she took in the man before her, buzzing with nervous energy and appearing much unlike his parents. His parents, people that Avery had fought beside at the final battle. His mother was a hero to Avery, kind of a mother figure to her. His father, well... That was another natter entirely. Surely though, if he was like his father, Chief would never have left him in charge of the moon...

Avery bristled under his questions and quite interested gaze. Her wings rippled as her cheeks flushed, appreciating the compliment yet embarrassed by all the question.

"Sorry, I don't usually talk wingspan on a first date," Avery said, eyes catching Spider's pretty but unusual ones. "Though i'll tell you mine if you tell me yours." She added a wink in for good measure, hoping to let him know she wasn't offended by his personal questions, just not quite willing to answer them
 
"Uh right" Gregory said blushing and taking a step back "I forgot I am so sorry I did not mean-


He shook his head "im going to shut up now" He said stepping back and allowing her into the OPS center.

"Welcome back to the base" Gregory said waving his hand "OPS center Alpha has seen better days but we are working on it" He said jerking his thumb at the mechanical spiders currently crawling over the fabrication machine.

"your the first to come back" He explained turning to look at her "thank you for coming" he said truth and sincerity behind his words.

"Commander will be glad your here he assured me you would be one of the first Siren believes in the cause almost as much as me he said" Gregory said chuckling.
 
"How can you not with a cause like ours?" Avery said, walking into the OPS and trying not to be disheartened by how it has degenerated over the hears. She watched as two mechanical spiders scuttled back and forth over the consoles and smiled.

"Spider?" She asked, looking between the guy and the spiders. They mist be what gave him his name. "They're quite cute!" She said, bending over to get a better look at them. "I'm guessing they're yours... They weren't here last time I was," she laughed, "How long have you been on base?" She asked, standing up straight as her hands ran over her armour, straightening it out.
 
"About a year!" Gregory said waving his hands the spiders scattered though not before turning and giving her a few appraising beeps.

"The captain found me I guess he had been searching for me for the last ten years after the battle that you know" Gregory said shaking his head "I had just come out of hiding my self ready to fight the good fight as they say"

"We have spent the last year getting this place back to halfway decent shape ten years wasn't kind" He said sighing and patting the console before turning to her.

"Siren.... My mom spoke very highly of you" He said softly looking down.
 
"its bullet proof and I assure you very very stab happy" He said the tendrils flicking out over his body as he smirked.

"Now do you want to do this dance or actually kill some people who deserve it?" He asked turning and gesturing at the door "because iI got shit to do and I got to get back to the moon" He said opening the door and nodding at it.

Max scrunched her face up as her mind ran with her options. After a moment she squeezed the trigger three times. When the bullets bounced off his chest she sighed. "Whelp. Guess that means I'm with coming with you." She sighed tucking the gun in the back of her shorts and pushing the chief towards his officers. "Thanks for the shades fat ass!" She called to the police chief as she climbed into the truck next to the large armored man. "So what's the job? We going to the moon?" Max asked looking through the glove box for cigarettes. "And what do I call you? Superman? Boss? Daddy?" Max asked, closing the glove box when she found nothing interesting.
 
John Pov

John shook his head "sorry" he siad to them before he turned and followed her out. He didnt bother opening the door for her noting she was already in and clambering in himself.

"You can call me Commander" He said rolling his eyes "or John honestly I dont care as long as you do the job and do it well"

He started the truck up ignoring her looking through the glove box. He pressed down on the horn waiting for it to beep. A countdown appeared in his IRIS ticking down as he pulled out of the police station and started down the dust road.

"Do you remember the defenders?" He asked looking over at her and raising an eyebrow "super hero group operated ten years ago?"
 
"Thank you for the ride, captain." Veronica said, her British accent clear as she spoke to the pilot. "No problem, miss...?" The captain's voice trailed off, she never told him her name. "Have a safe trip back to Earth, captain." Veronica said with a polite smile. She gathered her things as the captain's shuttle docked with the moon base. The shuttle doors opened, and Veronica stepped into the entrance of the derelict space station.

"I suppose it could be worse." Veronica thought to herself as she walked towards the voices she heard in the next room. She entered to see a young man talking to a woman with... Bird wings. Veronica was taken aback for a moment at the sight, but regained her composure before she was noticed. She set down her bags and approached the pair, smoothing out her sweater that did little to hide her impressive bust. "Hello, I'm Veronica Waters, call sign Duchess. I was hired by the commander, who I assume would have greeted me if he was here. I take it I will be working with the two of you?" She asked, looking them both over with a critical eye.
 
The Spider Pov

Gregory turned to the new comer opening his mouth to speak before his eyes widened in surprise.

Needless to say he wasnt used to speaking to so many hot woman at once

"Uh uh uh uh" He said before swallowing hard and shaking his head "My name is Gregory call sign Central this hear is the Siren old member of the defenders" He said before he jumped back in shock.

"I didnt mean old!" Gregory said looking over at her his eyes pleading she take no offense "I meant senior member but not senior like senior citizen..." He trailed off looking at both of them.

"Im going to go check on the commander!" He said nervously moving away and back to the OPS center.
 
Avery smiled at Spider's comment about his mother.

"That means a lot, thank you," She said, smile soft as she thought back to one of her old mentors. It was almost ten years ago, but at times like this it was still as fresh as though it happened yesterday. She felt a familiar fog creeping up on her and she pushed it aside. This was a new beginning.

Luckily, a new arrival distracted her.

A woman, a very attractive woman, walked into the room and announced herself. Duchess, yes the name suited her. Avery stood tall, not letting the woman's critical gaze shake her. If Chief had hired her then she must be good at what she did. Whatever it was.

Avery couldn't help but laugh at Spiders's rambling, she rolled her eyes and gave him a reassuring look, letting him know she wasn't offended.

"So, Duchess," Avery said with a welcoming smile, "This is your first time at Defenders HQ? I can show you around if you like?" She held out her hand for the woman to shake if she was that way inclined.
 
John shook his head "sorry" he siad to them before he turned and followed her out. He didnt bother opening the door for her noting she was already in and clambering in himself.

"You can call me Commander" He said rolling his eyes "or John honestly I dont care as long as you do the job and do it well"

He started the truck up ignoring her looking through the glove box. He pressed down on the horn waiting for it to beep. A countdown appeared in his IRIS ticking down as he pulled out of the police station and started down the dust road.

"Do you remember the defenders?" He asked looking over at her and raising an eyebrow "super hero group operated ten years ago?"

"No. I was living in a hole in the ground." Max said, her voice void of sarcasm. "I'll give your group a sniff, but if it's boring, I bail. And if you ask me to pull a damn cat out of a tree, I'll find a bullet that can crack that shit you've got on." Max said. "Can we stop at a gas station? Those pigs stole my smokes. And didn't feed me. Reminds me of the good old days." She said bitterly.
 
The Commander Pov

"no bullet can crack that shit I assure you" John said rolling his eyes and reaching into his pocket.

"and here compliments of the house" He said tossing her the smoke "and hang on tight" He said to her smirking as he gunned the electric engine. There was a flash and load bang and suddenly they were gone from the dusty road in the dessert.

And instead on the moon

"Central to Commander we are back" John said into the COM pulling the electric truck to a halt.

"Come on" He said popping upon the door and stepping out "time to see the new digs" He told her jumping onto the deck and starting toward the door.
 
Veronica watched Spider nervously stutter with distaste, before he scrambled away. "What an odd little man." She thought to herself before turning and shaking Avery's hand. "I prefer Veronica when off duty, and yes, a tour would be welcome. As well as finding a place for my things. We have private quarters, I trust?" Veronica asked, gathering her bags. "So you were in the first wave of this organization? What was it like back then? I assume there were more agents, and... Nicer facilites."
 
Avery was pleased the woman, Veronica, accepted her handshake.

"Yes, the facilities were in better condition then..." Avery said, buzzing them out of the OCP and leading her down the corridor. "Though I'm sure Chief'll have this place back in shape in no time. We do have our own rooms as well, thankfully. We'll need them when everyone starts coming in. We are all here for the same reason, but that doesn't mean there isn't tension... Too many big personalities on one tiny moon." Avery shrugged as they made their way to the barracks. They were all much the same really, so she showed Veronica to one that was near a bathroom, but not so near as to be easily disturbed by the traffic. A good spot, all in all.

"I was only here for about a year before the final battle. It felt like longer than that. This place... it kinda feels like a home in no time." Avery leaned against the doorframe as she chatted. "So, what's your thing?" Avery asked. She shook out her wings slightly and grinned, giving a clear indication of what she was here for.
 
"no bullet can crack that shit I assure you" John said rolling his eyes and reaching into his pocket.

"and here compliments of the house" He said tossing her the smoke "and hang on tight" He said to her smirking as he gunned the electric engine. There was a flash and load bang and suddenly they were gone from the dusty road in the dessert.

And instead on the moon

"Central to Commander we are back" John said into the COM pulling the electric truck to a halt.

"Come on" He said popping upon the door and stepping out "time to see the new digs" He told her jumping onto the deck and starting toward the door.

"Alright, that was pretty cool." Max said lighting her cigarette and following the Commander into station. "So when do I- Shit!" Max shouted as a metal spider scuttled across the floor in front of her. Her foot shot out, and quickly crushed the metal arachnid with the back of her heel. "You've got a bug problem. A robot bug problem." Max said, picking up the smashed machine by its twitching metal leg.
 
Back
Top