Writing Challenge ~ December 2014 ~ Comments and Reviews

I owe reviews and will get to the soon, I promise :eek:

Just in case anyone is confused, I have reserved a post for StFornicate's piece for 18th December.

TinyDuchess please feel free to post whenever you're ready and then it's Tess up tomorrow :D
 
My sincere apologies to everyone for the delay in my posting. Tech issues again. I wound up having to type up my post using my phone - and yes I am still using my phone to type this. Needlesss to say it was slow and tough going. I tried to avoid as much typos as I could, I apologize if I missed more than a few. I'll try to correct that later if I can.

I hope you all enjoy it!
 
Delicious Maiden-- lovely. I loved all of the backstory that was woven in.



everyone has given us such lovely pieces to read. I just want to save this spot for comments.
 
Last edited:
Deep breath.... here we go.....

Fr33k - your stuff is always on point. I admire your use if words to paint such a vivid image, sometimes they are few, sometimes they are more, but they are always vivid.

Wideeyedone - Loved your pieces. The poem was heartfelt, the second, I loved the adoption image with the heart. Adopted is different, not less loved.

Mari - You know I love everything you write.... nuf said.

thestrugle - I wasn't sure where you were going at first, but at the end I was happy to get there. Thank you for this.

SB - Your works are always thrilling. in both good and bad ways, and I mean that as a compliment.

AnyOtherName - Wow - very powerful. I'm really looking forward to seeing you submit for future challenges.

TD - despite technical challenges, I loved both your pieces. The first got to where it needed to be, the second... I really enjoyed it. original typos and all lol.

Angel - I've been badgering you for months to do a challenge piece, and you did not disappoint. It was emotional, personal and touching... thank you. :rose:

Brit - I didn't forget you - as always... friggin brilliant.
 
1. Britwitch- such a great way to start off the December challenge. I really enjoyed this piece, it just embodied so much about your writing that makes me smile. The wonderful description of the snow, the element of fear and then surprise, and then all the love and hope. I really liked this. I must have read it about a dozen times.

2. Fun. I thought this piece was great. It was like a little snapshot into a moment, you let us see the intimacy and the deep connection these two nameless characters have. Their bond was reminiscent for me, and every time I read this piece it makes me smile.

3. Alice. If you wrote your shopping list down, I would read it. This was the first piece of the challenge that brought me to tears. It was a little piece of you, and it felt really personal. I can only thank you for sharing it with us all. I absolutely loved the 'Maybe love is god'. The last couple of paragraphs just broke me.

4. Scuttle. When I read the warning, I got excited. Stuff with warnings is usually good, especially yours. But I was so unprepared for the punch this piece delivered. This was the second piece that made me cry. It was still and beautiful and as always, your description was fantastic. But I've only been able to read it twice.

5. wideeyedone. Aw, this. This was like a tiny little fragile, ice covered rose petal. It did something to my heart, and even now when I read it I find myself with this expression on my face for more. Thank you, it was gorgeous.

6. fr33ks33k. You do this thing with language that I just wish I could do. I can't even mimic it. "It's amazing how even the death of beauty is beautiful." I think that line will stay with me forever. This was just transcendent.

7. dutchrain. Ooh, I'd forgotten this one until I came around to write the review! I LOVED this. I literally almost squealed when I read the opening paragraph again - this story just was awesome to me. I have no idea why, maybe because I'm a history geek, maybe because you captured stories across generations in one short piece, but you need to feel proud of this. This was just pure class.

8. Britwitch. This one makes me smile. Not a regular me-smile, but a bit old cheesy grin. I just love how you make a simple meeting seem like the beginning of something epic. But then, I should know better. It's you, after all. I just love how he chats her up when he's lying on the street. It was wintry, and your description made it seem like it should have been cold, but it was so warm. I loved it.

9. TinyDuchess. The relationship between Caroline and Sophie in this got me, because I'm in that same situation. I found myself relating to Caroline, even getting annoyed by her annoyance! This just sucked me right in. There are definite similarities between us that just were plain creepy... Thank you for this piece, TD. It really was brilliant.

10. Fun. I was doing so well until I got to the end! You guys are going to think I'm an emotional wreck, and by the end of the challenge I kind of expected that to happen. I loved this piece, the way the father was protectively watching, nostalgic for his youth, and that ending just... Jesus. You could have warned a girl you were going to just pull the carpet out from under her.

11. wideeyedone. Okay. The others made me cry a little. This one? Floods. I loved this. It just embodied so much of what this time of the year means to me. I can barely even reread it, but it was just chock-full of Christmas spirit. It was awesome.

12. DeliciousMaiden. This felt rather personal. Everybody loves weddings, me included, and I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I loved how she trusted him complicitly with the planning. I loved how they obviously knew each other entirely. I thought this was a great description of a hopeful and completely supportive relationship. It was romantic and the style of writing was gentle. For me it showed the importance of the trust and the bond and you hit the nail on the head when you said the rest was just dressing. I loved this.

~13 - 24 will follow shortly ~​
 
Thank you PS, I'm glad you liked them. They were fun to write and, sorry... no warnings when it comes to plot twists. ;)
 
Back
Top