Data Shows Absolute Economic Destruction During Obama Years

DawnODay

Literotica Guru
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Posts
3,120
obama-economy-disaster.jpg


T. Malloch, MEASURING PERFORMANCE: New Data Shows Absolute Economic Destruction During Obama Years, Gateway Pundit (May 30, 2019).
 
LOL...lies, damn lies and statistics.

The Gateway Pundit? Really?
 
Barack Obama's presidency will be forever remembered for three things:

1) Back in 2008, when he was still a U.S. Senator from Illinois, Obama gave an impassioned speech lambasting then-president Bush for allowing America's debt to increase by $4-trillion during the Bush presidency, calling Bush "unpatriotic!" Now jump ahead eight-years, and President Obama is about to leave office, with our nation's debt having increased during that time by an additional $10-trillion! I mean, how hypocritical can you possibly get?

2) In 2009, President Obama pushed his Democratic Party into passing his deeply-flawed Affordable Care Act (aka: ObamaCare), where he repeatedly lied, promising the American people: "if you like your doctor you can keep him, period... if you like your current health plan you can keep it, period!" The end result of this signature legislative achievement was a humiliating route in the 2010 congressional elections, with Democrats losing a massive 63-House & 6-senate seats!

3) Towards the end of his White House years, Obama signed a presidential Executive Order allowing transgendered guys to use the girl's locker room at school! Today, there are transgendered guys running in women's track & field events, winning CHAMPIONSHIPS over girls! And they have President Obama to thank for opening the door!
 
I was outed as a man.

Way to not answer the question dawn! Hey remember when Jim Hoft (he's the gateway pundit you're citing) said all this shit and was wrong?

As always, racist dawn gets caught being racist, gets owned for being a racist, then doubles down on "her" racism. Classic racist move!

By the way I've already outed you as a dump alt so you don't need to double post anymore.

We'll close this thread too now, thanks!
 
There’s no context and the source presenting them is far right so bias is baked in...squeezing and expanding years to make thing look more dire, for one thing. Statistics can be manipulated, surely you know that.

Presidents can influence but the economy is largely the economy, and Obama was sworn in during a recession so blaming economic destruction on Obama is disingenuous at best.

Is the current economy due to Trump or is it a continuation of what he inherited from Obama? What does the pundit do with those numbers.
 
There’s no context and the source presenting them is far right so bias is baked in...squeezing and expanding years to make thing look more dire, for one thing. Statistics can be manipulated, surely you know that.

Presidents can influence but the economy is largely the economy, and Obama was sworn in during a recession so blaming economic destruction on Obama is disingenuous at best.

Is the current economy due to Trump or is it a continuation of what he inherited from Obama? What does the pundit do with those numbers.

Furthermore, if you click on the link provided by the racist dawn you'll notice it just links to the St. Louis Fed twitter account.

As I've pointed out before racist dawn cherry picks. For example, "she" didn't say a word when middle class incomes reached their highest levels ever under Obama.

Gee, I wonder why racist dawn, who only cites racist bullshit, didn't say anything?
 
She probably went to work. :nana:

I work from home. I usually just don't bother responding to dan_c00000 because he rarely adds anything meaningful to the discussion. If you look through my threads, you will find he usually cites outdated or refuted sources, or simply misrepresents what his sources say.

Let's see how he did this time:

....

As I've pointed out before racist dawn cherry picks. For example, "she" didn't say a word when middle class incomes reached their highest levels ever under Obama....

Okay, let's use middle class incomes reaching new heights as the criterion to judge a president's performance.

Median household income in the United States in 2017 was $61,372, an increase in real terms of 1.8 percent from the 2016 median income of $60,309. This is the third consecutive annual increase in median household income.​

Press Release, Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2017, CB18-144, US Census Bureau (Sep. 12, 2018).

Then there's the median household income index compiled monthly by Sentier Research. It climbed again in August [2018] to $62,685. That's up 2.8% from August 2017, and a gain of 4.7% since President Trump took office. It's also now higher than any time since 2000....

Sentier data show that median household income did not budge at all from August 2015 until January 2017. It has been steadily moving upward ever since....​

Pay No Attention To That 'Unexpected' Good Economic News Over There, Investor's Business Daily (Sep. 25, 2018) (emphasis added).

Thank you for supporting my position, dan_c00000. Trump has totally outperformed Obama based on the criterion you chose.
 
Okay, let's use middle class.

Sure thing racist dawn. Let's use the middle class.

"A recent survey conducted by the National Association of Business Economics found that the tax cut had “no major impact on businesses’ capital investment or hiring plans” while report after report indicates corporations are using their tax windfall for record stock buybacks that enrich executives and shareholders rather than investing and creating jobs."

Wow, that just destroyed everything dawn has every said about anything!

Let's go further though shall we?

"The benefits of the law tilt toward the well-off both now and in the future, according to the distributional analysis of the Tax Policy Center. By 2027, benefits of the tax law flow entirely to the rich."

Damn racist dawn is getting owned hard.

"Real wages only grew 1.9 percent in 2018."

Not looking good for racist dawn. You can even look at the chart yourself. You'll notice that Trump's highest is nowhere near Obama's.

"Job creation drops to 9-year low in May"

Wow, 9 year low very impressive racist dawn!

"Trump's recent statements about the economy are false or exaggerated — here are 4 charts that prove it"

What your hero the Orange Nazi lie? Never! Poor racist dawn so easily tricked.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Why do you racists always resort to violence when you can't win an argument? I find that very puzzling. Maybe you're just frustrated because you recently found out you were helping Trump murder children?
 
Sure thing racist dawn. Let's use the middle class....

Okay, lets! Even left of center publications recognize that the middle class id doing better under Trump (even if it's to try to predict a supposedly coming downturn).

So here comes USA Today, which admits that the middle class has actually seen, in its words, a "revival" under Trump.

"The vibrant economy, juiced further by the Trump-led tax cuts and federal spending increases, has lifted employment and wages for workers at all levels, including the middle class."

Shocking news to anyone who gets their news from the mainstream press. But the story goes on to note that:

  • "Median U.S. household income … rose 1.8% to an all-time high of $61,372 in 2017."
  • "Employers added an average 223,000 jobs a month last year, up from 179,000 in 2017. And unemployment sank to a near 50-year low."
  • "Average U.S. wages climbed 3.3% in 2018, after being stuck at 2.5% to 2.7% (growth) for several years."
  • "Industries that employ middle-class workers in particular are benefiting. Manufacturers have added about 450,000 jobs since Trump took office, the largest two-year total in decades."
  • "The number of factory jobs 'reshored,' or shifted to the U.S. from overseas … hit a record 170,00 in 2017." (Emphases added.)

Someone Just Noticed The Middle-Class Revival Going On Under Trump, Investor's Business Daily (Feb 12, 2019).

The middle class itself also recognizes it is doing better under Trump.

The public's quality of life has improved sharply in the past two years....

How do we know? Look at the IBD/TIPP Quality of Life Index, which asks the public whether they think their quality of life will be better, worse or the same over the next six months.

In the 17 years IBD has been compiling this index, it's averaged 56.2. Under President Obama, it averaged just 53.7. Even if you only include Obama's second term, it was well below the 17-year average.

Under Trump? The Quality of Life Index has averaged 59.3. That's a 10% increase over the average during the Obama years.

To be sure, there's a partisan element to this. Republicans tend to rate their quality of life higher than Democrats when there's a Republican in the White House, and vice versa. But look at independents: Their quality of life averaged 52 under Obama. It's averaging 58.8 under Trump — a 13% bump.

What' more, the gains are across the board. Households making from $35,000 to $50,000, for example, saw an 8% gain in this index when you compare Trump to Obama. Those making from $50,000 to $75,000, an 11% gain.

We see the same phenomenon with the IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index, which has been in positive territory — over 50 — since Trump's been president. It averaged only 46.8 under Obama.​

Fact Check This: Quality Of Life Is Up Sharply Under Trump, Investor's Business Daily (Feb 2, 2019).

Even if things have slowed a bit in the past couple months -- due, in large part, to the historically low unemployment rate making it hard for businesses to obtain the workforces necessary for expansion -- they are still improving, and are certainly better than they were at any time under Obama, which is what this thread is about: the manifest "Absolute Economic Destruction During Obama Years."
 
Okay, lets! Even left of center publications

The USA Today is left of center? Why? Because they use colors? Oh right, colors. You're against anything that isn't white. I should have realized that.

Anyway, in reality Trump's tariffs could destroy whatever (little) tax cuts the middle class got. Here's noted business source and hardly pro-middle class publication Bloomberg noting that Trump favors the rich over the middle class.

Let's check out your "source". Hmm what a shock Investor's Business Daily takes Koch money and advertises for them in their "editorial" section. Or how environmentalists were responsible for the Exxon Valdez spill. And what a shock, they're anti-Semitic too! They said George Soros was a Nazi collaborator.

So good source dawn. One that's in the pocket of rich polluters, makes up insane shit, and hate Jews. No wonder you're using that as your evidence.
 
The USA Today is left of center? Why? Because they use colors? Oh right, colors. You're against anything that isn't white. I should have realized that....

Let's check out your "source". Hmm....

So good source dawn. One that's in the pocket of rich polluters, makes up insane shit, and hate Jews. No wonder you're using that as your evidence.

Ah, your usual resort to argumentum ad hominem. That's when I know I have won.
 
DawnODay writes: "Ah, your usual resort to argumentum ad hominem. That's when I know I have won."

Sometimes I think that Dan might actually be a conservative posting incredibly silly things while pretending the entire time that he's a liberal - you know, just his way of showing just how absurd the far-left has gotten in the age of Trump! You've got to admit, his posts do absolutely NOTHING to promote liberal causes or advancing the Democratic Party's increasingly extremist agenda.

dan_c00000 writes: "I find it racist for people to assume that Jussie Smollet was lying about being attacked by two black African men wearing MAGA hats in Chicago... if former First Lady Michelle Obama believed his story, then so do I!"

Repeating some of the stats listed above by Dawn:

"Employers adding an average of 223,000 jobs a month last year, up from 179,000 in 2017. And unemployment sank to a near 50-year low."

"Average U.S. wages climbing 3.3% in 2018, after being stuck at 2.5% to 2.7% (growth) for several years."

"Industries that employ middle-class workers in particular are benefiting. Manufacturers have added about 450,000 jobs since Trump took office, the largest two-year total in decades."

"The number of factory jobs 'reshored,' or shifted to the U.S. from overseas … hitting a record high 170,00 in 2017."

No wonder Barack Obama & Joe Biden are both trying so hard to claim some of the credit for President Trump's amazing record of non-stop SUCCESS!
 
America's Real Economy: It Isn't Booming

Ostensibly, for the past ten years, our economy has been recovering from the 2008 collapse. During the past few years, our comeback seems to have gained momentum. All the official indicators say we’re back in boom times, with a bull market, low unemployment and steady job growth. But there is an alternative set of data that depicts a different America, where the overlooked majority struggles from month to month.

The Nation recently published a stunning overview of the working poor and underpaid. One of the most powerful data points in the piece described how empty the decline in unemployment actually is: having a job doesn’t exempt anyone from poverty anymore. About 12% of Americans (43 million) are considered poor, and yet they are employed. They earn an individual income below $12,140 per year, and slightly more than that for a family of two. If you include housing and medical expenses in the calculation, it raises the percentage of Americans living in poverty to 14%. That’s 45 million people.

Take a look at an inflation calculator and see just how much a now $7.50 an hour is worth in 2000 Dollars. It might surprise you.
 
America's Real Economy: It Isn't Booming



Take a look at an inflation calculator and see just how much a now $7.50 an hour is worth in 2000 Dollars. It might surprise you.

Another Forbes article. Looks like there's a reason racist dawn gave up on that.

Inflation is important because it tends to wipe out wage gains. Bloomberg points this out "Once the impact of inflation is included, ordinary Americans’ hourly earnings are lower than they were a year ago." Dawn ignores it.

Let's not forget that Trump's shutdown cost the American people $11 billion dollars, $3 billion of which they'll never see again.

Clearly, Trump's economic miracle isn't one that the average person is seeing. Why does dawn support Trump? Simple, he hates the same people dawn does: blacks, minorities, Jews, poor, gay/lesbian, trans, etc.
 
Back
Top