Motorcycle Thread

Lancecastor

Lit's Most Beloved Poster
Spring is coming. Time for a Motorcycle Thread.

Vintage%20Chief.jpg

Last edited:
I don't own a bike but my brother in law makes the run on his Harley every two or three years. Pretty long run from San Diego.

Much longer run from here, especially on an antique, and I don't see the attraction in trailering a bike to a bike event

Plus that whole American/Harley/biker shit doesn't do much for me...I'm more of a motorcyclist than a biker.

The group I'm with is international and small, mostly geezers, eccentrics, crazed bastards, all way above average brains...lots of guys like Anthony Hopkins in "The Fastest Indian". We met last year in North Carolina.

I have 6 and ride every one of them: a 2000 Triumph Tiger, a 1999 Triumph Legend with a Kenna sidecar, a 1979 XT500 Yamaha, a 1983 XVZ12 Yamaha Venture, a 1987 Honda 250 VTR and a 1988 Suzuki Intruder.

I had a 2000 Victory Sport Cruiser until an asshole hit me from behind last June and totaled it.

There's only three Harleys I'd ever own, or ride: an XR750, an XR1000 or a Street Rod. The rest are a waste of money.

I ride not because it's cool, or it makes my image, I ride because I'm addicted to it, plain and simple. After putting over 350,000 miles on bikes, I was forced to admit that.

And there's a big difference between a biker and a motorcyclist.

Comshaw

Vetteman you should try a bike sometime, they're a lot of fun.

Comshaw, I know what you mean about the HD line...I rode a late shovehead Ultra last summer for a week and it was a lovely old beast, great sound, but a pig in the corners and although it was a fesh restoration, things kept falling off it from the vibrations. Charming, but agricultural.

Those older Ventures have great motors....any trouble with 2nd gear?

I rode an early Victory SC (97?) last year for a day...solid, though the pre Arlen Ness Victories aren't very pretty bikes.

Last edited:
Arlo.jpg

I don't want a pickle,
I just want to ride on my motorcycle

Comshaw

Back