Reproductive "rights" vs. reproductive responsibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by renard_ruse
At one time most adults took pride in being responsible for themselves and their actions. If an unwanted result occured from one's voluntary choices, the adult would man up or woman up and deal with the consequences.

Today a large percentage of people claim the right to do anything they want in any way they want AND expect there to be no consequences to their actions. For example, they voluntarily choose to engage in sexual intercourse without taking adequate contraceptive precautions and then have a tantrum demanding the "right" to eliminate the unwanted consequences and even in many case demand others pay to eliminate the consequences for them. This is somehow refered to as "rights."

Where is the pride of real adults, women and men, to take responsibility for their own lives and actions? If you don't want a baby, take the necessary steps not to create one, whatever that entails for you. It doesn't seem that complicated.

That time was before anybody currently alive was born. I'm not sure why you think we should go back to doing things the way they did thousands of years ago. The rest is your usual stupid drivel.

You are wrong about that, Sean. The fox has described the attitude that was held by most when I was growing up in the Forties and Fifties.

To me it means this......

I am a sinner. I do not deserve anything but to live eternally in Hell. God loves me and wants me to be with Him for eternity. I can't be there with sin, as God is perfect. God sent His Son to come to earth...live as fully God and fully human ....and to live perfectly. He was sacrificed on the cross to pay the price for my sins (and anyone else who chooses to believe they are sinners and want God to save them). Jesus rose again and is now with God in Heaven.

I am no more deserving than anyone else....I just believe it to be true...and try to live my life that would be pleasing to God and glorify Him.

I still sin, everyday. I ask for forgiveness, everyday.

I think I make people mad only because I believe God more than human beings. I don't believe God's standards or morals ever change, even if society's does. Of course, it would be nice to have friends here, but if the only reason I am disliked is because of my faith and standing up for God, then I suppose many will continue to hate me here.

There are so many things that everyday Christians do daily that the bible doesn't condone. You can eat pork but don't you dare love a same sex person and don't you dare expect to be treated with love if you do.

At some point if you want to say "society shouldn't change with the times" you have to acknowledge that you don't live a life by biblical terms either. You pick and choose what you think is wrong, unless I'm incorrect in believing that you don't eat in a kosher fashion.

I'm sure you do ask for forgiveness every day, you probably pray for the souls here too, but it doesn't make you right. If you believe in God you believe only one being can judge you and it's certainly not a person posting on Lit.

There are so many things that everyday Christians do daily that the bible doesn't condone. You can eat pork but don't you dare love a same sex person and don't you dare expect to be treated with love if you do.

At some point if you want to say "society shouldn't change with the times" you have to acknowledge that you don't live a life by biblical terms either. You pick and choose what you think is wrong, unless I'm incorrect in believe that you don't eat in a kosher fashion.

I'm sure you do ask for forgiveness every day, you probably pray for the souls here too, but it doesn't make you right. If you believe in God you believe only one being can judge you and it's certainly not a person posting on Lit.

Jesus dying on the cross...the perfect sacrifice set us free from the law of which you speak...(eating kosher and such).

I am not judging you. Far from it. I share MY opinion as everyone else on here does. My opinion does not fall lock-step with most on here. I have no problem with that. I believe God's Word to be true.....and always will. My opinion....my choice.

I hope you understand that I truly do not say things to make people mad. I say things I believe.

...in your own words, Eeyore.

You don't claim being "a good Christian woman" - check

You can't claim being original, either - check

If you believe in God you believe only one being can judge you and it's certainly not a person posting on Lit.

You may wish to ponder the reason for the problem you're having there between judgement and conviction...

BTW:

Are you stating that you believe in God?

At some point if you want to say "society shouldn't change with the times" you have to acknowledge that you don't live a life by biblical terms either. You pick and choose what you think is wrong, unless I'm incorrect in believing that you don't eat in a kosher fashion.

You should probably learn the difference between Christians and Jews and the reasons for those differences before going on any rants. Just sayin'.

You should probably learn the difference between Christians and Jews and the reasons for those differences before going on any rants. Just sayin'.

I know the difference. I also know the difference between the Old and New Testament. There was a broad point there but thank you ever so much for bring helpful, it's such a treat for you to deign to speak to me.

I know the difference. I also know the difference between the Old and New Testament. There was a broad point there but thank you ever so much for bring helpful, it's such a treat for you to deign to speak to me.

There was no broad point. You specifically said Christians pick and choose because they don't eat kosher. That's ignorant and shows you clearly do not understand some pretty basic concepts.

There was no broad point. You specifically said Christians pick and choose because they don't eat kosher. That's ignorant and shows you clearly do not understand some pretty basic concepts.

The word "fashion" indicated that, actually and the truth is I didn't want to turn on the light, open my Bible and list off the other things that I'm pretty sure she doesn't do. That doesn't make me ignorant it just makes me tired.

The word "fashion" indicated that, actually and the truth is I didn't want to turn on the light, open my Bible and list off the other things that I'm pretty sure she doesn't do. That doesn't make me ignorant it just makes me tired.

Being kosher has absolutely nothing to do with being Christian. Nothing. So yes it was ignorant. Pretending to be tired because you're an idiot doesn't work.

Being kosher has absolutely nothing to do with being Christian. Nothing. So yes it was ignorant. Pretending to be tired because you're an idiot doesn't work.

I'm not an idiot, we both know this but if it makes you feel better to call me one that's awesome.

Also, awesome is probably not a word I should use in this context either.

..I don't believe God's standards or morals ever change, even if society's does. Of course, it would be nice to have friends here, but if the only reason I am disliked is because of my faith and standing up for God, then I suppose many will continue to hate me here.

Review what the Bible (God's Holy Word) has to say about slavery and the proper care and upkeep of slaves. Then get back to us.

The word "fashion" indicated that, actually and the truth is I didn't want to turn on the light, open my Bible and list off the other things that I'm pretty sure she doesn't do.

Thank goodness for that...

...'cause, that would be awfully...how did you term it...ah, yes...judgmental of you.

BTW2: Do you believe in God?

I'm not an idiot, we both know this but if it makes you feel better to call me one that's awesome.

Also, awesome is probably not a word I should use in this context either.

No, you really are an idiot. It's not the first time you've proven it. I've been clear on this before so only an idiot would say I know you're not.

You have no idea what I do and do not do. I am the first to admit to be a sinner....I am not perfect ....not even close....and never will be.

Just to be fair....I have no idea what you do and don't do either. :)

You are wrong about that, Sean. The fox has described the attitude that was held by most when I was growing up in the Forties and Fifties.

You mean back when beating women was sufficiently acceptable that sitcoms of the day made jokes about it? Or when getting a woman pregnant either resulted in her quietly being removed from society or a shotgun wedding? That's completely ignoring the fact that that we know about abortions going back as far as ancient Egypt.

Shall we start talking about freak shows and why they used to be common place?

You mean back when beating women was sufficiently acceptable that sitcoms of the day made jokes about it? Or when getting a woman pregnant either resulted in her quietly being removed from society or a shotgun wedding? That's completely ignoring the fact that that we know about abortions going back as far as ancient Egypt.

Do you really want to share your upbringing here?

You know, Sean, you should really try forgiving your mother the tattooed lady and your father the rubber man...

...there's nothing to be ashamed of being hatched in a circus wagon - it happens to the best of clowns like you.

You have no idea what I do and do not do. I am the first to admit to be a sinner....I am not perfect ....not even close....and never will be.

Just to be fair....I have no idea what you do and don't do either. :)

There's just one thing I really want to know....
Because of the whole Christ-thing, does that mean I can sin as much as I want all throughout my life, and so long as I repent and say the requisite Hail Mary's and Our Father's and beg for forgiveness I can still go to Heaven?
Coz, ya know, that's kinda cool.....
:D

First, I don't know what any of that has to do with accepting responsibility, which is the subject of this thread. Second, beating up women was NOT considered acceptable. I don't recall ever hearing or seeing jokes about it in a sitcom of the era, unless you are referring to Ralph Kramden saying "To the moon, Alice!" Not even Alice ever took that seriously. Of course, I didn't see every sitcom ever made.

As for an unmarried girl or woman being pregnant, that could have had a variety of results. Probably more often than not, at least that I knew of, the man and woman got married, and probably would have done so even if she hadn't been pregnant. Shotguns were not involved, nor were they necessary. Other girls or women were removed from society and had the baby and gave him or her up for adoption. I don't know of any case where this happened, but it would have been kept secret, so I and most people would not have known. I also would not have considered it to be any of my business. Some underwent abortions, which I would not have known about either, because they were illegal at the time, at least in the US. Once in a great while I would see a pregnant girl whom I knew to be unmarried, but I never knew what happened to any of those babies. They were probably given up for adoption.

One thing that did not happen was the pregnant girl/woman and her baby going on welfare. That was pretty much unheard of at that time, because people took responsibility for their actions, and this included getting knocked up. When she and the man "did the honorable thing" and got married, this was another example of taking responsibility for one's actions and is, I believe, what this thread is mostly about.

Traveling carnivals frequently had freak shows. I don't know if they still do or not. I also don't see any connection between that fact and the idea of taking responsibility for one's actions, except that the people in the shows supported themselves by being shown off, instead of being institutionalized or through some kind of welfare or disability payments.

Last edited:
As for an unmarried girl or woman being pregnant, that could have had a variety of results. Probably more often than not, at least that I knew of, the man and woman got married, and probably would have done so even if she hadn't been pregnant. Shotguns were not involved, nor were they necessary. Other girls or women were removed from society and had the baby and gave him or her up for adoption. I don't know of any case where this happened, but it would have been kept secret, so I and most people would not have known. I also would not have considered it to be any of my business. Some underwent abortions, which I would not have known about either, because they were illegal at the time, at least in the US. Once in a great while I would see a pregnant girl whom I knew to be unmarried, but I never knew what happened to any of those babies. They were probably given up for adoption.

Revisionists often overlook the fact that abortion was completely legal in 20 states prior to Roe v. Wade.

There's just one thing I really want to know....
Because of the whole Christ-thing, does that mean I can sin as much as I want all throughout my life, and so long as I repent and say the requisite Hail Mary's and Our Father's and beg for forgiveness I can still go to Heaven?
Coz, ya know, that's kinda cool.....
:D

That would between you and God. But I think it has to do with a repentant heart...and NOT wanting to continue living in sin.

Speaking to others and sharing opinions.

What kind of stuff do you read when you are here that makes you touch yourself?

Obviously this isn't an outreach program for you...your inner dirty grrl is enjoying herself.

Stop being so one-dimensional. It's boring and soon nobody will read what you post at all.

Do you finger yourself at the computer or do you masturbate afterwards?

Back