Front Page Update?

http://www.literotica.com/storyxs/c_stor.shtml

Apparantly whatever people thought was true below is either incorrect or Literotica management have changed their minds. It was very easy for me to find this page from the main page.

As for an alternative http://www.superstories.net/ seems the best alternative out there that I have seen so far. I still very much prefer CHYOO because it is far less clunky and easier to navigate. That being why I try to avoid wiki like pages.
Like mushrooms, we are simply kept in the dark.

I personally feel that if they did a modicum of upgrades, and added Google Ads that the traffic here would garner them the funds to make it worthwhile.

But not a word since 2006.
Their "Feedback" hyperlink simply leads to this forum. So presumably Manu or whoever is listening.
http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=81387&page=contact
That URL may be useful for those who want to send a positive constructive message to Literotica that they update CHYOO.

Meditation/Spells/Prayer that they update and manifest Chyoo 3.0 may be worthwhile too. 8D
Is it possible to do a mass export of threads that I've written using some program or another, or is that not allowed? I have a good number of threads that would take a while to manually cut and paste.
I have been saving everything I write as word files for a while now. I use Word anyway for spell checking and grammar suggestions.

Last edited:
Chyoo does an awful lot of stuff right. When I'm frustrated with the website, it's not so much because of the current state of the website, but more that it could clearly become much more with a little bit of effort, and some more traffic being generated for the website.

I still very much prefer CHYOO because it is far less clunky and easier to navigate. That being why I try to avoid wiki like pages.

The SuperStories site seems rather similar to the setup I have, though I can't speak for the differences in creating pages because SS has a server error that won't let me sign up.

I think that the biggest benefits of a Wiki are the community support and customization elements, which simply aren't possible with a pre-configured website like Chyoo (and seemingly SS).

This feels like the old Unix vs Windows debate to me - one is more powerful but less simplistic, while the other is more limited but simply standardized.

To try to provide for simplicity, I've made a lot of coding templates that can be simply copied and pasted for the Wiki, and associated guides that explain how to use them.

Last edited:
bump! to down the spam

getting the spam off the widely linked first-post slot

Isn't there any way that someone could somehow buy the rights to chyoo and fix it?

The SuperStories site seems rather similar to the setup I have, though I can't speak for the differences in creating pages because SS has a server error that won't let me sign up.
http://www.superstories.net/account/Signup.aspx

For those interested. To get there hover the mouse-pointer over [PROFILE] and then click 'Sign Up'. The 'Register Here' Hyperlink in the upper right hand corner fails to work for some reason.

creating pages there is more integrated than CHYOO but very similar. IMHO

Isn't there any way that someone could somehow buy the rights to chyoo and fix it?
Sure, who's money are we spending? Contact Literotica and ask for rights and access to the CHYOO server database files... or whatever the technobabble is.

Last edited:
Sure, who's money are we spending? Contact Literotica and ask for rights and access to the CHYOO server database files... or whatever the technobabble is.

Probably not going to happen. Laurel and Manu do care about CHYOO, if only barely. They appointed a forum moderator and recently began investigating someone for banishment who only posts in CHYOO. The most we could hope to do is be hired into Literotica as programmers and update CHYOO that way, or something like that. Their excuse always has been "the person who coded CHYOO left long ago" instead of "let the site be" after all.

They could hire a PHP programmer from India for about $1000 to do everything they want to do. I could give them a reference to someone reputable and proven.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to use my Wiki site that I use for writing CHYOO threads, let me know and I'll give you a login.

http://editthis.info/torg_adventure

They could hire a PHP programmer from India for about $1000 to do everything they want to do. I could give them a reference to someone reputable and proven.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to use my Wiki site that I use for writing CHYOO threads, let me know and I'll give you a login.

Every time the site goes down, I think about alternate hosting. Unfortunately no suggested alternative has been as good (easy to use, straightforward, good-enough).

I had snap-shotted my own stories but then lost that computer, so I guess I should do it again.

-Z.

Every time the site goes down, I think about alternate hosting. Unfortunately no suggested alternative has been as good (easy to use, straightforward, good-enough).

I had snap-shotted my own stories but then lost that computer, so I guess I should do it again.

-Z.
It seems other authors/users dislike the 'story map' but to me that is one of the key useful tools. The other being the short synopsis and story codes you see for each story in the main.story.list/fresh.

First, allows you to navigate a large story to posts you enjoy more than others. I understand there are cons to this, but it is a useful tool regardless. Second, helps users find new stories more easily. Or more 'readers' for chosen story.
Well, we could try reviving Chyoo3. That was starting to get some traction when the site administrators for Chyoo actually fixed a few things and appointed a set of author-moderators, and the center of attention moved back here. (As best I recall).

-Z.
I am ignorant on what "reviving Chyoo3" means in terms of actionable objectives, and overall goal.

The only objective I know of is: suggest everyone who uses CHYOO and would like to see it updated and such to send feedback.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=81387&page=contact

I've sent a "comment" before but I think that was a couple years ago... maybe less. Still figured it couldn't hurt. They probably DO have the option to delete annoying feedback they dislike. 8D
Probably not going to happen. Laurel and Manu do care about CHYOO, if only barely. They appointed a forum moderator and recently began investigating someone for banishment who only posts in CHYOO. The most we could hope to do is be hired into Literotica as programmers and update CHYOO that way, or something like that. Their excuse always has been "the person who coded CHYOO left long ago" instead of "let the site be" after all.
Well that is better news to me than the alternative. It is more likely to result in positive changes for CHYOO eventually.

Maybe anyone sending a comment could keep this in mind. That is to help CHYOO users to give more specific and helpful feedback.

Last edited:
It seems other authors/users dislike the 'story map' but to me that is one of the key useful tools. The other being the short synopsis and story codes you see for each story in the main.story.list/fresh.

First, allows you to navigate a large story to posts you enjoy more than others. I understand there are cons to this, but it is a useful tool regardless. Second, helps users find new stories more easily. Or more 'readers' for chosen story.I am ignorant on what "reviving Chyoo3" means in terms of actionable objectives, and overall goal.

Totally agree on the "story map". I constructed some by hand during the Chyoo 1 days. Chyoo 2 was actually a significant improvement. Also a good target page for a story backup.

-Z.

I love the "story map" function.

It allows me to find the new threads AND where the are continuing from when a story is updated.

It gives a clear picture of how a story has been growing, are there abandoned branches etc.

I don't think I've found another story site with thhat function and that is a shame.

They could hire a PHP programmer from India for about $1000 to do everything they want to do. I could give them a reference to someone reputable and provenThere the meantime, if anyone wants to use my Wiki site that I use for writing CHYOO threads, let me know and I'll give you a login.

I may need to request more information on the PHP programmer that can replicate Chyoo. I've been wanting to hire a programmer for quite some time. There are certain scripts I really like, such as the ability to plug in custom name fields into a story.

Has Chyoo's programmer ever made himself/herself known?

Back