Jungle Mystery (Closed)

The Kirea will protect you just like she protects the village. I understand.

Hobbling back to her home she talked well into the night with a few of the others about the concern that Ryan had about his people and how they needed to protect him if that happened and such. They also agreed the celebration that would start at dawn and run till they were tired of celebrating a day or two later would not only celebrate the end of Gom~Nie but also to celebrate bringing him into their village and if he will accept it making them his people now.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He walked and found himself at the edge of the jungle, he sat down and leaned against a tree with his back. Around him the wildlife came to life, but he was sure that the smell of soap would keep them away from him as he was an intruder among their lands. He knew that only the bravest of the scavengers and predators would investigate, but he was sure that he could handle them with ease.
 
Kirea was headed back towards her home and saw him sitting there. She pondered walking over but she was unsure if she should... She was not sure how to interact with him now that battle was no longer part of the situation. She paused in the jungle and opted to climb up one of the trees and watch over him.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He watched as the moon rose and painted the grassland in a silvery light, he leaned back, resting his head in his hands. He got that feeling of being watched again, the same feeling he had before Kirea jumped on him.

"I do hope you don't want to jump on me again, it may be seen as kinky by some but you hit rather hard."
 
Watching over...

Was all she said laying there on a branch watching both the grassland and the jungle.

Animals out here tend to attack soldier without reason anymore... Blame those that came here before you.

She heard the bellowing of a wandering animal and let out a roar to scare it off. The roar however was answered by one as well. She roared again and the massive lion lumbered from the treeline and flopped down a safe distance from Ryan as she moved over to it and hugging the massive beast and tousling its mane and began playing some darting one way then the other as the massive lion got back up and began to play as well pouncing and leaping back and forth. Kirea was smiling and laughing as they played.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He smiled as he watched them play around, she have proven to understand these animals and that they would not harm her. He frowned, didn't he read once that male lions usually traveled with either other males or with females? He sensed the movement and looked over his shoulder, two females stood at the edge of the treeline, watching the male lion and Kirea play. He hoped that they didn't think of him as a quick meal, but so far they didn't seem ready to attack him just yet.
 
After a while of playing with the male she looked over spotting the other two as they cleared the tree line. She quickly moved to the old female and hugging her she nuzzled her cheek against its muzzle as the younger female walked over to the male.

She glanced over to Ryan... How to explain this... He is... little brother... This is Momma... She... Points to the other female and watching her brother with that female... apparently is his mate.

Kirea remained there with the lions and watched as they began to investigate Ryan in time. First was "mother" She walked over sniffing a little at him and looking back to the human she raised her head tilted slightly then back to him eye to eye for a moment. It was clear she was rather old from the look in her eyes and the tired snort as she plopped down beside him. She bellowed looking to Kirea as Kirea mimicked the sound shaking her head no to the old lioness.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He grinned, this was new, having a wild lion sniffing you up and then just plopping down next to you like some domestic cat.

"So what did she say? That I don't smell like a good steak?"
 
She asked if you were my mate... As she views it I am the last of her children to not have a mate.

She laughed.

Though she does seem to like you. Since you are more like me.

She sat down by Ryan and the Lioness and laid her head over on the Lioness side for a moment before sitting back up and just relaxing with them all.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Well at least she didn't pressure you into mating in front of her or ask you why there haven't been any cubs yet,"

he chuckled and looked about him,

"Is there any animal that you can't talk with?"
 
I have learned to speak with many but I think people call them hippos can not speak with them but we can still understand each other in other ways... Giraffes as well they are hard to communicate with but they understand gestures and movements for the most part.

She laughed a little. She knows that it would be different for my having young... She seems accepting of you though as does my little brother.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He looked at her sitting next to him, back at home something like this would have been seen as her being his girlfriend, but here it was just companionship. He smiled and looked at the lions, though not as impressive as the Leopard, they emitted raw power all the same.
 
Whats on your mind Ryan?

She looked over and watched him for a bit enjoying the breeze. The lion bellowed again looking out over the grasslands as the other two bellowed out as well.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"For hunters they are rather noisy,"

He looked at the lions, watching them at this close proximity would be any wild life expert's dream.

"I have many things I think about, concerns most of the time"
 
They have already been hunting and have eaten this is their time with family before sleep and their noises are just their relaxation and in a way saying I am glad I have time with my family, and letting anyone else int he family know they are here.

She smiled.

Though I meant about what you did. Turning from your people to remain here?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"They wanted to put me in a cage, because I did what they said. It was just too much for me, I always follow what they tell me to do. So the only place to be safe from them is here."

He smiled at her,

"And here I can help you protect the people and prevent another Gom~Nie."
 
We are glad you wish to stay... you can move the strange dwelling closer to the village or they would build you a place within the village. Maybe burn the place that is of the soldiers since you have left them. A celebration of freedom like from Gom~Nie

She sat up more looking out over the land and back towards the village a faint smile.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"If it would not be offensive I would rather stay where I am now, I am more at home there,"

he followed her gaze, to see what she saw.
 
For now they might understand but in time they would wonder why you do not become more a part of the village. They are all family even though not by blood for most of them.

She sighed and looked back towards him as they talked.

They are all so closely knit and watch over and take care of each other... They will not understand long your "solitude" so close to the village. Me they accept because of the animals.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Then maybe I must move further away to remain in solitude. Maybe I must also become a spirit,"

he grimaced,

"But not a grass demon, that name just doesn't sound right."
 
Innocent enough words coming from her as she looked to him.

You could live in the caves with me?

She looked to him once more curious what he would say. He wanted away from the village for whatever reason so she offered a solution.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"You have enough space for a soldier in there?"

He smiled at her, he took the offer at face value, there was no indication from her that she would want more than just to be partners with him.
 
She looked to him.

There is much depths to the caves... your dwelling would fit in the cave why do you ask if there is enough room?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Don't want to bump into you every time I turn around, with my luck I will step on your toes,"

he chuckled softly and the sound fetched him a strange look from the older lion.

"Looks like your mother doesn't like my laugh."
 
She lays over against her mother and laughs.

I think she was almost asleep is all. There is lots more room behind my fire room you saw...

She smiled to him... strangely she thought it might be nice to have someone there with her... to have him there with her... but why?
 
Back
Top