My Favorite Quotes

commentpunk0wa.jpg
 
He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
 
Incandesce said:
Wow, I really like that. Who is the author?


Lao Tzu quotes!


“Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.”

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

“At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.”
 
I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.

~Vincent Van Gogh
 

Welcome every morning with a smile.
Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator,
another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday.
Be a self-starter.
Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day.
Today will never happen again.
Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all.
You were not born to fail.
 
:D Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.
 
I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I must not fail to do the something that I can do. ~Helen Keller~
 
Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.
 
Last edited:
"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love. "


William Shakespeare
 
Sweetpepper said:
That's wahy you are not so happy?

I guess I’m not a very happy person, I didn’t realize it showed so much. I suppose I should have.

I’ll try to be more cheerful – or at least appear so – in the future.
 
Slowlane said:
I guess I’m not a very happy person, I didn’t realize it showed so much. I suppose I should have.

I’ll try to be more cheerful – or at least appear so – in the future.
:kiss: You are just perfect the wy you are!
 

This is the true joy of life,
the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one;
being a force of nature instead of a feverish,
selfish little clot of ailments and grievances,
complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community,
and as long as I live,
it is my privilege to do for it what I can.


George Bernard Shaw​
 
Last edited:
Dont' let it end like this. Tell them I said something.

Pancho Villa - last words

'Who controls the past, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'"

1984 - George Orwell
 

We gain our ends only with the laws of nature; we control her only by understanding her laws.

Jacob Bronowski

The only way to do is just to go for it, otherwise it ends up looking phoney.

Famke Janssen

You know, I think if we have many more races, we are just going to burn teams out, because these guys right now are burning the candle at both ends just to keep up with the schedule.


Michael Andretti

The drama of life begins with a wail and ends with a sigh.

Minna Antrim

If it ends tomorrow, I've had a pretty good run.


If there's one thing I'm good at, I'm pretty perceptive. I can see things others might not see.



It's always hard when you fail in the first innings. The pressure then builds up.

It's just the way I am, I like to do things my way.

Steve Waugh
 


Life is so fast these days, and we're exposed to so much information.

Misery is when you make your bed and then your mother tells you it's the day she's changing the sheets.

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

Misery is almost always the result of thinking.

The miserable have no other medicine but hope.

Tears are due to human misery, and human sufferings touch the mind.

I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains.

Given the amount of unjust suffering and unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes even perplexed by, how much misery I have been spared.

There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state to another, nothing more.
He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness.
We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.

What he was seriously proposing is that all this disorder, which is the root cause of such widespread sorrow and misery, and which prevents human beings from properly working together, has its root in the fact that we are ignorant of the general nature of our own processes of thought.

All of which misery I saw, part of which I was.

In seperateness lies the world's great misery, in compassion lies the world's true strength.
 
Sometimes I found that in my happy moments I could not believe that I had ever been miserable.
 
Back
Top