Life in the Midwest

Been PLENTY of rain lately, cant seem to get any projects done because of it

We are all busy tending the crops.

WHAT! thats profileing! Lived in the midwest my whole life, not once have I tended the crops!

Tended a few U of M games and a few pub crawls, but never crops!...:cattail:

WHAT! thats profileing! Lived in the midwest my whole life, not once have I tended the crops!

The midwest is the breadbox of the country. Corn, wheat, beans, hay, soybeans...are just a small part of what the crops are. Now, being a city boy, I've never tended to the crops either. I somehow even got out of baying hay as a kid. But, a large portion of the males who live in the midwest have surely done their share of harvesting food for the rest of the country...and some of the world.

For me, my crops are a totally different kind of deal. And maybe that's what Miles was meaning. We midwesterners can also have a pretty dry sense of humor. Oh and hi, Shank. It's been a while.

Did you say crawls? And you said pub crawls. Did you really mean sub crawls and misspelled?

And what's a U of M game, if you don't mind me asking.

Oh and hi, Shank. It's been a while.

9f7943971e80b4c806051d4ac763f3da.jpg

WOW!!! What the hell was that???

Oh! Hi DVS. Long time indeed. :rose:

Did you say crawls? And you said pub crawls. Did you really mean sub crawls and misspelled?

And what's a U of M game, if you don't mind me asking.

Ok not sure if you are yanking my chain, or just have lead a sheltered life!

First...pub crawl...to go from bar to bar in the course of a evening, best done in a group, with a designated driver,(I confess that was usually me).

Second...U of M games...if you are from the midwest you know the U of M is either University of Michigan or Minnesota! And games, come on! Football!

The midwest is the breadbox of the country. Corn, wheat, beans, hay, soybeans...are just a small part of what the crops are. Now, being a city boy, I've never tended to the crops either. I somehow even got out of baying hay as a kid. But, a large portion of the males who live in the midwest have surely done their share of harvesting food for the rest of the country...and some of the world.

For me, my crops are a totally different kind of deal. And maybe that's what Miles was meaning. We midwesterners can also have a pretty dry sense of humor. Oh and hi, Shank. It's been a while.

Oh I agree about the midwest being the breadbox and all...but we also are so much more, manufacturing, tech, education, medicine just to name a few...I was just playing with Miles!:
Not sure what crops you mean!:kiss::cattail:

Ok not sure if you are yanking my chain, or just have lead a sheltered life!

First...pub crawl...to go from bar to bar in the course of a evening, best done in a group, with a designated driver,(I confess that was usually me).

Second...U of M games...if you are from the midwest you know the U of M is either University of Michigan or Minnesota! And games, come on! Football!

Yes, very much yanking your chain, but I see my dry sense of humor was kind of misunderstood. Sorry. And of course, I know what a pub crawl is, but I was going for more of a twisted BDSM reference. It was a bit of a play on words...pub or sub and subs sometimes crawl. But, never mind, I guess it was a lame reference.

The midwest might be a bit skinny, but it's also very tall. People from all over consider themselves part of the midwest. And again, when you mentioned this U of M game, I didn't know what you meant.

First, I'm in Kansas. There is a U of M near by in the University of Missouri. Or maybe KU for Kansas University. Michigan or Minnesota are both quite a ways from here. And, I had no idea you were talking football. Again, sorry, I assumed it was some kind of kinky sex game.

Again, speaking of crops, I'm fully aware of the industry in the area. But, that didn't go along with the crops angle I was going for. Again, my weird sense of humor was going for a sexual twist with crops being riding crops.

I guess I'm going to have to deal with being a newbie again and nobody knows anything about me. Everybody is going to take what I say literally and that's usually not me at all.

I really hate text only communication. You don't get the voice inflections, the body language or the facial expressions. So, unless you know the person, you tend to take everything as a serious comment.

If you'll check out my signature, it says I have a very dry sense of humor. Please understand I'll never try to be mean to anyone here. If by chance I do get pissed about something, I'll make sure that's understood.

I'm just trying to fit in and I guess I need to take that a bit slower. This place is an old home for me, but I have to understand that those I knew have moved on and there are new residents...residents who know nothing about me. I'm the new stranger in town.

Yes, very much yanking your chain, but I see my dry sense of humor was kind of misunderstood. Sorry. And of course, I know what a pub crawl is, but I was going for more of a twisted BDSM reference. It was a bit of a play on words...pub or sub and subs sometimes crawl. But, never mind, I guess it was a lame reference.

The midwest might be a bit skinny, but it's also very tall. People from all over consider themselves part of the midwest. And again, when you mentioned this U of M game, I didn't know what you meant.

First, I'm in Kansas. There is a U of M near by in the University of Missouri. Or maybe KU for Kansas University. Michigan or Minnesota are both quite a ways from here. And, I had no idea you were talking football. Again, sorry, I assumed it was some kind of kinky sex game.

Again, speaking of crops, I'm fully aware of the industry in the area. But, that didn't go along with the crops angle I was going for. Again, my weird sense of humor was going for a sexual twist with crops being riding crops.

I guess I'm going to have to deal with being a newbie again and nobody knows anything about me. Everybody is going to take what I say literally and that's usually not me at all.

I really hate text only communication. You don't get the voice inflections, the body language or the facial expressions. So, unless you know the person, you tend to take everything as a serious comment.

If you'll check out my signature, it says I have a very dry sense of humor. Please understand I'll never try to be mean to anyone here. If by chance I do get pissed about something, I'll make sure that's understood.

I'm just trying to fit in and I guess I need to take that a bit slower. This place is an old home for me, but I have to understand that those I knew have moved on and there are new residents...residents who know nothing about me. I'm the new stranger in town.
Oh DVS its all good! I Too have a dry sense humor! And sorry you're references went over my head.
I dident take offense at anything you wrote! In my defense it was late when I replied to your posts,
And my brain was working at half speed,(which is normal at most).
And as for fitting in, don't conform for anyone!....:cattail:

I lived in Iowa about 40 years ago during my middle school years. I detasselled corn one summer. It was my first job other than babysitting. It was my first check. I remember getting pain $199.00 for about 10 days of work. (it could have been slightly less work days but I do remember clearly the exact check amount)

Do 14 year olds still detassel in Iowa now?

Here in the Midwest, don’t we seem to be a little more humble than some of the people who live elsewhere? Perhaps we are not so puffed up due to our lack of success in snipe hunting. Failure can be humbling.

Here in the Midwest, don’t we seem to be a little more humble than some of the people who live elsewhere? Perhaps we are not so puffed up due to our lack of success in snipe hunting. Failure can be humbling.

I'm courteous, but not humble. We're often treated like "those people" in fly over country. And I don't know about you, but I always caught my share of snipe. Sorry to say, I think they have all but died out in my area of the mid west.

This year was benign, as tornado seasons go. Funny how that works...they run in cycles. The summer, too, has been a gentle one here in Indian Territory; I don't believe we've broken 100 yet.

Back