Why can the Government fuck over Native Americans?

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/midwest/2017/03/28/445843.htm
A crude oil spill in western North Dakota in December is now believed to be about three times bigger than originally estimated, pipeline owner True Companies said, making it the largest crude leak to affect water in the state in over a decade.

The Belle Fourche crude oil pipeline spilled an estimated 12,615 barrels of oil, more than the December estimate of 4,200 barrels, spokeswoman Wendy Owen said in a phone call.

The spill is the second-largest crude spill in the state in more than 15 years, behind a 20,600-barrel leak by a Tesoro Logistics LP pipeline in 2013, according to data from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration.

The spill was not originally detected by monitoring equipment, which True Companies has said was likely due to its intermittent flow.

The spill occurred about 150 miles from where the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and environmentalists were protesting Energy Transfer Partners’ controversial Dakota Access Pipeline. Those groups said a spill could contaminate drinking water.
 
Treaties are legal contracts between sovereign states and are fully legal even a couple of hundred years later. Thought we were getting the better of the uncivilized savages when we signed them. OOPS!

How about returning the Louisiana Purchase to France. Or maybe the Russians can claim getting rooked on Alaska and take it back.

Maybe our forefathers should have put more thought into long term treaty obligations.

And if you fuck over an entire race of people for hundreds of years don't go complaining if they don't assimilate well and have social issues of their own.
 
When in doubt boot the natives out. Look at our history. It repeats itself.

Britain was settled by about 200,000 Anglo-Saxons with a native population of about 800,000 British or Romano-British. Natives were not kicked out or even wholesale slaughtered. And yet virtually no Celtic place names exist in England. Nor does it have any influence on the language aside from one little hiccup. The Norman invaders were assimilated with the English within 2-3 hundred years even as the ruling class.
 
" Why can the Government fuck over Native Americans?"

Ask the Brits that came over on the Mayflower. They started it.

They did it in Australia too.
 
" Why can the Government fuck over Native Americans?"

Ask the Brits that came over on the Mayflower. They started it.

They did it in Australia too.

Don't forget the Puritans were religious extremists fleeing an all too liberal England. They had power in England until they banned Christmas, theaters and made adultery a capital offence.

The history of Australian aboriginal persecution is horrendous. They didn't stand a chance militarily. NA natives at least had enough numbers to put up a running fight.

English persecution of the Irish didn't stop Irish immigrants from persecuting NA natives or Australian aboriginals.

Humans are evil!
 
If I may put forward a slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child-king long enough!

-Vincent Price on 'Welcome to My Nightmare'
 
U.S. Government Bans Native American Tribe From Protesting On Their Own Land – Send In Police To Remove Protesters

If the Indian Nations are sovereign in their own land why can the government just ignore them? Treaties are laws aren't they? Yet the Fed's fuck over Indians every time.

takinback008.jpg


I believe the American Indians were protesting because they had plans to build another
gambling casino in the same area.
 
Simple answer: because the majority of Americans don't give enough of a shit about it them.
 
Government forces that worked with private mercenaries to pound the populace into submission are now asking the federal government to pay them for it.

North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum, who was not yet Governor as the ND police force racked up tens of millions in overtime and militarized police weaponry costs, is asking President Trump for $38 million in reimbursement for, get this, the “intentional human-made disasters” that “underscored the changing nature of protests in America.”

The Governor went on to say: “Passionate causes, millions of dollars of anonymous protest funding (over $13.5 million in GoFundme.com alone) and sophisticated and inflammatory social media campaigns have forever changed the nature, duration, and reach of unlawful protests,” he wrote in a letter to the president.

Translated: these damn Indians and their smelly, jobless, hippie comrades need to learn a lesson before they try and impede us from cashing our oil checks at the big banks sponsoring our heist. If they do it again, we’ll shoot even more bullets, unleash even more gas, and the federal government will be there to supply the check.

https://truthagainstthemachine.com/...h-democracy-final-bullet-fired-standing-rock/

A private security firm launched a military-style surveillance and counterintelligence campaign against activists

http://www.salon.com/2017/06/03/par...apl-activists-as-jihadists-docs-show_partner/


DAPL allowed to begin operating, but there are no immediate resources available to respond to a spill

Just like Alaska's Exxon Valdez massive oil spill, promises are made, but the reality is that there is no equipment or man power, there.


Dakota Access Pipeline project, also known as Bakken Oil Pipeline, would extend 1,168 miles across North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Illinois, crossing through communities, farms, tribal land, sensitive natural areas and wildlife habitat. The pipeline would carry crude oil from the Bakken oil fields in North Dakota to Illinois where it will link with another pipeline that will transport the oil to terminals and refineries along the Gulf of Mexico.


http://earthjustice.org/cases/2016/the-dakota-access-pipeline


June 1, 2017

Dakota Access Pipeline Will Start Operating Without a Proper Oil Spill Response Plan

The pipeline was allowed to start pumping oil

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-through-controversial-dakota-access-pipeline

North Dakota


from InsideClimate News

Oil began flowing through the controversial Dakota Access pipeline starting Thursday, but there is still no oil spill response plan in place for the section of pipe that crosses the Missouri River just upstream from the Standing Rock reservation. The company won’t be required to have emergency response cleanup equipment stored near the river crossing for another year, either.

The lack of rigorous safety measures for the crude oil pipeline is raising concerns from lawyers and pipeline consultants for the Standing Rock Sioux tribe, whose protests and legal fight against the Dakota Access pipeline became a flashpoint for environmental justice and indigenous rights last year.

Despite the prolonged resistance, the pipeline began operating Thursday, after President Donald Trump issued an order expediting its approval.

"What if something happens tomorrow ?"
“There is no plan in place."
"There is no equipment in place."
"There are no protocols in place.”


"We will continue to battle the operation of this pipeline in court and remind everyone that just because the oil is flowing now doesn’t mean that it can’t be stopped. The courts can stop it by demanding that the administration be held accountable for the full Environmental Impact Statement it initiated and then abandoned."

http://nativenewsonline.net/current...apl-today-standing-rock-sioux-tribe-responds/


The Dakota Access pipeline and the Energy Transfer Crude Oil Pipeline from Illinois to the Gulf Coast together make up the $4.8 billion Bakken Pipeline system, which ETP said has commitments for about 520,000 barrels of oil daily.


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/06/the-dakota-access-pipeline-went-online-today.html


While Dakota Access is not required to have its own emergency response equipment in place near the Missouri River until one year after operations begin, the company has listed contractors that it would work with to provide emergency response equipment and personnel in the event of a spill. Such equipment would be further away—in some instances more than 400 miles away in Wisconsin and Minnesota—and would take more time to mobilize than an equipment storage facility built by the company near the river crossing.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/...oil-spill-standing-rock-court-battle-protests


Dakota Access LLC, the company building the pipeline, is required by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration to submit a general emergency plan for the entire half-million-barrel-a-day project before oil shipments begin. But no deadline has been set for it to submit a more detailed plan for the controversial Missouri River crossing as required by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Without a complete emergency response plan and no requirement to have response equipment in place for another year, a spill in the months ahead could cause tremendous environmental damage, pipeline safety experts say.


“If you have a catastrophic rupture, will you be able to handle it?” asked Richard Kuprewicz, president of Accufacts Inc., a consulting firm that provides pipeline expertise for industry and other parties. Kuprewicz works with the tribe’s lawyers reviewing documents.

“It’s hard enough when you have the detailed plan. If you don’t have one, it’s probably not going to work,” he said.

The information about Dakota Access’ emergency plans came to light in April after a legal battle over their release. The pipeline company filed a motion in federal court to keep the documents sealed, claiming they contained security-sensitive information. The tribe contested the motion, and a federal judge subsequently agreed to release most of the information—but with large sections redacted.

The documents offer the first public details of how Dakota Access would respond to a spill into Lake Oahe, a reservoir on the Missouri River and the tribe’s primary source of drinking water. The pipeline crosses Lake Oahe half a mile upstream of the reservation. The plans were released as part of an ongoing lawsuit by the tribe against the company and the Army Corps seeking a more thorough environmental analysis of the pipeline

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...operating_without_a_proper_response_plan.html

“Seriously incomplete, even deficient” is how Kuprewicz described the response for Lake Oahe.

Energy Transfer Partners announced that the Dakota Access Pipeline has begun “commercial service” and is fully operational. This announcement comes despite the fact that our ongoing lawsuit is still pending, and that Energy Transfer Partners does not have an emergency plan to address an oil spill at Lake Oahe even though this pipeline has leaked at least 3 times in the last few months.

http://standwithstandingrock.net/tribe-statement-dakota-access-pipeline-now-fully-operational/


In addition to the lack of plans and equipment, Kuprewicz and other pipeline safety specialists said they are concerned that the company has underestimated the time it would take to respond to a spill and that it therefore has underestimated the volume of a worst-case scenario.

Dakota Access has said its pipeline will be equipped with state-of-the-art leak detection sensors that would easily identify spills. It claims it could spot a leak within nine minutes and could shut down the leaking section of pipe within 12.9 minutes. Federal data has shown that leak detection systems do not provide as much protection as the public is led to believe.

The company has underestimated the time it would take to respond to a spill, and it therefore has underestimated the volume of a worst-case scenario.
“Critical assumptions are being made that haven’t been independently verified,” Kuprewicz said. “Additional information needs to be provided.”


As the company begins shipping oil, other parts of the pipeline have already leaked. An above-ground station and a feeder line leaked more than 100 gallons of oil in North Dakota in March. The pipeline also leaked 84 gallons of oil at a pump station in South Dakota on April 4.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/environment/dakota-access-pipeline-leak/


Lisa Dillinger, a spokeswoman for Energy Transfer Partners, the parent company of Dakota Access LLC, declined to respond to the specific concerns raised by Kuprewicz and others. She said, “We do not agree with the comments. We comply with all the appropriate rules and regulations, and in many cases exceed those, to safely maintain and operate our pipelines.”

Hearings will deal with the company clearing more trees and shrubs than authorized, as well as a re-route of a section of the line without telling the PSC about the re-route.

Commissioner Julie Fedorchak said the potential violations were found by a third-party contractor, hired to inspect the pipeline's construction.

http://news.prairiepublic.org

“As with all of our pipeline projects, safety is the company’s top priority—the safety of our employees who build and operate them, the safety of those who live in the communities through which our pipelines pass, and the safety of the environment which surrounds them,” Dillinger said.

While Dakota Access is not required to have its own emergency response equipment in place near the Missouri River until one year after operations begin, the company has listed contractors that it would work with to provide emergency response equipment and personnel in the event of a spill. Such equipment would be farther away—in some instances more than 400 miles away in Wisconsin and Minnesota—and would take more time to mobilize than an equipment storage facility built by the company near the river crossing.


Earthjustice’s Jan Hasselman, an attorney representing the Standing Rock tribe, said the tribe was not consulted on the emergency plans and only saw the documents after the judge unsealed them on April 7.

“That is a big problem because they are the ones most at risk,” he said, “and there has never been a discussion about their involvement.”

So far, Dakota Access has produced two drafts of a detailed emergency response plan for the Lake Oahe crossing. An August 2015 draft, unsealed by the judge in April, said any oil spilled into the river would be diverted to the reservation’s shoreline. A revised draft from March 2016 said the oil would be diverted to the opposite shore. Dakota Access would not say if it intends to produce a final plan.

gargantuan energy company hides information, "because terrorists"

https://www.law360.com/articles/897471/sioux-slam-terror-ruse-behind-bid-to-shield-pipeline-docs

Attorneys for Dakota Access tried to block the release of many of the emergency response documents in early February.

The documents that have been unsealed include the 2015 and 2016 draft emergency response plans for the Lake Oahe crossing, including location details for the emergency response equipment; a redacted copy of the company’s more general draft emergency response plan for much of the 1,200-mile North Dakota–to-Illinois pipeline; and a redacted worst-case spill size estimate for Lake Oahe and other river crossings. That document is so heavily redacted that it offers the public little information about Dakota Access’ preparations for a spill.

“The thing that is frustrating to me is the redactions are the things that make you able to figure out whether the plan is adequate or not,” said Rebecca Craven, program director for the nonprofit Pipeline Safety Trust.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...operating_without_a_proper_response_plan.html

The company is required to submit a final version of its general emergency response plan for the entire pipeline before operations begin. PHMSA officials would not say if it has been filed. The Army Corps did not set a deadline for the company to file the final version of the more detailed response plans for the Missouri River crossing as part of its granting of an easement.



Pipeline companies routinely claim they can detect and isolate a spill within minutes, but the reality is often much different, Kuprewicz said.

Enbridge took 17.5 hours to confirm a leak and shut down its 6B pipeline after oil began gushing from the pipeline into Michigan’s Kalamazoo River. Approximately 1 million gallons of tar sands crude oil spilled during the leak, making it one of the worst inland spills in U.S. history.

http://michiganradio.org/term/kalamazoo-river-oil-spill

“You may have a plan because you are required to have a plan, but you can’t guarantee that it will work,” Kuprewicz said.

In just under 13 minutes, the pipeline would leak hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil.

But what if Dakota Access’ assumptions are correct—that it could identify a major leak and shut down the pipeline within minutes? How much oil would spill if the line ruptured under the Missouri River near the Standing Rock reservation?

That worst-case figure was redacted in the spill model for Lake Oahe that was released by the court.

The 1-million-gallon Kalamazoo spill required 157,000 feet of boom, 43 boats and 79 vacuum trucks to divert and clean up the oil during the peak of cleanup operations.

Dakota Access LLC is planning for just 6,600 feet of boom, six boats and nine vacuum trucks for a worst-case spill in the Missouri River’s Lake Oahe reservoir, according to the company’s draft Lake Oahe spill response plan.

PHMSA allows inadequate safety measures.

People are fighting new pipelines

http://www.honorearth.org/newsroom
 
" Why can the Government fuck over Native Americans?"

Ask the Brits that came over on the Mayflower. They started it.

They did it in Australia too.

The Brits did it everywhere they went.

To a certain extent they're paying for it now with high levels of immigration from their former colonies since the end of WWIi. They don't like it when they start feeling like strangers in their own land. Sucks for them :)
 
The Brits did it everywhere they went.

To a certain extent they're paying for it now with high levels of immigration from their former colonies since the end of WWIi. They don't like it when they start feeling like strangers in their own land. Sucks for them :)

Everyone did where ever they went. Spanish did quite a number on native populations in Mexico and South and Central America. Dutch had a nasty rep in SE Asia. And how the Belgians ran the Congo was downright criminal. Once the Yanks won their rebellion they immediately began to surpass their British ancestors in abusing native populations. Greatest American accomplishment of the War of 1812 was killing Tecumseh.
 
June 25, 2017

Senate Committee on Indian Affairs (SCIA) member Jon Tester, D-MT, emailed ICMN this comment, “This bill was written in secret without any input from folks in Indian country. It will rip away Medicaid for thousands of Native Americans, make it harder to get coverage if you have a pre-existing condition like high-blood pressure or diabetes, and further strain local IHS and tribal health facilities.”


Sen. Martin Heinrich, D-NM, said in an email to ICMN, “The health care bill that Senate Republicans released would be devastating to tribal communities who have long faced challenges with access to affordable health care, insurance, and services. It would strip billions from Medicaid and effectively end Medicaid Expansion, which has been the primary driver for increasing health coverage for Indian country over the last few years. Americans living in rural and tribal communities would lose access to health coverage that has helped their families—and in some cases even saved their lives.”

Sen. Al Franken, D-MN., a member of the SCIA, wrote in an email to ICMN, “Just like the health care bill in the House of Representatives, the Senate Republican’s plan would still destroy Medicaid as we know it. In Minnesota, we’ve seen expansion of the program make it possible for Indian Health Services (IHS) to provide more local and comprehensive treatment for members of our tribal communities. IHS funding is still not where it needs to be, and I find it alarming that the Republican health care bill would actually make deeper cuts to Medicaid over a longer period of time to give billions of dollars in tax breaks to the very few richest Americans. This is unacceptable.”

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/politics/senate-proposes-devastating-health-care-bill/
 
Everyone did where ever they went. Spanish did quite a number on native populations in Mexico and South and Central America. Dutch had a nasty rep in SE Asia. And how the Belgians ran the Congo was downright criminal. Once the Yanks won their rebellion they immediately began to surpass their British ancestors in abusing native populations. Greatest American accomplishment of the War of 1812 was killing Tecumseh.

Bantu in Southern Africa did their best to wipe out the Khoi San. In Australia, aboriginals were I think legally permitted to be shot on sight off the reservations Withe the last massacre in 1928. In Argentina and chile they did their best to wipe out Indians.

The Soviet Union pretty much eradicated the Crimean Tatar population as well as other minorities such as Ingrians. In 1914 20% of st Petersburg population were ingrians (a Finnish tribe). Now, zip, nada. Gone. Shipped of to Siberia. China and Tibet. Happening now. India? Same thing happening to small remnant tribal groups. Zimbabwe? Not many whites left their now. Mozambique and Angola used to have large Portuguese minority's. Gone. It happens everywhere.
 
September 4, 2017

In September, Dakota Access deployed several private security firms, hired an unlicensed military counterintelligence operation, and colluded closely with both state and federal agencies to end the peaceful demonstrations of water protectors. The addition of these hired guns resulted in a dramatic uptick of arrests, use of force, and numerous human rights violations against those who chose to exercise their constitutional rights. In total, nearly 600 people were arrested, facing a total of 825 charges.


Recently, the company behind Dakota Access, Energy Transfer Partners, filed a lawsuit against Greenpeace, Earth Justice, and several environmental organizations, alleging a “criminal enterprise” of misleading indigenous peoples, lying to the public about the harms of the Dakota Access Pipeline, and even attempting to redefine “unceded treaty territory.”

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/environment/water-protector-legal-update-nodapl-line-3/


Trump also found time during his remarks to tout his support of the Dakota Access pipeline. He pushed through final approval of the $3.8 billion project to move North Dakota oil to Illinois shortly after taking office. The project had been stalled due to a lawsuit and protests by American Indian tribes and environmental groups.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article171470862.html


The backdrop for President Donald Trump's visit to North Dakota on Wednesday is a refinery that processes up to 74,000 barrels a day of the state's crude oil into gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and more.

The Andeavor facility in Mandan is the largest of two refineries that the company — until recently known as Tesoro — operates in the state. The Mandan and Dickinson facilities together refine about 10 percent of the oil produced in North Dakota.


http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...cle_587b8d76-6f94-5ab7-a1cd-d56f29b95c97.html


Here is a text of Trump’s comments in North Dakota on Wednesday, September 6, 2017:

"And right here in North Dakota, the Dakota Access Pipeline is finally open for business. (Applause.) Now, what other politician, if elected President, would have done that one? They would have stayed so far away. And I did it immediately, and I didn’t even do it in that case for jobs. It was the right thing to do. And that is flowing now beautifully. So it was the right thing to do." (Applause.)

"We opened it despite so many people that were on the other side calling and asking for this not to happen: Please, we don’t want it to happen. I said, why? They didn’t know. There was no — they just didn’t want it to happen."


"So I did that. I also did Keystone. You know about Keystone. (Applause.) Another other one, big one — big. First couple of days in office, those two — 48,000 jobs. Tremendous thing. I think environmentally better. I really believe that — environmentally better."


ACCOMPANYING TRUMP ON AIR FORCE ONE TO NORTH DAKOTA WAS SENATOR HEIDI HEITKAMP (D-NORTH DAKOTA). HEITKAMP, WHO IS UP FOR RE-ELECTION IN 2018, IS A MEMBER OF THE U.S. SENATE COMMITTEE ON INDIAN AFFAIRS.

https://nativenewsonline.net/currents/trump-north-dakota-dakota-access-pipeline-right-thing/
 
A yee haw that chilled the blood of every Western tribe in the nation.

Trump had just given the Extremist Right Wing permission to say Fuck You to everyone that tried to protect two national monuments.

Sen. Orrin Hatch, San Juan County Commissioner Phil the Arsehole, Rep. Jason Chaffetz have told their un-moored conspiracy Sage Rebellion crazies that they are free to kill, maim, destroy, poison, and ruin.



Emperor Carrot Head signed two proclamations, to destroy the legacy of President Obama and Bill Clinton.

Salt Lake City, Utah


Two million acres removed from protection. Half of Grand Staircase


With regard to his attack on Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Trump divided it into three smaller sections totaling roughly 1 million acres, (a 48% reduction [900,000 acres less]) than the original monument.


Bears Ears National Monument

Trump replaced it with two, much smaller, non-contiguous units totaling less than 230,000 acres (an 83% reduction [1.15 million acres less] when compared to Bears Ears).

https://suwa.org/suwa-statement-pre...grand-staircase-escalante-national-monuments/

There is no oil or gas to be found at the national monuments. What is it, that multinational conglomerate corporations want, there ?

The Grand Staircase-Escalante contains dinosaur fossils found nowhere else in the world. Since its designation, 21 new dinosaur species have been unearthed by scientists in the monument, leading some to call these lands a “Dinosaur Shangri-la,” and a “geologic wonderland.” Grand Staircase holds one of the richest collections of fossils from the Late Cretaceous Period, which gives scientists and the public alike an unparalleled window into the dinosaurs that lived in these lands 10 million years ago. In mid-October, scientists airlifted one of the most complete tyrannosaur skeletons ever found out of Grand Staircase. These fossils are largely found in the Kaiparowits Plateau, where the coal industry has long coveted access for coal mining that would wreak havoc on this dinosaur treasure trove that belongs to the American people.

https://suwa.org/category/bearsears/


Native American leaders are suing to block President Donald Trump's decision to cut southern Utah's Bears Ears National Monument by about 85 percent.


A coalition of five tribes that pushed for the monument argued in a lawsuit filed in Washington late Monday night that the law only gives presidents the ability to create a national monument, not the ability to downsize.

legal challenge is the second aiming to stop Trump from cutting the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in half. The lawsuit was filed late Monday in Washington federal court by the Conservation Lands Foundation, Grand Staircase-Escalante Partners and the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.

They say the reduction jeopardizes lands that include one of the world's hotbeds for dinosaur fossils and contributes to the local economy by bringing visitors from around the world.


http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/The-Latest-Tribes-sue-over-Trump-s-decision-on-12406516.php

Subsistence for Native Americans, traditional foods, and survival


Up to 20,000 natives of various tribes live within 45 minutes of Bears Ears, including 10,000 Navajos that live just across the border in Arizona,” says Gavin Noyes, director of the Utah Diné Bikéyah, the Navajo nonprofit that developed the initial draft of the monument proposal in 2013. “It’s one of the wildest, most intact landscapes in Utah.”

2015, members of the Utah Diné Bikéyah formed the Bears Ears inter-tribal coalition with five other tribes to draw up a plan to safeguard 1.9 million acres from energy extraction. The coalition sent its plan to the San Juan County commission, but nothing happened. The tribes claim discrimination, citing the fact that a majority of the commissioners are white.


Ultimately, the county commissioners rejected the tribal proposal. Instead they sent their own plan, which maintained land for energy extraction, to congressmen Bishop and Chaffetz, who at the time were drafting a master proposal for managing Utah’s controversial public lands.

Both Bishop and Chaffetz are part of the chorus of voices in the West calling for the federal government to cede control of public land to the states. Bishop chairs the House Natural Resources Committee and his biggest campaign donors are from the oil and gas industry, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.



https://thefern.org/2017/01/bears-ears-monument-win-tribal-food-sovereignty-will-trump-undo/
 
The scary part is precedent. If Tromp wins court challenges to dismembering Escalante and Bears Ears, why stop there? Why not break up and sell off (or lease) other national monuments, national seashores, national rec areas?

Golden Gate NRA, Point Reyes NS, and the Muir Woods NM redwood cathedral north of San Francisco would make excellent sites for resorts and theme parks. All sorts of historic monuments around the (D) BosWash corridor have potential for golf courses and Tromp hotels. Southern battlefields commemorating Union victories could be transferred to Klan groups and Bible museums. Hey, what could he get for Liberty Island? Tear down that statue; it's so 19th century. Or move it to Las Vegas. Gamble in Liberty's Crown!

National Monuments (and parks, seashores, et al) are intended to preserve and conserve what's good in the American landscape. Destroying them is not conservation; it's a corporate version of ISIS and Taliban destroying religious monuments. It's fucked.
 
Back
Top