Why Some People (Women) Hate Sex:

Of course, I shouldn't have to point this out, but women have babies with the participation of men. It's not like it's this evil plot by women; that's just the end of the biological stick we got handed.

Women in this country, if they are lucky, get 12 weeks of maternity leave. Assuming you work from 20 to 65, that's a maximum six months out maternity leave out of a a forty-five year working career, based on the average American reproduction of two children per woman. So what's this big chunk of time you are talking about? You really think six months in 45 years is a big huge advantage. I guess if we women want equality, we should say "Fuck you we're not perpetuating the species, because we're such a drag on society when we do. If you guys want someone to take care of you when you are old and grey, you better start cloning yourselves."

Some companies have longer periods of maternity leave and some may have shorter. Even so, before and after having a baby, women will sometimes be on disability either before or after the official maternity leave starts, and some will take unpaid leave for a year or more, and expect to be reinstated at their places of employment as if they had never been gone, In addition, they will frequently have medical appointments for themselves or the baby, and have to take time off for them. That's not a complaint; that's just a fact of life. Sometimes men take care of things like this but it's usually women.

Of course, I believe most men and women have jobs, not careers. At the end of the day, they leave the office or cannery or garage or farm or factory or wherever they work and go home, and don't even think about work until the next day.
 
Last edited:
It still, in terms of my comments, doesn't cover the "equal" access to employment and advancement by both women and men who haven't decided to have both work and babies. It's still a "wanting to have it all" regardless of others issue. It's still a wanting to be more equal than others situation.

Three months is a big chunk of time in a big business or government project office, and requires time both to prepare office projects before it and time to work back into the office after it--and it can be downright devasting for a small business. I don't think you are looking from all perspectives on this issue. In reality, women have taken years off and expected to be reinserted in the office as if they never left in terms of advancement. They have sued for it and tried to guilt their offices on it.

I'm guessing you are yet another one who hasn't actually been in management and having to deal with this issue objectively, trying to be fair with all. That's the basis of my point on some of the discussion on this thread--it's not objective, it does not give objective consideration to all aspects of the issue. It is not a simplistic issue.

You would guess wrong. I managed the largest team in a company that had $15 million a year in revenue with both hiring and firing responsibility and P&L responsibility. My department created products. Some had to be updated weekly, others biweekly, others, monthly, some semiannually, and some less frequently.

And I had workers who had to out for substance abuse rehab, or pregnancy, or needed time off to deal with legal issues or a divorce or a death in the family or whatever, both men and women. One of my project managers got very sick and was in the hospital for a month. Guess what? We still delivered her product on time. We were all cross-trained and job responsibilities were documented so if someone needed to step out, the team kept moving and the product got made.

You seem to have worked someplace where it was "the parents" against everyone else. I worked in a place that fostered an atmosphere of loyalty and excitement, because people were always learning new things (cross-training) and you didn't have to worry you were going to get shit-canned if something went wrong in your life. Because your team had your back, and you would have theirs' when the time came.

Please show me documentation from a reputable news source of a woman taking off "years" and expecting to get her job back as if she hadn't left. (If that's happening in gov't, I wouldn't know; I only ever worked private sector.) People I know understand that if you don't come back after your maternity leave is over, you don't have a job.

I did know of one case, same company, but different department, where someone wanted FMLA to care for a dying father and was denied because it would have been too detrimental to the company and it was not a position that could be held open. We were fully within our rights under FMLA. She left and worked for us on a contract basis. We hired someone new to fill her position.

Again, we only continue as a society if we replace ourselves. And if you are raising the bar to say that if you have be able to have one parent with a salary that will support the whole family while either mother or dad leaves the workforce until the child goes to school, I hope your 401(k) is really, really, really fat and you never need any end-of-life care. Because there will be no one to pay into social security and there will be no one to work in the nursing homes.
 
You can certainly believe any or all of that if you wish. I'll flip back to writing erotica because you've reminded me the Web site is about fiction. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Then I don't think you learned to be objective in your management position. That's OK with me. I don't need to waste time yammering with you on an erotica board. I'll just register that I don't agree with you (which doesn't need to matter to you either). I've got literary porn to write. ;)

Fuck objectivity. The president of the company didn't ask his managers to be "objective," whatever that even means. He asked us to turn a profit.

We turned a profit every quarter and the staff who left got fired for not meeting our standards. The good people people stayed because it was a great place to work and be recognized and promoted and grow.

Still waiting for the news report about the woman who wanted her job back with advancement benefits years after she had left on maternity leave...
 
Fuck objectivity.

Yes, I got that from you. I'm just so tired of this self-centered line that you're pushing. And it's a waste of time to try discussing it with the "fuck objectivity" attitude.

I've got actual erotica to work on. "Discussions" like this are a total waste of time given the "fuck objectivity" attitude. I've never been impressed with "gimme it all and fuck everyone else" grasping covered by "oh woe, I'm the underdog" bullshit.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I got that from you. I'm just so tired of this self-centered line that you're pushing. And it's a waste of time to try discussing it with the "fuck objectivity" attitude.

I've got actual erotica to work on. "Discussions" like this are a total waste of time given the "fuck objectivity" attitude. I've never been impressed with "gimme it all and fuck everyone else" grasping covered by "oh woe, I'm the underdog" bullshit.
Good decision on your part. :)
 
Yes, I got that from you. I'm just so tired of this self-centered line that you're pushing. And it's a waste of time to try discussing it with the "fuck objectivity" attitude.

I've got actual erotica to work on. "Discussions" like this are a total waste of time given the "fuck objectivity" attitude. I've never been impressed with "gimme it all and fuck everyone else" grasping covered by "oh woe, I'm the underdog" bullshit.

Go write something! Good idea. :rolleyes:

This thread started about, ignorance of the essential knowledge about being human. With the latest news from India and the events around the world, I'd say America has no corner on the Ignorance market though.

How much would our society progress if we allowed the sort of open discussion, (without the digressions), that we can have on the AH on a wider scale?

Perhaps Glen Beck explaining the reason cunnilingus and a hand job is Christan dating?

Or Rachel Maddow explaining how to...

Probably a little too broad?
 
Back
Top