From the Witchfinder's Files, Tale I: Snake in Chains

Knightmare27

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Posts
1,826
For once, the Witchfinder was glad that his work uniform included a large hood which hid his face: Normally an annoying part of his ceremonial attire, this time, it did its best to cover up the fact that he was astonished. He had seen many witches, but none quite like this.

The young...well, it was obviously a woman...standing in front of him had a very slender, attractive body clad in elegant clothing which spoke of high class and taste. On her shoulders, though, was a head beyond all imagination. A head that had made him mutter "By God, what have the guards dragged from hell there..." as she was being brought in.

Her head did not have hair. It had snakes. Long, black-green snakes which, thankfully, seemed quite inanimate at the moment. Suddenly, the complicated protective blessing he had ordered for the entire dungeon seemed to pay off. Nevertheless, the wary guards, two of which were keeping a respectful (or frightened) distance from her while holding on to a thick rope wrapped around her wrists, had blindfolded her. The one guard who had unwisely looked her in the eyes before that would have to be added to her register of crimes.

And what a register of crimes it was! If looks could convict, one single look at this creature from hell would have been enough to consign her to the pyre and a fiery end. However, the law was the law, and even an obvious demon had to confess before the death penalty could be pronounced.

The Witchfinder tried his best to sound dry and bureaucratic as he opened the proceedings: "The court is now in session. Accused, state your name and your profession."
 
Last edited:
(OOC Notice: Please disregard above post. Forgot to declare this thread CLOSED for Belinda35 and me!. Thanks to Jaynedixon for promptly removing the accident!)
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Now they got her after all. She always avoided to travel alone, without protection, and she made a long way around cities which were not safe for her kind. But, alas, this time she was force to travel unprotected in an unknown, bad area and she was captured by this insane fanatics. First, she wouldn't have to worry to much, as her magic shields would protect her quite well, and she had other spells to protect and heal herself. But there was this stupid, but capable knight or priest or whatever who somehow managed to block her from her magic power. The only thing that still worked was her petrification spell, but she was overpowered und lost concosciousness for a moment. At least they did not lynch her. But who knew what fate she would await. She came back to her senses, and her snakes began to move in nervous convulsions. She tried to move, but she was tied up. And blindfolded, of course. She wondered if her insane captors knew how flexible she was, but she did not dare to work on her bondage as she heard the ugly voice.
"Accused?! For what?"
She knew she comitted no crime, but looking the way she did was enough for that creeps.
"I am Phyliss Ovida."
 
Last edited:
The Witchfinder had to chuckle involuntarily at the young demon's temerity to tell such a blatant lie. The marks of satan on her head, which had just now started slowly moving again, told a different story.

He sat at his desk, head still deeply shrouded in the darkness of his cowl, and continued: "Phyllis Ovida, you dare lie so openly in front of a servant of the Highest? Your very head bears the signs of hell, and one man has already fallen to your diabolical powers. Yet you do not know what you are accused of, you say. Satan's skill at making his children stubborn is quite strong, I must admit."

Brother Medardus (as the Witchfinder was known to the few people who were not quite so terrified of him) stood up and slowly walked towards his young captive. She really was a very beautiful woman, with olive skin, a slight but surprisingly curvy build and an elegant face. Even the snakes seemed to add exoticism rather than horror to her whole appearance. He could not see her eyes, but then, the last one who had done that was one of the main reason she stood accused here now.

He stood in front of the prisoner and said, in a calm, fatherly voice: "Satan sent you, and he was careless in sending such an obvious spy. That alone should be enough to burn you and so send you back to hell. Yet you also murdered someone by your evil eyes. Another grave crime. If you confess these crimes now, you will only have to endure the brief earthly pain of the fire before you go back to your master - and hopefully never return."
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

"But this was self-defence!" she protested. She heard he had moved, but she did not know how close he was. But she knew better not to use her snakes on him. She knew she was in trouble as he spoke of satan - he was a member of that dreadful sect that spread by murder and torture of innocent people.
"Some women have blonde hair, some are redheads or brunettes, some are bald and some have snakes instead... that doesn't make me evil..."
 
The absurdity of that last statement almost made the Witchfinder laugh out loud. In a bemused tone, he answered: "I do not know who in hell taught you that we are utter fools up her in the realms of mortals, but they were wrong. Your snakes proclaim you guilty, and if you persist in protesting your innocence, then your screams will have to proclaim you guilty, too. Murder and allegiance to the devil are crimes for which all forms of torture are authorized, so you may want to think again if you want to be so obstinate."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was really frighened yet, as this man was a lunatic for sure... she had been attacked or abused many times in her life, but here she felt helpless and did not know what to do. If just somebody would come for her rescue... but who should this be?
"I don't really know what you talk about and what you want from me... I just wanted to travel through as this lunatics attacked me for no reason and dragged me here. What have I done?"
She thought about the man she turned to stone. The petrification only lasted for some time, but sometimes it was lethal nevertheless, while others recovered completely. She ccould only hope that the idiot she had petrified would still be alive if the spell stopped working.
"I killed no one. The petrification only works temporarily."
 
This young, pretty demon really had quite a glib tongue. A snake tongue, no doubt!

The Witchfinder, turned and slowly walked to a small, heavy wooden door with a grate in the side wall. Standing next to it, he proclaimed: "Demon, it is my right and my duty to find the truth. Lying will not be taken lightly here, and persistent stubbornness will see you taken down there. The torture chamber. Pain and fear will rack your pretty body, all for the sake of some false pride. Do not be that stupid."

"What have you done? You really dare ask that? It is against God's will that demons walk the earth, and with his help, I will send you back to where you came from. We do not want the Lord of Lies' servants here, misleading our pious people. That is what you have done."

He had spoken these last few words a lot less warmly than the ones before. Stubborn obstinacy always tended to annoy him, and the pride this young woman showed was especially irritating. If she did not relent soon, he would have to break her will.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"But I am no demon!" protested the gorgon in despair. She hadn't panicked yet, but her swirling snakes and the higher pitch of her voice showed that she wasn't far from it.
"I didn't want anything from your people. I just wanted to travel on, I even tried to walk around your village. What should I want here?"
 
The snakes' agitation startled Medardus, but again to his satisfaction, this was kept well hidden by the cowl. When he had recovered from the shock, he snarled: "What you want here is known only to you and your evil master! And if you do not tell me all about it right at this moment..." - he unlocked the torture chamber door and opened it a crack - "the torture chamber is waiting for you! The truth will spill from your tormented body, and you will regret your resistance!"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"No, please believe me... I didn't want to stay here..." she said in a bit squeaky tone, very desparate. But then, she thought, should she humiliate herself by begging this creep? He would not care, would he?
 
Oh, how she begged! To no avail, though. The Witchfinder opened the torture chamber door wide, revealing a dark, narrow stairway leading down. The guards did not wait for further orders. Still at a respectful distance from the agitated snakes, they proceeded to tug on the ropes to get their young prisoner to follow them down, to the place of torment.

"You had your chance, but you foolishly gambled it on lying. You now pay the price."
 
Still blindfolded and being pulled by her bound hands, it was really difficult to get down the stairs without falling. Less agile women would have probably crashed down the stairs, even if the wouldn't have worn a long, tight dress. Phyliss was to occupied to get down without stumbling to really concentrate on a good answer to get her out of this. If there was any.
 
After they had arrived in the torture chamber with their stumbling prisoner, the guards fastened the rope around her hands to an iron ring in the wall which had held countless other witches. In fact, although the blindfolded demon could not see it (but doubtlessly could tell from the faint moans), another young woman was, at the moment, dangling from the ceiling upside down, naked and helpless. She would be dealt with later: A veritable demon was more important.
 
Phyliss

The gorgon heard the sound of another prisoner, as their captors made her stop. The pulled at the rope, and she wondered in which position she would be fixed, because this was the fate she expected from the words of her enemy.
 
With Phyliss bound to the wall, the Witchfinder took the precaution of slipping on long leather gloves. He normally used them to handle red-hot pincers, but with these snakes, he would better play it safe. Now protected, he stepped closer to the bound woman and said: "You are now in the torture chamber, and you can hear what pain it can cause. Listen to it. Then decide again whether you want to lie."
 
Phyliss

Her arms were raised over her head, and she felt the stones of the wall through her clothes.
"If you let me go, I promise i will leave at once and never come back..." she said weakly, realizing that this was a rather foolsh attempt. She tried to calm down and think.
 
Despite the surroundings, the Witchfinder was feeling jovial. The girl was already begging for her life! This would be an easy job.

So it was with an entirely too cheerful voice for the situation that he responded: "I am sorry, but I will not go so easy on you. You may say that I find it hard to trust a servant of the Prince of Lies. For some reason. You will confess, and your earthly body will burn, sending you right back to hell where you belong."
 
Phyliss

"No,no,no..." Phyliss spoke very fast, hoping that she could reach some reason in his blocked mind.
"Think, if I would be a demon I would not have snakes on my head...this would be stupid, wouldn't it? I would try to look innocent...having blond tresses or such a thing..." she pulled at the rope, but it didn't dodge. "I mean, even if I had snakes, I would conceal or hide them... this would be easy for a witch, wouldn't it....and, would anyone send somebody to spy who would look like me? you see..."
 
"I can only guess at Satan's reasons for being so blatant. You, however, know."; more icily, he continued; "and you will tell me, immediately. Now, or under insufferable pain later. I leave that choice up to you."

He reached out to touch her pretty face with the rough leather gloves, stroking her cheeks: "Aside from that abomination on your head, the devil was very good at making a luscious temptress to send here. Would you really want this body mangled beyond recognition, and you in agony? Just for keeping a secret we will find out sooner or later?"

He nodded to the guards. They knew what to do and approached the prisoner to strip her. There was some hesitation in their steps as they did so, but eventually they worked up the courage.
 
Phyliss

The girl shrieked as she felt the gloved hand touching her face without warning. Then she bit her lip, having no idea what to do next.
 
The guards freed the rope from the ring, stripped the frightened girl with a few efficient grips and handed the rope to Medardus, who had stood there calmly, observing the procedure. The guards left and locked the door, leaving the monk alone with a scared woman on a leash.
 
Phyliss
For a moment she had some silly hopes as the tension of the rope was gone, but just then at least two man grabbed her with strong arms, and brutally stripped off her dress after they took of her cape. They lost no time and her black lace underwear was ripped from her body, and the even pulled her lime green boots off, leaving her stark naked except for the blindfold and the rope. Tehn she heard the bang of the door, and the steps of two men leaving. Although her arms werent pulled up again, she felt some resistance to the rope. She could hear breathing, and realized very well that she was alone with the evil man and the other victim, and she had no doubt that he held the rope. A shiver went through her immaculate body and her snakes.
 
Medardus threw off his cloak, but kept on the gloves. What had the guards uncovered there!

Standing in front of him, hands tied, shivering and frightened, was a demon so tempting he almost lost control of himself: Large, perfectly rounded breasts of olive colour, below that a flat, strong stomach. Even further down, a triangle of hair - fortunately it was hair! - that hinted at even more delights. Her legs were strong and firm, but slender, and looked golden-brown in the light of the oil lamps.

He could almost not stop looking - good thing that she could only tell by his faster breathing how much she was tempting him! - but eventually, he said, in a slightly tense voice: "Come with me. Let me show you the tortures your foolishness has brought upon you."
 
Back
Top