Russia possibly planning a move to the Gold Standard

Russia should stay away from the Dollar for its World currency exchange and fall back on gold that worked for thousands of years, sell it's oil to China and North Korea while maintaining its Navy ships in international water off the U.S. coast.

That could help create a better Commie standard of living.
 
I've been wondering what all this Russian tension in the news was all about.
If they make this move, will our banking overlords start pulling the strings of war?

Hopefully the Fed reserve system will crash and the 1% will fail with the private Fed reserve.
 
The 1% always have safeguards including gold.

When the Fed's bubble pops, it is the 99% that will pay the price.
 
Do you own gold?

The tragedy is that the most important factor in America’s economic future—in raising everyone’s standard of living—is not land, or money, or computers; it’s human talent. And some part of the human talent at America’s most dynamic companies is now being diverted from productive activity to protecting the company from political predation. The parasite economy has sucked another productive enterprise into its destructive maw. And even if the company was just trying to protect itself at first, pretty soon its new lobbyists point out ways that it can use the tax laws and tariffs and regulations and grant programs to victimize its competitors.

The slowdown of the American economy over the past few decades can be blamed in large measure on just this process—the expansion of the parasite economy into the productive economy. The number of corporations with Washington offices has shot up, along with the number of CEOs who visit Washington regularly.

In 1998, after Microsoft went through that process, then-CEO Bill Gates wrote, “It’s been a year since the last time I was in D.C. I think I’m going to be making the trip a lot more frequently from now on.”

And that’s what the parasite economy is costing America. The founders of Apple and Google and other innovative companies waste their brainpower on protecting their companies rather than thinking up new products and new ways to deliver them.

And for those who like big government, I have to say: This is the business you have chosen.

If you want the federal government to tax (and borrow) and transfer $4 trillion a year, if you want it to build housing for the poor and fine-tune economic growth, if you want it to supply Americans with health care and school lunches and retirement security and local bike paths, then you have to accept that such programs come with incentive problems, politicization, corruption, waste, and a wealthy parasite class.
David Boaz
http://reason.com/archives/2015/02/09/washingtons-parasite-economy
 
Yes. But Big Business played the same game with Herr Hitler thus proving he was a right-winger, not a National Democratic Socialist...

;)

Just like all the shop-owners who paid protection money to the mob were "made" men.

:cool:
 
Yes. But Big Business played the same game with Herr Hitler thus proving he was a right-winger, not a National Democratic Socialist...

;)

Just like all the shop-owners who paid protection money to the mob were "made" men.

:cool:
Hitler's party was called the "National Socialist German Workers' Party" Democracy had nothing to do with his dictatorship of Germany.

Conservatives disingenuously accuse Hitler of being a leftist, on the grounds that his party was named "National Socialist."

But socialism requires worker ownership and control of the means of production. In Nazi Germany, private capitalist individuals owned the means of production, and they in turn were frequently controlled by the Nazi party and state. True socialism does not advocate such economic dictatorship -- it can only be democratic. Hitler's other political beliefs place him almost always on the far right. He advocated racism over racial tolerance, eugenics over freedom of reproduction, merit over equality, competition over cooperation, power politics and militarism over pacifism, dictatorship over democracy, capitalism over Marxism, realism over idealism, nationalism over internationalism, exclusiveness over inclusiveness, common sense over theory or science, pragmatism over principle, and even held friendly relations with the Church, even though he was an atheist.

In short, Nazi Germany under Hitler was "Socialist" in name only. Just as you are Libertarian in name only Mr. "Not Republican".
 
Last edited:
I consider people who post in my threads when they know they are in ignore both hateful and stupid.


:cool:
 
Hitler's beliefs did not place him on the (American) far right, which is "classical liberal" ie laissez faire market uber alles.

The essence of German fascism is to overcome class war (Communist revolution was seen as imminent in Germany) by uniting all classes in service of higher aims. No, you don't get a raise or real union representation, but you do get this nice uniform and you get to march around with torches and feel part of something bigger, and the boss wears a military uniform instead of a top hat.

Hitler worked with big capitalists to gain power, but he certainly wasn't their tool, as seen in the endgame of the war.

On the other hand, the fact that he was an authoritarian statist does not make him a socialist--another artifact of the cold war on American political thought.
 
We've been through this before. I consider all forms of Interventionism as pretty much the same critter because they all lurch in jerks and sudden turns to the same absurd logical consequence, the rise of the Oligarchy and the emergence of a strong man.


;) ;)

I have also repeatedly stated, that while it may be arguable as to whether or not he was a "Socialist," he was the product of a German school of economic and social thought that was Socialist...
 
I consider people who post in my threads when they know they are in ignore both hateful and stupid.


:cool:

We know Cap'n you abhor having your ignorance pointed out. It's an open forum bucko, the fact that you insulate yourself from any competing thought doesn't mean that we shouldn't post them in your threads. I've told you many times, I don't post for YOU, I post to show others exactly how far off base you are.


Now if you want actual hateful stupidity just look to your old pal DizzyBooby.
 
Last edited:
We've been through this before. I consider all forms of Interventionism as pretty much the same critter because they all lurch in jerks and sudden turns to the same absurd logical consequence, the rise of the Oligarchy and the emergence of a strong man.


;) ;)

I have also repeatedly stated, that while it may be arguable as to whether or not he was a "Socialist," he was the product of a German school of economic and social thought that was Socialist...

Still making up your own definitions for words to fit your ideology huh Cap'n?

I'm SO surprised. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top