What little kindness did you today?

Took my afternoon coffee To Go instead of settling in, so the friendly, but clearly tired, server could close early.

Played with my little sister!! :heart::kiss::rose::D

And apparently, our mom wants ME to buy my little sister this EXPENSIVE ASS D.S. play..thingy...thing.

It's always nice to see people posting to this thread.

I have an incredibly busy work/school/home life right now, but I took the time to help make sure that a couple of families were fed this Thanksgiving. It was a team effort by some amazing people that I'm proud to have worked with. We put together 150 food baskets (give or take, complete with frozen turkeys and pies). I hand delivered a few myself to folks who couldn't get to the distribution location due to work schedules and transportation issues.

Played with my little sister!! :heart::kiss::rose::D

And apparently, our mom wants ME to buy my little sister this EXPENSIVE ASS D.S. play..thingy...thing.

Playing with your kid sister is worth more than 100 of those DS things. Good for you!

Playing with your kid sister is worth more than 100 of those DS things. Good for you!

Thanks! She's asleep now!
cute.gif
:heart:

Volunteered at a soup kitchen where I prepared and then served meals. Actually, that was yesterday.

I offered my help to a neighbour who I hadn't spoken to for a long time (because she threatened me), she had some problems today, a relative was rushed into hospital, I can't ignore someone in need.

Volunteered at a soup kitchen where I prepared and then served meals. Actually, that was yesterday.

That definately counts. It's great that you were able to commit that much time to help others.

I offered my help to a neighbour who I hadn't spoken to for a long time (because she threatened me), she had some problems today, a relative was rushed into hospital, I can't ignore someone in need.

Awesome. Sometimes being a decent human being requires us to do things that we might not otherwise want to do. Good job!

As for me, I have been helping my wife by running some errands to free up some time for her.

reviewed someone's resume and i'm doing a little job search counseling tonight. unfortunately, i expect what will likely be a 1 hr conversation to be a complete fucking waste of my time as i don't think the recipient will actually execute on the steps necessary, nor do i think the steps discussed a week ago will have been given an moment's consideration.

but it's early, and i'm an optimist. :>

ed

I read this article somewhere about paying it forward.

Today, while at Starbucks, I paid for the coffee of the lady standing behind me. :) When she found out I was paying, she changed her order to make it cheaper, but I wouldn't hear of it.

Her glee made my day.

Oh and this is my first post here. I just wandered in to say hello.

So, hi. :)

reviewed someone's resume and i'm doing a little job search counseling tonight.

It's always frustrating helping someone who won't follow through and help themself. Good of you to help out, though.

Oh and this is my first post here. I just wandered in to say hello.

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Paying it forward is nice but if it forms a chain then only the person at the end actually gets the perk! It's a great icebre

I gave some money to a good charity today does that count

Of course it does. I try to keep singles in my wallet (or a 5) this time year so that I can always put something in the Salvation Army pot anywhere I go.

ppl: it can be, but that's part of the drill when you offer any kind of counseling. no one bats 1.000, right?

ed

It's always frustrating helping someone who won't follow through and help themself. Good of you to help out, though.

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Paying it forward is nice but if it forms a chain then only the person at the end actually gets the perk! It's a great icebre

Of course it does. I try to keep singles in my wallet (or a 5) this time year so that I can always put something in the Salvation Army pot anywhere I go.

Thank you. :rose:

Today's kindness of the day:

Walked into a location and it was packed. Pulled up my sleeves figuratively and helped out. It made me smile to know that there are just some things that you are instinctively good at. It also affirmed that kindness always begets kindness. Always.

I agreed to take a couple of hours out of my day tomorrow to volunteer, as a favor for a friend.

Counted my blessings and sent off some year end charitable contributions. There are so many people doing so much good work.

Back