First time Lit story submission

wistfulwench

Experienced
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Posts
61
I have thought for some time I'd like try writing an erotic story, and have started crafting several.

What's a good way for someone with relatively thin skin to post such a story on Lit? I saw there was a Halloween story contest (but can't find the link again and wasn't sure of requirements such as word count, etc.), and one of the story ideas I am working on would fit into that category. Would that be a good way to start out?

I realize there is probably a FAQ thread for this somewhere, but there are so many FAQ and "read this first" threads that I don't know where to begin. Plus, I'm a bit lazy :eek:

Thanks for any suggestions.
 
Here's the link for the Halloween contest. http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=80487848

As for length - all stories must be over 750 words. There is no maximum.

As for being thin skinned...if you are wanting/expecting feedback you are likely to run into trolls, no matter the category you post in. There is always someone out there that will be mean, just because they can with anonymity.

Of course you could always turn off voting and feedback. But for a contest you must have these on in order to participate.

Here is the submission link telling you how you can submit stuff...https://www.literotica.com/faq/05235347.shtml

Good luck.
 
I have thought for some time I'd like try writing an erotic story, and have started crafting several.

What's a good way for someone with relatively thin skin to post such a story on Lit? I saw there was a Halloween story contest (but can't find the link again and wasn't sure of requirements such as word count, etc.), and one of the story ideas I am working on would fit into that category. Would that be a good way to start out?

I realize there is probably a FAQ thread for this somewhere, but there are so many FAQ and "read this first" threads that I don't know where to begin. Plus, I'm a bit lazy :eek:

Thanks for any suggestions.

I was in the same boat as you a few months back.

I wrote the story and submitted it. It took literotica about a week to approve the submission.

These were some of the mistakes I made when I submitted the work.

1. Wrote it from a guy's point of view - got thrashed by the ladies.
2. Did not bother with an editor - got bad feedbacks due to spelling errors
3. Did not built the character as well as I should have - most readers thought I went to the sex scene a bit too fast.

I changed the story a bit, built the characters well and got a help from an editor and the response was a lot more positive.

Hope my experience does help you with your writing. Whatever you do, don't give up.
 
Oh, I did forget to mention a few things...

1. New writers stories take a little long to pass inspection by Laurel, the chief publisher and bottle washer.

2. If you post during a contest and your story isn't part of the contest, it will take a day or 2 longer to post.

3. While waiting, do not click the pending link or if you do, don't click the submit button, it will send the story to the back of the queue, which will take it that much longer to post.

4. If you need an editor try the editors forum...http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

That should do it...good luck to all.
 
The first half-dozen submissions are the hardest. ;) Oh, the agony of waiting! Oh, the nasty comments! (If any.) Oh, the second-guessing! After that, they get easier. You're in the rhythm. You have a better idea of what to expect. You can pry your eyes away from watching responses and get back to writing the next story. Eventually, you figure out why you're posting your stories here. You're blooded, and goaded, and ready for more. Drive on!
 
Back
Top