The 2016 Literotica Reader's Choice Awards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,678
Hi everyone! Welcome to the 18th Annual Literotica Reader's Choice Awards, where you decide your favorite work submitted during 2016 in your favorite categories.

The contest voting will be open for 60 days, closing around 7am PST on September 3rd, so please do take the time to read (or reread) the stories up for nomination and choose your favorites. Feel free to bookmark this thread and revisit it as you read through and vote on the various categories.

Important note: please do not post in the voting threads. If you wish to discuss the nominee stories, please do so in The 2016 Literotica Awards Discussion Thread. All flaming, trolling, and negativity directed at the nominees or the contest itself will be removed.

Thanks to everyone who submitted and/or read stories in 2016! :)

* * * * *

Special Categories

Most Helpful Editor **for writers**

Most Influential Writer

Most Influential Poet

Sexiest Female Character In A Story

Sexiest Male Character In A Literotica Story

Sexiest Transgender/Other Gendered Character

Most Literary--Genre Transcending

Most Original Sex Scene Choice

* * *

Story Categories

Best Anal Story

Best BDSM Story

Best Celebrities & Fan Fiction

Best Erotic Couplings Story

Best Erotic Horror Story

Best Exhibitionist & Voyeur Story

Best Fetish Story

Best First Time Story

Best Gay Male Story

Best Group Sex Story

Best How To Story

Best Humor & Satire Story

Best Illustrated Story

Best Incest Story

Best Interracial Story

Best Lesbian Story

Best Letters & Transcripts Story

Best Loving Wives Story

Best Mature Story

Best Mind Control Story

Best Non-Erotic Story

Best Nonconsent Story

Best Nonhuman Story

Best Novel / Novella

Best Review / Essay

Best Romance Story

Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy Story

Best Text With Audio Story

Best Toys & Masturbation Story

Best Transsexuals & Crossdressers Story

* * *


Poetry Categories

Best Erotic Poetry

Best Illustrated Poetry

Best Non-Erotic Poetry

Best Poetry With Audio

* * * * *

Thanks for your votes!!

*******************

How Story & Poem Category Nominees Are Decided:

On the 15th of every month, we tally up the votes from stories submitted during the previous month. The story in each category with the best voting score compared to all other stories submitted that month is automatically eligible for that year's Literotica Author Awards voting. These are posted every month in the Awards & Contests forum under the subject "Congratulations to [month]'s Category Nominees", and can be found in the Awards & Contests forum.

At the end of the year, we have 12 nominees in each category. The 5 stories in each category with the best voting scores at the end of the year will go on to the final voting. One will be selected in each category – by voting in this contest – as the top story for that year. If there are less than 5 nominees in a category, the top scoring submissions in that category during the calendar year become eligible.

If a single author had duplicate nominations in a category, we choose only the top scoring story as eligible in order to give more authors a chance to be read & appreciated. If there are less than 5 nominees in a category, multiple submissions from the same author may be eligible. Stories with 50 or more votes are given priority.

Turning off voting on a submission at any point during the year disqualifies the submission from any and all contests or awards, as does removing submissions or membership from the site.

The Special Category Nominees were selected by the nominating process that took place here. In the case of a tie, the authors who contributed the most stories and poetry during the year received the nomination. Author self-nominations are excluded from the tally in the case of a tie.
 
Thank you to all who who participated in the Reader's Choice Awards!

We will tally the votes and announce all winners on Wednesday, September 6th.

Thanks again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top