Natural Law

Missed Opportunities.



“Jo, you may not realize it, but you’re worthy of respect,” Mya told her. “You’re worthy of admiration. To strive to do better with your life is noble, but don’t sell short the life you’ve already lived.”

Josephine smiled, reached across the table, squeezed Mya’s hand, and sighed. “You know, if Bryan had said things like that to me, even just once in a while, I probably wouldn’t be divorcing him!”

She shook her haed with a sad chuckle, then returned her focus to finishing her superb meal.



 

“You know, if Bryan had said things like that to me, even just once in a while, I probably wouldn’t be divorcing him!”

A bolt of electricity shot straight up Mya's arm. Straight to her spine, and she swore she felt a tingle in her nipples. She couldnt account for it. The touch was magical. Mya had been with many many partners, but she had never felt the electricity of an initial touch, like she just did. That shouldn't happen.

When Jo removed her hand, May sat back in her chair. That same hand now wrapping around a few strands of her black hair with auburn highlights, that flowed past her shoulders to the tops of her 34 B breasts. She giggled like a school girl.

"Well if any body ever said something like that to me, I wouldn't still be single."
 
O my KC

A bolt of electricity shot straight up Mya's arm. Straight to her spine, and she swore she felt a tingle in her nipples. She couldnt account for it. The touch was magical. Mya had been with many many partners, but she had never felt the electricity of an initial touch, like she just did. That shouldn't happen.

When Jo removed her hand, May sat back in her chair. That same hand now wrapping around a few strands of her black hair with auburn highlights, that flowed past her shoulders to the tops of her 34 B breasts. She giggled like a school girl.

"Well if any body ever said something like that to me, I wouldn't still be single."

They are gonna love this tryst!!!
 
Missed Signals



“Well if anybody ever said something like that to me,” Mya replied as she sat back and toyed thoughtfully with her hair. “I wouldn’t still be single.”

Josephine smiled, chuckled lightly, and shook her head. She again appraised her lawyer, confirming her first impressions.

“I can’t believe you have any trouble attracting appreciative men,” Josephine told her. “You’re bright, beautiful, successful.... You’re everything any worthwhile man ought to be looking for.”

It occurred to Josephine that while he might have found her attractive, Bryan would never have wanted a woman like Mya. She would have intimidated him and made him feel insecure. She thought she would do well, from now on, to emulate much of Mya’s character.





 

“I can’t believe you have any trouble attracting appreciative men,” Josephine told her. “You’re bright, beautiful, successful.... You’re everything any worthwhile man ought to be looking for.”

"Well you have to understand, Jo, that attracting men.... attracting people... hasn't been the problem. But they are never anything meaningful. I have never had the offer of someone wanting me for forever, or maybe I don't allow it. It's tough to say."

The check came and Mya put down her credit card.

"To be honest I spend so much time at the office, because it's better to be lonely and productive, than lonely at home. When we are done here, I plan to go back to the office for another couple of hours."
 
Empathy



“It’s better to be lonely and productive, than lonely at home,” Mya explained in a ruminative tone. “When we are done here, I plan to go back to the office for another couple of hours.”

Josephine sighed. She felt badly for this wonderful woman, so caught up in her work that she seemed to let life pass her by, just as Josephine’s devotion to her unfulfilling marriage had caused her to do the same. This thought, not any urge for pity, prompted her response.

“‘When we are done here,’ I’ll ‘go back’ to being ‘lonely at home.’”





 


“‘When we are done here,’ I’ll ‘go back’ to being ‘lonely at home.’”


Mya realized she sounded pretty Eeyore-ish. She hoped she didn't sound as miserable as Jo did.

"Would you listen to us! We sound awfully pathetic. I say we start enjoying life. TONIGHT! What's something crazy you always wanted to do, but Bryan wouldn't let you?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy



“What’s something crazy you always wanted to do, but Bryan wouldn’t let you?” Mya probed.

“Oh... nothing we could do tonight,” Josephine laughed, Mya’s change of mood infecting her. “Skydiving, even zip-lining... but Bryan’s afraid of heights. He also hates travel... you know, at least to anywhere exotic. Even New Orleans’ French Quarter was too bohemian for him!”

Josephine thought for a moment, her smile turning a bit wicked. “I’ve lived a pretty sheltered life. It sounds like you’ve had some experiences, though.... I mean... Playboy, after all! Why don’t you come up with something fun we can do!”





 

“I’ve lived a pretty sheltered life. It sounds like you’ve had some experiences, though.... I mean... Playboy, after all! Why don’t you come up with something fun we can do!”

Mya noticed the smirk the Jo gave her. Was she being naughty? *"Stop that Mya, that's not what she is getting at."*

"Well, Jo, I dont think I can get you into Playboy. Besides you would probably just critique my photography skills." Mya laughed.

She looked at her client, but she was starting to think of her as a friend.

"I tell you what. It's Friday. Let's go home and change into something sexy and skimpy, and we can drink and shoot down losers at this club I know. Have you ever been to Shady's? It's an exclusive club, but I have standing reservations in the VIP area. I helped the owner settle a legal matter."

"You do have something sexy to wear, right? Or do I need to take you shopping?"
 
First Date Jitters



Josephine had silently chosen her outfit from the moment Mya advised she find “something sexy to wear” to the club she proposed they go to tonight. After dinner, they had driven back to Mya’s office so Josephine could take her car home. They agreed Mya would pick her up there at nine o’clock.

Josephine bathed, then went to her walk-in closet and brought out her favorite little black dress. Its spaghetti straps and slit to halfway up her left thigh also qualified it as “sexy,” as Mya had suggested. She had bought it to turn Bryan on. Whenever she wore it, however, at the end of the evening Bryan primarily focus not on her, but on how other men had ogled her in it. Only now did it all come together for her. Bryan did not respect her as anything but his “trophy wife.”

Josephine looked down at her left hand and scowled. For the first time since their separation, she slipped off her wedding band. She set it on the vanity near the sink. A dumb place to put a ring, she knew, but, at the moment, she did not care if it fell down the drain.

She limited her jewelry to modest diamond studs in her ears, and a small gold pendant on a delicate choker. She wore the most basic makeup and left her hair to hang naturally. She would let her skin and the dress declare her style.

She had just finished this ensemble when the doorbell rang. She slipped into black pumps and headed downstairs, crossed the long foyer, and stopped at the front door. For some reason, she suddenly felt nervous — butterflies in her stomach — about going out like this with Mya. She worried she would not live up to Mya’s expectations somehow. This showed on her face when she opened the door.

887c92010b03b1d06f9e81590c59b0bb.jpg



 
Mya was excited to go out with Jo. Mya didn't have "girlfriends" that she did things with. She was kind of excited. She raced home and found a dress she had bought for such an occasion, but had never worn. It was a bluish, purplish, gray. She did her make up. She never used high amounts, brcause she naturally glowed. She did up her hair and found her heels.

After checking herself in the mirror, ahe was satisfied that she could to help Jo break a lot of hearts.

Mya arrived at the door and saw the classically beautiful Jo. Mya suddenly felt like she looked like a Hooker. Jo was gorgeous and classy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Metamorphosis



“Wow!” Josephine whispered when she saw Mya outside her door. She cleared her throat. “When you said ‘something sexy and skimpy,’ I guess you really meant ‘skimpy’!”

Josephine then realized how Mya might take that, and quickly continued. “You look amazing, by the way.”

She considered “amazing” an accurate description, although she had not decided if she actually liked Mya’s outfit. During the day, Mya had worn a conservative skirt and blazer combination. Now,
her tight cornflower blue dress left nothing to the imagination. She wondered what special skill it took to sit or bend over in so short a skirt and not reveal anything or, actually everything. Slightly stunned by her lawyer’s transformation, Josephine retreated into a habit of practiced politesse.

“Did you want to get going right away, or would you care to come in for a glass of wine first?”


 
Shame and reluctance

Mya wasn't sure how Jo was reacting to her new look. She definitely saw the shock in her eye. But it seemed that suddenly that woman who had gotten Mya to open up at dinner, to let her guard down... Was judging her somehow. Mya began to feel ashamed for how she looked and embarrassed that she had let someone into her world, again, and was again being judged. This was why she was single. She lived by one creed: "Don't trust anyone".

“Did you want to get going right away, or would you care to come in for a glass of wine first?”


Mya could definitely use a drink. "Yes, I would LOVE some wine." She had just made a spectacle and an ass of herself again. Jo excused herself to get the drinks.

Jo was elegant and classy. She was a product of the status she had achieved. Mya was that party girl who never grew up. Or maybe the party girl that never got to come out properly. The girl that was never allowed to exist when she should have. Never having that rebellion in life.

Except for being in Playboy, Mya had always been the straight laced one. Sure she had experimented with her wild side sexually, but those moments were rare themselves. Mya had been the dutiful daughter of the strict Asian father. The man who pushed his children to work hard and be high achievers, because his parents had ridden his ass to be one as well.

Her father was a Medical researcher for the University of Kansas. He had pushed Mya and her brother to be doctors too. Mya's younger brother had obeyed, but Mya had not. She had no desire to practice medicine. She had the longing to be a lawyer. It had been a source of great disappointment for her father. If not for Mya's mother, she wouldn't be living her dream. Mya's mother had been her father's rebellion against HIS parents. Marrying a white woman of Scandinavian descent was scandalous to her Thai grandparents. It took years for her grandparents to forgive their son. They barely even attended the wedding of their only child, so the story goes. Which is probably why Mya's mother had to drag her father to watch his only daughter get her law degree.

Mya loved her mother dearly. Her mom reinforced the strict upbringing of her father. She expected her kids to achieve their full potential, but she also reminded them to have fun. Mya recalled one time she heard her parents quietly arguing through the kitchen door, after Mya had committed some minor indiscretion. Her mother said, "She's a teenager! She's gonna do stupid stuff. It's how we learn. You did stupid shit too. I agree that she did something wrong. You can punish her for that, but don't try and punish her for trying to have fun. You're so caught up in your damn image of having that perfect Asian family that you grew up in, that you keep forgetting that you once rebelled and had a little fun. Look at me! I'm your rebellion. I'm that little white girl your parents still are ashamed of. That girl on the couch is both of our rebellion. We had fun one night and we forever live with our consequence. And she is the best consequence we could ask for. Raise her to reach her potential, I agree. But let her be human." Mya had learned that night that she had been an "oops". She now realized why their anniversary was celebrated with no mention EVER of the amount of years they had been married. I mean you don't give an Asian kid two variables in a math problem, they'll figure it out. Mya never got angry. It was actually a source of great amusement, and it saved her ass....just barely... A few years later.

When the Playboy thing happened, Mya told her mom and prayed her father wouldnt find out. Mya's mom had been right. She was in the magazine as a representative of the institution her father worked for... He was going to find out, and boy did he. The yelling and the threats of disownment were flying around that house. Mya's mother had said that she had dug her own hole, she was going to have to climb out. She would be there to keep the peace, but Mya would have to fight alone. When her father's hour-long tirade ended, he simply asked what she had to say for herself. It was Mya's turn to state her case and prove to her father she had made the right choices for her life, excluding this one small item.

"Dad you are absolutley right. I have brought unwanted attention to you and our family. For that I apologize. I am sorry that my moment if indiscretion has brought shame to the perfect order that our family has strived to achieve for generations. You have every right to be mad. Of all the stories you have told me about your duty, and mine, to our family name... I realize that you have been the shining example I need to look to." Mya could hear her mother rolling her eyes, but for what reason she wasn't sure. She decided to rest her case. "Father I have rebelled against you many times. And I believe as intellectuals, a deep self examination is the best way to try and root out the problem. Wouldn't you agree?" Her father agreed that Mya was correct and that he was proud of her for realizing that and coming to that solution. He didn't know that he fell into her trap. "Father, being you have led the shining example to family duty that I should follow, I would like you to help me in this endeavor. I need as much information of my younger years, and the signs of rebellion that I exhibited when I was young. To fully understand where I deviated from your example, I need to know where I come from. Dad... Spare me no details. Tell me about me. Where did I come from? How long did you and mom wait, after being married, to decide to have me?"

Mya's mother snorted under her breath. Mya's father had gotten red and embarrassed. "You know Mya, I think that this is unnecessary." He stammered. "You know why I'm upset. You could have made a better choice, but you could have made a worse one I suppose". The argument and the matter were over. The only sound Mya heard was the hysterical laughing of her mother, from their upstairs bedroom."

Mya was here now, in front of the classy and sophisticated woman, looking like a complete whore. She knew she was being judged again. Jo had reentered the room. Mya smoothed her dress over her bottom and sat on the sofa. Her legs tightly drawn together and shifted to her left side. Jo offered her the glass, very full, and sat on the other end of the couch. Jo radiated beauty, elegance, and class. Everything Mya did not, at this moment. Mya took a sip.

"Thank you for the wine, Jo. It's wonderful."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Complex Vintage



“Yes, I would love some wine,” Mya agreed. Josephine showed her into the huge house’s luxurious living room, then went to the kitchen to retrieve a bottle. She had no idea what sort of wine her guest would enjoy. Typically, she would have assumed a successful lawyer had sophisticated tastes. The dress Mya wore, however, suggested otherwise. Of course, she may have simply chosen that one for the peculiarities of the club they planned to attend tonight.

Josephine decided to go for a higher-end Zinfandel. When it came to dry reds, she found that less experienced wine drinkers found Zinfandels most palatable, perhaps because many of them had some familiarity with their tones and flavors from drinking those horrid White Zinfandels. She pulled a
Ravenswood 2013 Old Hill Zinfandel from the rack and uncorked it, so it would have a few moments to breathe before she served.

RWD_2013_oldHill_Zinfandel_lowRes.png


Pulling two wide-bottomed goblets from a shelf, she carried these and the wine to where Mya waited at the end of the plush sofa. Josephine deposited the glassware on the coffee table, poured the wine, and offered the second glass to Mya.

“Thank you for the wine, Jo,” Mya said as Josephine sat at the other end of the couch. “It’s wonderful.”

Josephine could tell by the tone of Mya’s voice that she appreciated the assertive dry wine. She obviously had experience in the finer things. This made her all the more of a puzzle.

“So...” Josephine began after her own sip of the Zinfandel. “Tell me about this club we’re going to.”


 
To the point.


“So...” Josephine began after her own sip of the Zinfandel. “Tell me about this club we’re going to.”


Mya could tell that Jo was still sizing her up. "The club is just a place to go blow off steam. However, it's very exclusive. They don't just let anybody in, and if anybody gets out of hand, they have a great security team. For me it's a great place to just blow off steam. Sure most of the people there are higher society or even pro athletes, but it's a place where we can let loose and not have to worry about every Tom, Dick, or Harry blabbing our business."

"I thought it would do you some good to get some guys hopes up, and then smash them to smithereens. However, if that isn't your style... we don't have to do it. That's okay too. However, then I am dressed completely inappropriately." Mya finally decided to be blunt. "Though I am starting to get the vibe that you think I am looking pretty inappropriate for any outing."

Jo seemed to look away. "It's okay. I just had bought this dress to have some fun, and have yet to wear it. Obviously it makes me look like a high dollar street walker. I am sorry if it makes you uncomfortable."
 
Hot



“I am starting to get the vibe that you think I am looking pretty inappropriate for any outing,” Mya said without resentment, making Josephine blush and look away. “It’s okay. I just had bought this dress to have some fun, and have yet to wear it. Obviously it makes me look like a high dollar street walker. I am sorry if it makes you uncomfortable.”

“Oh... I cannot say it’s ‘inappropriate,’” Josephine conceded. “I’m not familiar with the club, and I’m not exactly ‘higher society’ myself. I grew up decidedly middle class — my mom was a bookkeeper at Johnson Wax, my dad a production manager at Case Tractors — in Racine, Wisconsin. There is not a lot of ‘higher society’ there.”

She smiled in slight self-depreciation. Then she thought of a way out of the faux pas she’d committed by letting her Midwestern values show in her judgement of Mya’s outfit. “It’s just that we’re mismatched. You look ‘
hot.’ I’m not sure what you’d call my look tonight, but it isn’t ‘hot.’”

Each time she said “hot” she made air-quotes with her fingers. She continued. “What are you, a size two? So am I... well, sometimes a size four, it depends on the brand. Anyway, I bet I have something in my closet you might like.”

Then she realized she had done it again, implicitly criticized Mya’s dress, so she quickly concluded. “Or... if you think ‘hot’ is better for this club, maybe we could find a different outfit for me.”


 


“What are you, a size two? So am I... well, sometimes a size four, it depends on the brand. Anyway, I bet I have something in my closet you might like. Or... if you think ‘hot’ is better for this club, maybe we could find a different outfit for me.”


Mya wasn't sure if she had been zinged again. But she decided to play it off.

"Yeah I am a size two. Sometimes three. I got an idea. How about we look at what you got, and we might find some stuff that goes together. However, while you may not be *air quotes* hot.... But you got a look of classic elegance. You look beautiful."

Mya took a long drink out of her glass.

"I'm game if you are."
 
Smorgasbord



The master suite of the Marietta home included his and her walk-in closets. Josephine led Mya to the one scented lavender. It contained several racks of blouses, slacks and skirts, and one long one of just dresses. A set of shelves looking more like a bookcase held nothing but shoes.

“Bryan has never objected to me buying pretty clothes,” Josephine confessed. “There’s a lot in here I’ve never actually worn. Help yourself.”

 

“Bryan has never objected to me buying pretty clothes. There’s a lot in here I’ve never actually worn. Help yourself.”


Mya couldn't believe her eyes. There were absolutely stunning pieces in the closet. Many still had tags attached, as Jo had said. Gorgeous dresses that Mya wouldn't be able to try on without a credit reference. She grabbed about 4 beautiful pieces.

"These are stunning, Jo. I can't believe you've never worn these. I wouldn't even be able to get in the stores to try some of these on. It's like a fairy tale." Mya looked at hefself in the mirror holding the dresses. "Or I'm just the Hooker in Pretty Woman. Not that I wouldn't kill to look like Julia Roberts in that movie. She was elegant and stunning. You got a better shot at looking like her than I do."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Innocence



Mya continued to intrigue Josephine. She knew Mya’s reputation as a successful attorney, and she drove an expensive car. So Mya’s assertion of relative poverty when it came to clothes shopping surprised her.

Then it occurred to Josephine that, having attended law school, Mya might still carry significant student debt. Josephine’s parents had helped her with college and Bryan, a partner in a highly profitable engineering firm, had paid off their combined student loans years ago. She wondered what other secret burdens Mya carried on her slim shoulders.

For the moment, however, Mya appeared as innocently delighted as a little girl at a princess dress-up party. She kept holding one dress or another against herself as she smiled into the huge closet’s full-length mirror. Finding this adorable — such a change from the image of a stern lawyer she had presented at Josephine’s deposition — it made Josephine laugh like a schoolgirl just watching her.

“Pick one,” Josephine suggested. “And try it on.”

 

“Pick one,” Josephine suggested. “And try it on.”



Mya searched and searched. Then she saw the gown she'd love to try on.

"Green is my favorite color! This is gorgeous. Are you sure you don't mind? Where can I go change?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Modesty



“Are you sure you don’t mind?” Mya asked as she examined the green, sequined evening gown. “Where can I go change?”

“There’s another full mirror in my bedroom,” Josephine suggested with a big smile. This felt like playing "dress up" in grade school. “You can change in there while I get us more wine.”

 
Oops. Took too long.


“You can change in there while I get us more wine.”



As Jo left to get the wine, Mya slipped off her heels and her dress. Only in a blue green lacey thong, she sat down on the bed. "A velvet quilt?!?!? Oh my!"

Mya forgot about the dress lying next to her, and flopped back on the inviting spread. She moved around and let the velvet rub her skin. It felt so sensual. Mya did nothing naughty, just let her skin feel the velvet. There was a moment of tingling in her nipples as the cool air kissed at them. They became instantly hard from all the sensations.

Mya was so lost that she didn't hear Jo come back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bacchanalian



Josephine returned with a refilled wine glass in each hand. She stopped outside the door when she saw Mya, nude except for a teal lacy thong, on her back, squirming on the plush bedspread.

attachment.php

She reviewed the amount of wine Mya had already consumed, first at the restaurant, plus a large glass here. It seemed her attorney could not hold her alcohol, another surprise.

With a wry smile, Josephine returned to the top of the stairs, then retraced her steps, loudly clearing her throat this time as she approached the bedroom door.

 

Attachments

  • Post022a.jpg
    Post022a.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top