What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Close Your Eyes" - from the movie Otoko Tachi No Yamato and it's the perfect ending song to the movie about the Imperial Japanese Navy's battleship, Yamato, the largest battleship the world has ever seen . The Yamato was sunk by US aircraft during the battle for Okinawa near the end of WW2 and it's a really touching movie.

Some kind of chinese military march music - with some of the best looking soldiers in the world :D

"The Power of China" - PLA recruiting pop song

Girls und Panzer - Panzerlied - I love watching Girls und Panzer!!!!

Sabaton - Metal Machine

Sabaton - Ghost Division

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to the King Ragnar

Scorpions and Tarja Turunen - The Good Die Young

Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave

Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

Five Finger Death Punch - Remember Everything

So I've been writing to much gung ho stuff and it's carrying over to my music right now
 
Last edited:
So I've been writing to much gung ho stuff and it's carrying over to my music right now

Yeah, go back to Springsteen. You were doing well, for a while, until the martial stuff kicked in :).

Also, since you were paying attention to my musical taste for a moment (Oz rock wise), check out early Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - that's where my Adam character gets a lot of his sweet ennui from.
 
Yeah, go back to Springsteen. You were doing well, for a while, until the martial stuff kicked in :).

Also, since you were paying attention to my musical taste for a moment (Oz rock wise), check out early Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - that's where my Adam character gets a lot of his sweet ennui from.

Oh, like this one? (Rattlenakes?)

I kind of always liked this one after some Aussie guy introduced me to it :D

Altho if we're talking Aussie music this is still one of my favorites

But this one ("Ride into Town") isn't bad either....
 
Last edited:
Lots of stuff today
Some Prince, Steely Dan, Conor Oberst, even the Rolling Stones and I don't really care for them.
 
Desafinado - Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd

This past month I've picked up my saxophone again after a few decades of neglect. Stan Getz is my role model for how the instrument is supposed to sound. I have a ways to go... Bossa nova!
 
The laptop is on my knees. The mandola is in my lap. The last notes of APACHE float away.
 
A dress for Miss Tzang?

Shila Amzah: her debut on the Yunnan TV show "I am a Singer"

http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=kr4uOKUUEvs

go straight to 2.50 to start

A tad nervous as an unknown, and the only non Chinese, on debut competing with established artists. But that entrance in that dress - just spectacular.

A couple of weeks later she really showed 'em what she could do and got 91% of the audience votes with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyWR0t94Jk

Then, when one or two Muslim clerics back home (Malaysia) were critical they dressed her in brown from head to toe. That worked. Not.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJiHWRJW6UI

Incidentally, Asian audiences like a spectacle as well as a song with the emotion/sentimentality spread on with a shovel. Shila Amzah since this appearance has become one of the most popular singers in Asia - helped by the fact that she can speak 5 languages fluently and sing in more than 20. I saw her a couple of years ago in Seoul and she really connects with an audience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top