Self-objectification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Just popping in to once again celebrate everything that is you!

I hope you're having a grand day!

Tonight, I'll be cracking open the first bottle of my 2nd batch of home brewed beer. This time, a Weizenbock! Can't wait!

xoxo

f(s)

amazing. thank you for sharing it :kiss:

My pleasure :)

Yes, we definitely do!!! Hope your week is going well!! ((HUGS))

Same to you darling! xo

Tonight, I'll be cracking open the first bottle of my 2nd batch of home brewed beer. This time, a Weizenbock! Can't wait!

xoxo

f(s)

My day has been wonderful thus far! I hope yours has been as well, and that beer sounds pretty good for a day like today :)

Posted below are just some excerpts from a book I read this morning that have some thoughts/emotions/theories jumbling around inside of me... I felt like throwing them out in midair to see if they could grow wings and fly to you :)

We do not discover ourselves in isolation, but only within the complex web of relationships and forces that make up the social context of the world in which we live. -Neafsey

To take hold of your mind, you must practice mindfulness of the mind. You must know how to observe and recognize the presence of every feeling and thought which arises in you...When a feeling or thought arises...the intention isn’t to chase it away, hate it, worry about it, or be frightened by it. So what exactly should you be doing with such thoughts and feelings? Simply acknowledge their presence. -Thich Nhat Hanh

Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love and it will decide everything. -Father Pedro Arrupe

We do not discover ourselves in isolation, but only within the complex web of relationships and forces that make up the social context of the world in which we live. -Neafsey

I couldn't agree more with that one

-Clarissa Pinkola Estes, from the poem “The Splendor”

This is a momentous poem. Thank you for sharing it.

I know the feeling it speaks of, of wanting to be opened up, released from the confines of fear, insecurity, vanity, shame... All things we paste over our essential selves, thinking they make us safe.

It reminds me, a bit, of Ursula LeGuin's 'Earthsea' series, which has lots to do with the names of things, of knowing the true nature of things through their names.

It reminds me, too, of a poem:

That Beautiful Little Girl

On a beautiful sunny day
all she sees is black.
She hasn't lost her way,
just doesn't know the way back.

What's not been taken
she's given away
'till the emptiness
becomes her.

I know I've played the bitter game.
I've filled myself on her too,
never realizing that I was tasting the dregs.

Now she sees the frightened little girl
waiting for the knocking at her door
to go away.

Now she knows, after so much pain,
that a healing heart will hurt at first.
Now she knows, I hope, that
the person she must comfort is
herself:

That beautiful woman,
that beautiful little girl.

xoxo

f(s)

something else we have in common sir...

I'm thinkin' we put our skills together and brew up a batch of something really good - say, a twenty gallon batch - and invite Ms. Curve for a tasting :D

My day has been wonderful thus far! I hope yours has been as well, and that beer sounds pretty good for a day like today :)

I'm actually really excited about trying it. The first effort resulted in a good product, but I made a few minor mistakes that I tried to remedy this time 'round. My wife and I have our Wednesday date nite dinner, so we'll share a bottle. (They're big bottles, btw)

Posted below are just some excerpts from a book I read this morning that have some thoughts/emotions/theories jumbling around inside of me... I felt like throwing them out in midair to see if they could grow wings and fly to you :)

I've felt this vividly, ever since I was quite young.

To take hold of your mind, you must practice mindfulness of the mind. You must know how to observe and recognize the presence of every feeling and thought which arises in you...When a feeling or thought arises...the intention isn’t to chase it away, hate it, worry about it, or be frightened by it. So what exactly should you be doing with such thoughts and feelings? Simply acknowledge their presence. -Thich Nhat Hanh

YES! I love TNH! He totally rocks! I was a twisted mess as a teenager and only through mindfulness did I ever come to know any peace at all.

Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love and it will decide everything. -Father Pedro Arrupe

All love springs from self-love. That one was a tough lesson for me.

I'm thinkin' we put our skills together and brew up a batch of something really good - say, a twenty gallon batch - and invite Ms. Curve for a tasting :D

How long have you been brewing? Is it a regular, or occasional, thing? So far, I've done a Porter (of sorts), and now this Weizenbock. Next, I'm thinking of doing a Kolsch. Do you have any suggestions, favorite recipes?

My friend and I brew together, making 2 five gallon batches each time. We're trying to stockpile some to get us and our friends through the summer months.

Peace!

f(s)

I couldn't agree more with that one

And I was almost positive you would've commented on the Thich Naht Hanh passage :)

This is a momentous poem. Thank you for sharing it.

I know the feeling it speaks of, of wanting to be opened up, released from the confines of fear, insecurity, vanity, shame... All things we paste over our essential selves, thinking they make us safe.

It reminds me, a bit, of Ursula LeGuin's 'Earthsea' series, which has lots to do with the names of things, of knowing the true nature of things through their names.

It reminds me, too, of a poem:

That Beautiful Little Girl

Thank you for sharing that poem! I'm still sorting out all that I think of The Splendor, but I appreciate your thoughts on it!

Wait..we need 20 gallons for a tasting? I suspect ulterior motives... :rolleyes:

How long have you been brewing? Is it a regular, or occasional, thing? So far, I've done a Porter (of sorts), and now this Weizenbock. Next, I'm thinking of doing a Kolsch. Do you have any suggestions, favorite recipes?

My friend and I brew together, making 2 five gallon batches each time. We're trying to stockpile some to get us and our friends through the summer months.

Peace!

f(s)

I've been brewing off and on for almost twenty years, too many different types to list, everything from pale lagers to very heavy (and hoppy) darks. Haven't brewed any in the last year or so though. My batches are usually five gallons, more for convenience than any other reason. I'll see if I can dig up a recipe or two. I have one for what amounts to a perfect clone of Anchor Steam (fooled a pro critic!) that I love. :D

And I was almost positive you would've commented on the Thich Naht Hanh passage :)

Ha! You know me well! I have a quote of his on my MySpace page, along with quotes from Dr. Vinya S. Ariyaratne, MLK, Krishnamurti, Einstein, Emerson, Robert Anton Wilson, Jacques Derrida, and a few others... Way-showers, all.

Thank you for sharing that poem! I'm still sorting out all that I think of The Splendor, but I appreciate your thoughts on it!

I always enjoy being engaged by what you share.

Wait..we need 20 gallons for a tasting? I suspect ulterior motives... :rolleyes:

Each batch is 5 gallons, so 20 means that we'll have four types of beer to sample. Of course, nobody would expect you to choke down even a gallon of beer. If we were trying to get you hammered, we'd use vodka! ;)

Here's one of my all time favorite quotes:

Elwood P. Dowd - "Years ago, my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

Gooooooooood morning. How's it hanging?

It's a beautifully rainy day and I'm stuck in the library doing research all day while entertaining fantasies of happening upon a guy to take advantage of in one of the private study rooms.. :rolleyes:

With my love of practicing Yoga and the meditative process that comes along with it, you would think so wouldn't you ;)

lol ok, I'm guilty of assuming. My apologies :kiss:

It's a beautifully rainy day and I'm stuck in the library doing research all day while entertaining fantasies of happening upon a guy to take advantage of in one of the private study rooms.. :rolleyes:

lol ok, I'm guilty of assuming. My apologies :kiss:

Thats quite alright. In hindsight, I re-read it again and you were completely right for thinking so. Hope you're having a great weekend:kiss:

Gosh. I know this feeling way to well. I have a 8 page Anthro paper to write, a chapter of Calculus, and three chapters of Chem 1160 to review for an exam coming Monday. And this has nothing to do with finals. Ahhhhh the dreaded finals.

How are you otherwise sexpot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back