Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use Pandora. It gave me a good selection of metal. I bought some CDs because of music that I heard on Pandora.

Slacker is similar and supposedly has more music in their library, so I am trying it out.

LastFM is similar, but they play a lot of stuff that wasn't metal mixed in, and was annoying so I don't use it anymore.

YouTube is useful if I know one or two particular things that I want to hear. But if I just want to play some music on random to take up my entire day, it isn't very convenient. Pandora, Slacker, and LastFM take up that mantel much better.

OK, they sound good!

:heart:

That's a touch cool

Sir Rannulf Fiennes cannot now do his winter trip. He's suffered frostbite.
The temperature is as low as -90C.

Seriously? Is complaining the only thing you can do instead of looking for a bright side to things? I really despise dealing with you when you're in school sometimes.

I really hate limbo. I have been here so many times in the past, and it never gets any easier.

Best Day EVAH!!!! as Piglet puts it.

Done enough work not to feel guilty. :cool:

Picked up that parcel which has been waiting at the depot, which turned out to be super quirky belated birthday present that I actually love! instead of dull modern novel from people who know I 'write a bit' :rolleyes:. Can afford to buy lunch for myself, Piglet out to friends' for tea, fella at eminent seminar chaired by him so he has to go for ten pints and a dodgy kebab afterwards; I only had to cook one meal today.

I shall go home (in a while, chaps, I don't have to do the schoolrun after all :nana:) and have a bath in the middle of the day, then do ironing while watching the film of MY choice. Mmmm, Avengers Assemble ;), Pirates of the C III (ooh, the wedding/fight scene!) or Princess Mononoke. Tough call.

:cathappy:

While watching YouTube I found this video of a dress rehearsal for the entry of the debutantes at a ball.

It reminded me of my participation in such an event in the 1960s. I and my partner were out of scale with the others. She was six feet two in her bare feet and was wearing her hair up. We were placed last in the line up and told to hide ourselves as much as possible.

Most of the men were either wearing brand new suits, or had hired them from Moss Bros. I had borrowed my father's tail suit which had fitted hip flasks in the tails - very useful as it was supposed to be an alcohol-free event. Many men had bottles confiscated as they arrived. Mine survived.

My partner had two hip flasks under her full skirt. We were very popular as the evening wore on and those present needed reviving...

While watching YouTube I found this video of a dress rehearsal for the entry of the debutantes at a ball.

It reminded me of my participation in such an event in the 1960s. I and my partner were out of scale with the others. She was six feet two in her bare feet and was wearing her hair up. We were placed last in the line up and told to hide ourselves as much as possible.

Most of the men were either wearing brand new suits, or had hired them from Moss Bros. I had borrowed my father's tail suit which had fitted hip flasks in the tails - very useful as it was supposed to be an alcohol-free event. Many men had bottles confiscated as they arrived. Mine survived.

My partner had two hip flasks under her full skirt. We were very popular as the evening wore on and those present needed reviving...

I went to a May ball once with a man as sensibly dressed as you, Og! There was lots of alcohol, of course, but his tail pockets were a most elegant means of carrying our cigarettes. (It was in the days when I still smoked, Carlus, when I looked ;). I used to smoke filterless Sullivan Powell Orientals. Sometimes as an affectation I smoked Sobranie Cocktails but that was just to show off ROFL.)

I went to a May ball once with a man as sensibly dressed as you, Og! There was lots of alcohol, of course, but his tail pockets were a most elegant means of carrying our cigarettes. (It was in the days when I still smoked, Carlus, when I looked ;). I used to smoke filterless Sullivan Powell Orientals. Sometimes as an affectation I smoked Sobranie Cocktails but that was just to show off ROFL.)

I used to smoke Passing Clouds indoors and French Gauloises outdoors. My then girlfriend smoked Black Russians in a silver mounted cigarette holder. We thought we were sophisticated. (Cough, cough!)

Oh come now people, please.

Sobranie Black Russian was (is?) the epitome of a balkan tobacco cigarette.
It wasn't the colour for me particularly. I really enjoyed the taste.

I tried Passing Clouds; didn't rate them much; Sweet Afton were OK, though.

Of course that was when I could afford them.
And I sure ain't smokin' now. I'd rather not go through that radiation machine again.

Oh come now people, please.

Sobranie Black Russian was (is?) the epitome of a balkan tobacco cigarette.
It wasn't the colour for me particularly. I really enjoyed the taste.

I tried Passing Clouds; didn't rate them much; Sweet Afton were OK, though.

Of course that was when I could afford them.
And I sure ain't smokin' now. I'd rather not go through that radiation machine again.

LOL I gave up about twenty-five years ago. I had acupuncture to help. It totally cured me. It was hideously painful. I was supposed to go back for a final top-up session so I said to myself if I took up smoking again, I'd have to go back - and I never did.

I miss the lovely boxes of Sullivan Powell's, though. I don't miss the smoking but I miss the sweet woody smell of the cigarettes in the box. I wonder if that shop is still in the Burlington Arcade.

:heart:

I bumped into my almost girlfriend at the gym yesterday. Said hello, mentioned her disappearing act. She was leaving with her mother though, so she couldn't stay and talk. I should have offered to drive her home instead, but I didn't. I don't think there is anything there anymore...

I can't stand it when the sticker commandos put the grocery sticker on my apples and it adheres so tightly I end up bruising the apple trying to get the damn thing off!

I swear, if they do that to me one more time -- just one more time! -- there's going to be hell to pay. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back