The Isolated Blurt Thread XVII : Squish Me Like You Mean It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, like I legit get that. That'll be the thing that makes me quit, eventually. I've tried a lot. I gave up everything else.

They give you wrinkles, too.

To be fair, that's not what's wrong with my teeth, it's a genetic thing, but it's not helping. Like it's objectively making it worse.

Oh it is definitely objectively and absolutely making it worse.

Cigarettes irritate gum tissue - making things like dry socket worse.

I've had friends lose many teeth. And yet they keep smoking. Blows my mind quite honestly. The thought of losing my teeth still upsets me... and well, um, you know what they say about a toothless woman. :eek: That just was not and is not going to be me. That I was cause of that possible fate... No.

Yes I was scared straight because of vanity and pride. And that I did it to myself was more than I could stand. It wasn't always easy but I was so angry at myself - at how far I had let it get out of hand. The lasting gift of my stupidity is a chronic periodontal condition that requires intensive maintenance for me to keep my teeth - for as long as I am able. There may come a time, that regardless of all my money and effort, I will have to look into options for my front teeth. I may be fortunate and my pound of cure turns into an ounce of prevention for the future. We shall see.

I spent $412 at the dentist today. Periodontal insurance is laughable and I am not covered by dental insurance for what I need. If I am lucky and everything is in order, the bill is about $200. Every three months.

Take a good look at that $4 pack of cigs.

(Oh and my skin looks freaking awesome for a 48 year old woman. Seriously. I really do have nice skin. :D )
 
Omg in this very thread I was talking about how bad I wanted one of those things.

You were in the hospital as a kid too, weren't you? You get it. You get the jello/chicken broth shutting your brain down. Because there's a whole group of people who get why that's a thing.

I saw the immersion blender comment earlier. I love mine. I think you should ask for one for Christmas. Not like they're expensive.

Nah, I wasn't in the hospital, but jello was one of the easy go to's and I just got sick of it. I did a lot of smoothies and milk too. Mixed. Made both better that way. And plus milk is good for teeth and bones. :rolleyes:
 
I actually went through and read some of Bot's responses to me, because I guess I hate myself, and I just want to point out that if you take his advice over mine you're listening to someone who couldn't figure out, after I talked about being worried about getting a dry socket and the importance of following actually medically prescribed diets over bullshit you read on the internet- WHY I was on a liquid diet.



The dude tried to make fun of me for following doctor's orders.

So... consider your sources.


No I didn't.

I told you that you were wrong for giving out "health advice" against a carb/veggie/lean protein balanced diet and disciplined eating habits backed by science......based on the false equivalency of your personal anecdotes of being a junky living on minimal amounts of shit food.

I made fun of you for being a smoker risking dry socket on a presumably shitty liquid diet dispensing nutrition/health advice like some kind of expert.

None of which your ad hominem attacks are an argument against nor support any of the insane and demonstrably wrong (keto = death?LOL) things you were posting.

Stay mad...we all know why you stay in your iggy bunker.:cool:
 
Last edited:
Worried about one of oldest BFFs. Going through a hard time. Called her back multiple times, no answer. Now it is busy. I guess the busy (or taking the phone off the hook) is good.
 
No I didn't.

I told you that you were wrong for giving out "health advice" against a carb/veggie/lean protein balanced diet and disciplined eating habits backed by science......based on the false equivalency of your personal anecdotes of being a junky living on minimal amounts of shit food.

I made fun of you for being a smoker risking dry socket on a presumably shitty liquid diet dispensing nutrition/health advice like some kind of expert.

None of which your ad hominem attacks are an argument against nor support any of the insane and demonstrably wrong (keto = death?LOL) things you were posting.

Stay mad...stay in your iggy bunker.:cool:

Can you ever post something fucking positive?
 
I actually went through and read some of Bot's responses to me, because I guess I hate myself, and I just want to point out that if you take his advice over mine you're listening to someone who couldn't figure out, after I talked about being worried about getting a dry socket and the importance of following actually medically prescribed diets over bullshit you read on the internet- WHY I was on a liquid diet.

The dude tried to make fun of me for following doctor's orders.

So... consider your sources.

My health care provider put me on a low carb lifestyle. So I should take your suggestions over a Dr?
 
No I didn't.

I told you that you were wrong for giving out "health advice" against a carb/veggie/lean protein balanced diet and disciplined eating habits backed by science......based on the false equivalency of your personal anecdotes of being a junky living on minimal amounts of shit food.

I made fun of you for being a smoker risking dry socket on a presumably shitty liquid diet dispensing nutrition/health advice like some kind of expert.

None of which your ad hominem attacks are an argument against nor support any of the insane and demonstrably wrong (keto = death?LOL) things you were posting.

Stay mad...stay in your iggy bunker.:cool:

With me too.
On the one hand they say that I'm too stupid and uneducated for them to care, but on the other hand, they keep bringing me up / how I picked on them.

I feel that I had inadvertently insulted them. But I also think that they misunderstood my stance:
Yes, I Am aware of my flaw - I can be abrasive or lose my cool in debates when I feel that some ideas are pushed too far.
But I have no issue with others or Candicame on a personal level, nor do I intend to pry into their personal life.
I only pick in that way on those who stalk me or collude with the former. Which CC hasn't done so far.
 
In my version of events, you had something hard in your mouth. Stop correcting me; you’re killing the mood.
 
So I found out last night that The Ape ran out of meds, won't be able to get any until next week now. So that's great.

It's the office party tonight. I wasn't planning on drinking, but I'm starting to change my mind. Fuck this shit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top