The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*another quick hug for steve*

Amphetamine-based? I'm thinking it would probably be better to just duck out early. In your state, the amphetamines might not be all that helpful.

Heh. Frightened of contagion, eh? ;)

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll settle for a good arabica roast instead...

Hey, guys, is there a good cup of tea around? I had a little bump in the car earlier :(, and I think I still need a nice sweet hot thing. Oh, John, there you are! ;)

Heh. Frightened of contagion, eh? ;)

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll settle for a good arabica roast instead...
No, I'm more concerned for your well-being. Let the sods in the office worry about themselves.

Bump steve out of the wall.
Look at you, hitting 1000 posts and being all helpful!

Hey, guys, is there a good cup of tea around? I had a little bump in the car earlier :(, and I think I still need a nice sweet hot thing. Oh, John, there you are! ;)
Yes, he is a sweet thing, isn't he? ;) Are you okay?

No, I'm more concerned for your well-being. Let the sods in the office worry about themselves.

:eek: Aww, you're both too kind. I try. :rose::kiss: ;)

Naoko, you alright?

Aye, anna, now I need to think of a custom tag. Can I get anyone anything? Coffee, tea, breakfast, soft kisses in the most intimate places? Oh, did I say that last one out loud? :eek::eek::devil:

anna is right, take care of yourself, Steve. Go home and have lemsip.

1000 post congratulations to John!

I'm fine. It was the tiniest bump, but the guy in the other car was a jerk and pretending he would need all sorts doing to his car. The insurance rang already so I did the best pussy cat purr voice on them (OK, him, LOL) and pretty soon, he was saying he hated the other guy too and that he was obviously a lying cheating bastard who deserved to be bumped into, and that I would only lose 2 years off our no claims bonus. <Snigger>.

:eek: Aww, you're both too kind. I try. :rose::kiss: ;)

Naoko, you alright?

Aye, anna, now I need to think of a custom tag. Can I get anyone anything? Coffee, tea, breakfast, soft kisses in the most intimate places? Oh, did I say that last one out loud? :eek::eek::devil:
Breakfast sounds good... for now. ;)

anna is right, take care of yourself, Steve. Go home and have lemsip.

1000 post congratulations to John!

I'm fine. It was the tiniest bump, but the guy in the other car was a jerk and pretending he would need all sorts doing to his car. The insurance rang already so I did the best pussy cat purr voice on them (OK, him, LOL) and pretty soon, he was saying he hated the other guy too and that he was obviously a lying cheating bastard who deserved to be bumped into, and that I would only lose 2 years off our no claims bonus. <Snigger>.
Heh, a properly and judiciously applied pussycat purr can do wonders. Good luck getting yourself sorted out.

Oh, so you've been to my office, then... ;)
No, but I've worked in offices and when you're feeling poorly, they're the last place you want to be.

So, now I get to sit and wait for the UPS driver to show up with my latest order. This is completely interfering with my desire to get food.

Thank you, dahlink, I am fine. Just the tiniest scratch - to the car, not my fingernail polish or anything horrendous.
:heart:

Glad to hear that. Had a friend who was sitting at a stoplight and the flatbed truck in front of her decided to back up and completely tore up the hood of her car. The truck driver got out and yelled at her for "being in the way" despite the fact she layed on the horn. It wasn't until she had the police on the phone that the other driver became apologetic.

Glad to hear that. Had a friend who was sitting at a stop-light and the flat-bed truck in front of her decided to back up and completely tore up the hood of her car. The truck driver got out and yelled at her for "being in the way" despite the fact she layed on the horn. It wasn't until she had the police on the phone that the other driver became apologetic.

In the UK, long vehicles have a warning sign about "If you cannot see my mirrors, I cannot see you" and warning beepers when the vehicle goes into reverse.
It don't stop the prat in the flat-bed, but it does lessen the damage a bit

My insurance company credits me with 27 years no-claim bonus, but only count the last 8 towards their maximum discount. My actual period of car driving without an insurance claim is 45 years.

But they didn't count my motorcycle insurance record. ;)

And no doubt some idiot will ram me tomorrow.

My insurance company credits me with 27 years no-claim bonus, but only count the last 8 towards their maximum discount. My actual period of car driving without an insurance claim is 45 years.

But they didn't count my motorcycle insurance record. ;)

And no doubt some idiot will ram me tomorrow.

Good Luck
:)

Even if they do, I have a protected no-claim bonus.

If they are driving a modern car, my Volvo will probably survive to drive again.

I used to have one of those. It was great. Cost me a fortune in petrol, but it was a very comfortable car and easy to fix.

Thank you, guys, for your car bump sympathy!

I'm up disgustingly early to sort out packed lunches before catching the train to go and teach in the rural fastnesses of mid Wales. I hope I don't fall asleep on the train home and end up in Haverfordwest, I'm not going to the bank if I end up there, Willie! LOL.

I better not put the Keurig on, the coffee will be :eek: by the time anyone comes to collect it, so I'll just have a gentle cup of tea.

Thank you, management, for setting up my tutorial so I will have only 20 minutes to get out of the station, get a cab, get to the venue, unpack and set up my stuff, and greet the students with a smiley face and cool demeanour! (And for then saying you don't see what the problem is when I email you to ask if we could move the tutorial back an hour.) :rolleyes:

No coffee yet. My Friday night is still young, still got alot of drinking to do. ;)

Go to it, John! I shall think of you as I get on the 6.30 train, partying away, LOL. Olaf! a libation of the gennelman's fancy.

:nana: party banana.

Hello!

This seems like such a friendly place to be right now, unlike elsewhere. Such crankiness! Is Mars in retrograde or some such?

I wish I had a drink to hoist, but I promised myself I'd only pour a whiskey if I finished my writing goal for the night. I suppose I'd better get to it.

And can we talk about snow for one minute? I just watched the USA v Costa Rica World Cup qualifier and they played the whole match in a freaking BLIZZARD! Last year at this time it was 80 degrees. Is there no happy medium? Where did spring get off to?

Go to it, John! I shall think of you as I get on the 6.30 train, partying away, LOL. Olaf! a libation of the gennelman's fancy.

:nana: party banana.

All aboard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVnimjd5Kxk

This seems like such a friendly place to be right now, unlike elsewhere. Such crankiness! Is Mars in retrograde or some such?

I wish I had a drink to hoist, but I promised myself I'd only pour a whiskey if I finished my writing goal for the night. I suppose I'd better get to it.

And can we talk about snow for one minute? I just watched the USA v Costa Rica World Cup qualifier and they played the whole match in a freaking BLIZZARD! Last year at this time it was 80 degrees. Is there no happy medium? Where did spring get off to?

Yes it is. :D Rolf, a drink for our guest please.

Hullo, my dear! I'm not sure what John is on, he is partying like a banana! but I'm just having a cup of tea, here you go, I'll just pour you one - Luaka Ceylon, fragrant and sweet.
:rose:

Hullo, my dear! I'm not sure what John is on, he is partying like a banana! but I'm just having a cup of tea, here you go, I'll just pour you one - Luaka Ceylon, fragrant and sweet.
:rose:

Thank you! A cup of tea sounds perfect for this chilly "spring" evening. I'll pour some whiskey in later. ;) Hot toddy, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back