The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! It's much more fun to see them through to the end.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yours, john.

LOL, I don't even remember what it was either. I only remember waking up at 2am suddenly and not wanting to go back to sleep for awhile.

Rolf, coffee with a shot of rum please.

Morning all

The coffee is hot and fresh

I have a new story up, if anyone needs anything to read with their coffee. :D

Morning all

The coffee is hot and fresh

I have a new story up, if anyone needs anything to read with their coffee. :D

Ah - Coffee. Just the job.
Do we have to go look it up or are you going to tell us the title ?
:)

Not got out yet; had a few little jobs to do, shopping and so on.
Perhaps a bit later on, as the weather is fairly decent at present.

Late September and early October is our possible afternoon thunder storm time of the year. It's hit or miss whether you get any rain or not but there is always the possibility.

I have a screened in shelter reserved for two days after i get home from this job. It is right on the water and 400 feet from the launch ramp and a fishing pier. It's back in a sheltered cove with a lot of narrow winding creeks a few hundred yards to the north.

It is a very pretty area on A shallow flood control lake. Check out Martin Dies State Park. I think you will find it interesting. The site also shows the fish in the area.

The health saga continues. More tests at the hospital on Monday, to figure out what's wrong. And I'm freaking out because there will be TWO blood draws. John! Hold my hand!

Is it weird to hope they find something wrong with me? So at least they can fix it?

The health saga continues. More tests at the hospital on Monday, to figure out what's wrong. And I'm freaking out because there will be TWO blood draws. John! Hold my hand!

Is it weird to hope they find something wrong with me? So at least they can fix it?

Oh no!
*holding hand* Sending good thoughts your way. :rose::heart:

I think you phrased that wrongly. Perhaps: "I hope they find what's wrong" ?
Anyway, Big supporting hug, and a corner in the Prayers ?

I hope all goes well for your tests, sheablue, and that you can start fixing the problem. The blood drawing isn't that bad - I used to do it on myself two- to - four times a day to teach my students. You get used to it.

How did the interview go, John? Well, I trust.

Last edited:

*hug* It isn't weird at all. Finding nothing wrong just leads to more stress and worry, which are even worse for you.

Two blood draws isn't the end of the world. It isn't great, but as long as they leave you something.... Make sure you eat well and take a bottle of fruit juice with you. I know it isn't easy, but try to remain calm too. I'm going to hope you get someone who really, really knows what they're doing so you don't feel it at all. I can handle the needle now, just don't make me watch. *shudder*

Good luck with the interview, john!

Only two blood draws? How much do they take?

I had three small bottles taken yesterday as part of my annual diabetic check. That's a lot less than when I used to donate blood.

It would be good if they found something they could treat.

I think the interview went well. Essentially it's for my current job, but as a full time employee and not a contractor. My supervisor used "IF you're hired" a lot, but hopefully things look good. I should hear from HR in a week or two. Fingers crossed.

Thanks guys, for the good thoughts.

I guess if there were some reason for me to get used to blood draws it wouldn't be so bad. But I have small veins that collapse, and it usually takes at least 3 tries to get a good one. Which causes lots of anxiety. Plus, my body has this weird issue (or maybe it's not weird?) where it shuts down during medical procedures. It's like, it's not even the pain, or the fear of pain, it's the anxiety or some flight/fight thing. I faint all the time. Shots, getting blood drawn ... I fainted the first time I put in contact lenses. I fainted during a mammogram. It's embarrassing. And then because I know this, I get even more anxious.

Hence the anxiety and general freaked outedness about having to do it twice in one day. I can only hope that the phlebotomists at the hospital really know their stuff and it will be easy.

Ok, enough of that. I have so much writing I want to do! I have a headache now, because I didn't drink enough water today, I guess. But I'm muddling through.

John, I'm sure everything went great and they will "hire" you!

Thanks guys, for the good thoughts.

Hence the anxiety and general freaked outedness about having to do it twice in one day. I can only hope that the phlebotomists at the hospital really know their stuff and it will be easy.

Ok, enough of that. I have so much writing I want to do! I have a headache now, because I didn't drink enough water today, I guess. But I'm muddling through.

John, I'm sure everything went great and they will "hire" you!

This sounds to me like acute 'nerves' and you have my sympathy.
I get the impression that two separate people will be taking the blood samples, not one. When I had mine done recently, she left the needle in my arm and simply changed the bottle. Two samples, one simple job; fewer nerves!

The recent trend towards confusing words like 'phlebotomists' makes them sound clever and good. Why not call them Vampires ? I do, and they get the joke!

:rose:

Shea, the trick I use for shots and blood draws is to look away the moment you walk in and sit down. Do not look at them getting out the tools and tell the doctor to not give you a countdown. Just look away, close your eyes if need be, and take deep breaths until you hear "All done." That's what's got me through my needle phobia.

Rolf, I desperately need another drink. This night has not gone that well.

Good morning from Portland, OR. My meeting with my potential business contact went even better than I could have hoped so now I can spend the morning with my daughter, who lives here, and my older sister and her hubby who are visiting. A pleasant way to spend a rainy day. Now, about that coffee . . .

Good morning from Portland, OR. My meeting with my potential business contact went even better than I could have hoped so now I can spend the morning with my daughter, who lives here, and my older sister and her hubby who are visiting. A pleasant way to spend a rainy day. Now, about that coffee . . .

Morning, Bear. LOL, you're close enough that I could hand deliver you the coffee. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back