Naoko's news, views and shoes thread

NaokoSmith

Honourable Slut
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Posts
9,973
Acksherly, this thread is about my review blog. The chaos of summer is behind me. I have managed (just) to get back alive from Über Stepford. My line managers have successfully not given me any employment till next February. So I can return to my writing in peace.

I've written three new reviews on the blog, of TXRad's Deer Island, MSTarot's My Lady and DLynn's Ethan's Grace - Exhibitionist Scene. I hope to do more, so if your story/blog/book is in my long queue then be patient! I will get round to it.

Please visit the blog and read the reviews. Let me know what you think of the blog as I am seriously interested in developing it. I think it would benefit us as erotica writers to have critical reviews out which showcase our work as good writing rather than pornography.

Lots of us blog as well as publishing our erotic writing on here. Please do feel free to post on this thread about a blogpost you just wrote (not necessarily erotic), or one you read and enjoyed, or any other bit of writing you wanted to flash about.

I'm writing my review blog for two reasons. Mainly it's part of the serious research I actually do do on Sex and Relationships Education. My professional and carefully researched opinion is that SRE is rubbish. I realised that there is some terrific and highly enjoyable writing out there on the internet which does a much better job. However, there is a lot of scary stuff too and no way for an erotica virgin reader to pick out the lighter more romantic stories from the seriously hot and heavy. So I set up my blog as a gateway for young people into online erotic writing.

Secondly, as I worked, I realised that online erotica writers have little critical feedback to depend on. Serious writers like not only people who say: I LOVED it! I CRIED! I had like SEVEN orgasms while reading it. We actually like to hear when people say: the plot was great but could you tweak the dialogue? As well as researching SRE, I am a cultural studies critic so I decided to do that too.

I am looking to develop my blog but I am rubbish at making money out of things, LOL. So if you think it has potential and you want to be part of the project, drop me a line. I have a funding body in mind I think would put money into it; I'm looking for people to join in who might have a good business head, website design knowledge, links to American or Australian universities, since I am thinking of promoting the blog to student unions.

I'm also delighted to have guest reviewers. You could have a link to your submissions page or your own website/blog if you want to write up about a story you particularly enjoyed. (Please read the blog rules if you would like to do this.)

'Kay folks! a final note on the shoes. I did buy boots :devil: but not the black snugly shaped ones with heels cuz they were not made for walking. I bought the sort of boots which look demure - at first glance :devil:. If I make lots of money out of my blog or the line managers miraculously realise they want me to do a bit more teaching after all, I will run back and get the black boots and post pix on here. Perhaps for Christmas I can fill them with a stockinged leg :devil:.

(Acksherly if the blog takes off I will buy fucking thigh high boots :devil::devil::devil:. Er ... I mean something suitable for an ex-rugby player with mommy fat ;).)
 
Thank you. I did want to review your story Norma, but it doesn't have condoms which is one of the rules for my site (for reasons I explain on there).

Doesn't matter. You love condoms and I hate flatterers.
 
Doesn't matter. You love condoms and I hate flatterers.

No, it doesn't matter.

I don't love condoms, I am writing a blog aimed at young people so I promote safe sex on it. It's my blog and I can be safe if I want to.
 
Good to see you back, Duchess. :rose: I'll be be sure to check out the blog.
 
Good to see you back, Duchess. :rose: I'll be be sure to check out the blog.

Fab! Let me know what you think of the design. I ought to do something a bit more exciting than X's, I know, but if I stick tiny chilli peppers in or other emoticon pix, a white background comes up with them. (See the larfs in that naughty picture of a pregnancy tester my fellow mommy mom shared.)
:heart:
 
I left a comment on the 'My Lady' page.

Thank you my dear sexy lady.:D
 
No, it doesn't matter.

I don't love condoms, I am writing a blog aimed at young people so I promote safe sex on it. It's my blog and I can be safe if I want to.

Safe? Condoms are not safe. Do you realise how many people are seriously injured and worse every year because of condoms? It's a massacre out there I tell ya...


Interesting blog though and a great idea. Hope it takes off.
 
Thank you dear lady for the review and sorry for the confusion factor. ;)
 
You know, Naoko, I think you put something in my head when we talked about my book. There's actually a line in my Halloween entry about her being glad that she'd always used protection with her first boyfriend. :D
 
Well seeing I'll never fit the motif of your blog I will give you a thank you for your great review of my BDSM e-book Black Friday you did for me awhile back.

Better than the review was all the points/counterpoints you made as we discussed it. Its good to get some in depth feedback and have to defend and explain one's work.
 
Guys thanks for the kind feedback. Keep visiting the blog so I get my numbers up and can flash it around potential sponsors.

Lovecraft, thank you for your appreciation of my critique. I do do it well, guys, cuz it has been my job for a while now and I like critiquing stories.

MSTarot - I have answered your comment! Comments on my blog are warmly welcomed, I love to have some dialogue on there about the reviews I've done.

HP, I will get on the case of the Anonymous Commenting in a highly serious manner v. soon. (Help, help, John!)

JBJ, if I had known you would get so worked up because I admired your sweet buns, I would never have sought to flatter you by mentioning them. I honestly believe they are sweet and tasty, I assure you.

Strangelife - condoms are the best that we can do right now, as I have tried to point out to my errant cat, and see - five kittens later she was wishing she had listened to me. (Thanks for your kind feedback, LOL.)

Magica - is your story reviewable for me? That would be great!

Sandra - I will get back to you; just have to clear these frogs out my house that the cat brought in for the kittens, take Piglet to her violin lesson, watch the tv show on dancing with her, watch the tv show on baking with her and make cookies with her first.

Willie - don't you dare distract me with your naughty competitions! Oh ... well, I might just take a peek. I can always say No. (Or at least wear a condom ...)

And TXRad, I will kiss your arse any time ;).

:heart::rose::heart:
 
Willie - don't you dare distract me with your naughty competitions! Oh ... well, I might just take a peek. I can always say No. (Or at least wear a condom ...)

I think I went on a date with a girl once who said pretty much exactly the same thing . . . .

:devil:
 
Its not a review, its luv.

Again, I ask, what is the problem with that? So the lady loved the story. That is her prerogative, I do believe. Maybe you should take a hint. Writing what people like or even love is maybe better than going the gritty route but to each, their own.
 
Again, I ask, what is the problem with that? So the lady loved the story. That is her prerogative, I do believe. Maybe you should take a hint. Writing what people like or even love is maybe better than going the gritty route but to each, their own.

Dear, here's some writing 101 for you.

Different strokes for different folks. A writer can jump in the big pond and write more incest or whatever, or jump in the small pond and serve a niche where the menu is short.

My problem with Naoko is the bait and switch. She didn't write reviews as promised. Its not her nature to be critical. Its her nature to schmooze.
 
Dear, here's some writing 101 for you.

Different strokes for different folks. A writer can jump in the big pond and write more incest or whatever, or jump in the small pond and serve a niche where the menu is short.

My problem with Naoko is the bait and switch. She didn't write reviews as promised. Its not her nature to be critical. Its her nature to schmooze.

Obviously you don't know what the blog is all about. She gave reviews to achieve just what she wanted them to do. To draw young readers into safe sex erotica. Sorry that you missed the point. It's not about how good a story is or was, it is about the safe sex. That erotica can be written from that point of view.
 
Last edited:
It's that time of the week again, when I get my glimmer of free time.

Hello, Naoko. Nice to see you're back in these parts. Methinks I am on your to-review list as well. I look forward to reading it.

On a bright note, I try writing a few hundred words every Sunday. It'll probably be months before I have anything worthy of submission, but it's something that keeps me sane amidst the endless lines of code I churn out.
 
Back
Top