The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a Monday night? Hell, man, I ain't leaving until Friday morning. Why pack now? I've still got a carry-on coming in FedEx tomorrow. Thursday Night is plenty soon enough.

Lol. I forget not everyone's arriving as early as Secret and I. We're boarding the plane bright and early Wednesday morning, so just about everything has to be done tonight. Or so she's told me, over and over. :p

You know, sometimes I hate when her OCD kicks in . . . .

I'm the 'open a bag and throw everything in at the last minute' sort. It's gotten me into trouble on occasion when I've forgotten something important, I can tell you. However, after traipsing about the globe for this many years, I have reached a point where I automatically put in things now.

HM, on the other hand, is a very careful packer and it used to drive me crazy. Now I just lean back and let it flow. We'll get there sooner or later, after all . . .

I'm the 'open a bag and throw everything in at the last minute' sort. It's gotten me into trouble on occasion when I've forgotten something important, I can tell you. However, after traipsing about the globe for this many years, I have reached a point where I automatically put in things now.

HM, on the other hand, is a very careful packer and it used to drive me crazy. Now I just lean back and let it flow. We'll get there sooner or later, after all . . .

On my own, I'd wait until an hour before I left for the airport to pack. Mainly because I never take much. But, like I said, that was when I was on my own . . . .

We have a very 'independent' relationship. I swear, sometimes it has seemed that we just wave as we pass. Vacations can be separate or together. The latter are actually harder to put together than the former! I'm not sure how this all came about but it still seems to work after all these decades.

That's the funny thing about me. I don't write much that isn't just for me. I love the process of crafting a story, of creating the characters and getting into their heads and finding their issues and resolutions. I love every aspect of it.

All my life I've known that I have one great talent. Others can do anything and everything, but not me. I can only do one thing well and that's write. That in itself is strange enough when almost everyone else in the family is a musician. But I write. And I'm good at it.

Do I see myself with my own little shelf and B&N? Hell, yes. All I need is the break to get me there.

:) I hope you get everything you want. :rose:

*crossing fingers*
I'm sure it'll be great fun. Although, not everyone I was hoping to make it is coming. ;)

:cool:

I agree I do believe you'll really have a great time. Those things always are. :D

I have to head out, math class to attend.

Have a brilliant, wonderful, sex-crazed day. ;) :kiss::devil:

Since everyone is leaving, I guess I'll have to hold down the fort.

:eek: Honestly, I did take a shower this morning. :eek:

I didn't make it all the way to school, I feel less than comfortable this morning, so I headed back to the house.

I'll hold down the fort with you.

Lol. I forget not everyone's arriving as early as Secret and I. We're boarding the plane bright and early Wednesday morning, so just about everything has to be done tonight. Or so she's told me, over and over. :p

You know, sometimes I hate when her OCD kicks in . . . .

I caught that :rolleyes:
You'll be thanking me when the alarm goes off at no-one-should-ever-have-to-be-awake-that-early in the morning and you were able to get some sleep the night before.

I used to fret over forgetting something until I created a master packing list with everything I might possibly need. Now I just do down the list, saying yes or no to each item according to the type of trip and looking them out and throwing them in a big heap then packing them properly once everything is piled up. Works for me, anyway.

I used to fret over forgetting something until I created a master packing list with everything I might possibly need. Now I just do down the list, saying yes or no to each item according to the type of trip and looking them out and throwing them in a big heap then packing them properly once everything is piled up. Works for me, anyway.

Oh, I know I need to do that. I've known I need to do that for some . . . ten years? I just haven't ever made one. :D

I've tried the list thing. It always gets lost... :p And it doesn't matter how concise the list it, I'll spend the entire trip feeling like I forgot something.

Oh, I know I need to do that. I've known I need to do that for some . . . ten years? I just haven't ever made one. :D

What you need is a to-do list to remind you to write the packing list. Then a where-is-it list so you can find it when you need it!

(Yes, I'm a list freak!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back