Pure Moonlight (closed)

"It wasn't every woman," Jan insisted with a rueful smile though his guilt was clear. His attention then turned to Mako, and he stepped over to help Mako balance. "What do you think you're up to, cub?"
 
"He's into everything right now. Exploring." Selena said as Jan went to help Mako balance on the log.

"Playing." Mako said simply as he crouched down to all fours, more comfortable with four paws on the ground than just his two back legs.
 
"You remind me a little too much of myself," Jan chuckled. "I used to climb trees and mountains when I was little. My mother chased me everywhere trying to keep me from getting hurt or in trouble."
 
"I think he has a future as a messenger. He loves delivering letters for his grandfather." Selena said as she watched Jan interact with Mako, helping the little wolf to explore.
 
"Taqu'un might like that," Jan offered as he leaned on the log watching Mako. "Folks can always use a good runner, especially with time-sensitive things."

It wasn't long before Luna came down the path. The foundation had only just been started when she'd last seen it. Now it was complete and setting.
 
Luna was exhausted from a long day of working, but when she saw the progress that Jan had made on their home, she beamed brightly. He had worked long and hard for her, never once complaining when she changed her mind about something. He loved her dearly and she loved him just the same.

"You have the foundation done?" Luna asked, greeting Jan first before she turned to her parents and then scooped up an excited Mako. "Little cub, you surprised me!"

Mako was laughing as he wrapped his arms around his sister's neck and hugged her tightly as Luna picked him up off the log.

"He came because you had candy." Selena commented, chuckling as she watched her cubs interact.

"And hugs, Mama." Mako insisted, his little brown ears flicking back slightly.

"Well, I have to save some of my candy for my patients, but I might be able to spare a piece for you." Luna commented as she reached into her satchel and offered him a piece of ginger candy.
 
Jan ruffled Mako's fur as Luna held him, smiling down at the cub. "You're pretty irresistible, little cub."

Kreston's arm looped around Selena's waist as they looked on. Though it tugged at his heart to see this vision of the future when Jan and Luna might have their own cub, it also made him feel more confident than ever that Jan was good for Luna.
 
"Have you been taking care of Mama?" Luna asked as Mako nodded, content with his piece of candy finally. "Jan and I were going over to Grandma's for dinner tonight. Why don't we all go and take the cooking duties away from her? I think she could do with a rest."
 
"She and Dad both," Kreston agreed. Though they were nowhere near as feeble as Dayja's own father Donan had been at their age, Kreston still strove to lighten their load.
 
"Then it's settled. Let's help Jan clean up, cub." Luna said, setting Mako down on the ground as the cub waited for some kind of task.

She chuckled at her little brother and finally greeted her father and mother properly, kissing their cheeks and hugging them tightly.
 
Jan let Mako help him gather up some of the tools in a box and clear away wood chips and shavings from his makeshift workbenches before they set off down the trail back toward the village. Volgo and Dayja were already working in their kitchen, and Volgo was preparing a spit roast outside.
 
"Grandpa, I found some lost souls wandering in the woods. They agreed to help for a free meal." Luna said as he caught sight of Kreston, Selena, and Mako. "The littlest one seems the most eager to help, in my opinion."
 
"Ah, good. I'm a little on the slow side today," Volgo chuckled, and Kreston took over his job right away. "Dayja's not much better. I'm sure she'd love some helping hands." Volgo hugged Mako to his side before sending him into the house.
 
Mako hugged his grandfather tightly and then dashed into the house to see what his grandmother needed. Selena chuckled as she kissed Volgo's cheek and pulled him to take a seat as Luna and Jan went towards the kitchen as well.

"Come and sit with me and rest your weary bones. I'm sure Dayja will joining us soon." Selena commented as she took a seat with a sigh. "If I know Mako, he'll come out with her in a few moments. He loves the both of you so much."
 
"It's hard to imagine that little cub hasn't been with this family all along," Volgo murmured, watching Dayja through the open window as she smiled to see Mako and scooped him up for a hug. "How is he fitting in with your side of the family?"
 
"My mother loves him. She thinks that he's a little ball of sunshine. He almost gives her energy when they spend time together. Brogan absolutely adores him. He sends Mako on little missions, delivering things around the keep to make sure that he's always moving and never bored. Durban and Boar have offered to take him hunting soon. I think he fits in beautifully." Selena said as she watched Mako greet his grandmother. "I know that he saved me from the darkness. I'll never forget what he gave me."
 
"I certainly don't know what we would've done without you if you'd gone any further," Volgo said softly with a nod. "And I think this family needed a little young energy since everyone's been growing up and getting so serious."
 
"I wouldn't have gone anywhere, Volgo. I need to stay around to make sure that you and your son stay in line." Selena teased, leaning over to kiss her father-in-law on the cheek. "And Mako just needed someone to take a chance on him. I'm glad that we did."
 
"I think the ones who really need keeping in line these days is your children. Luna's about to go off with a mate and Ruben will work himself to death trying to give his little ones everything."
 
"They've decided that I'm done raising them. They are their mate's responsibility now." Selena said with a smile. "I can step in and cuddle their Cubs but I won't interfere with their lives."
 
"Well, then let's hope Telma and Jan can manage on their own," Volgo chuckled. "You've managed with my boy. I'm sure they can take a few notes."

Mako soon came racing out, sliding to a halt beside his mother with the most satisfied grin as he happily reported, "Mama, Grandma says everyone can come in to eat!"
 
"You're already done cooking?!" Selena asked, grinning as he seemed so proud to announce that. "I tell you what, why don't you run over to your uncle's house and see if he and your aunt would like to join us."

Taqu'un lived a short distance away from his parent's, within view of Volgo's porch. It would give him a task to accomplish and burn off some additional energy.

"Do you remember the way?" She asked him.
 
Mako nodded quickly and was off like a streak of lightning, more flying than running. Volgo chuckled at the sight and rose slowly. "I wish I could manage half that speed at will. The only times I'm any kind of quick is in an emergency."
 
"I hope that energy serves him well." Selena commented, watching her cub run the distance to his uncle's house and only turned towards the house when she saw Taqu'un open the door. "He's a good boy. That's all I have to say."
 
"I think he's already got a good place cut out for himself with energy and speed like that." Volgo wrapped an arm around her and they stepped inside. Soon Taqu'un and Ellen joined them with Mako and even Adane was free to join them.

"Sister," Taqu'un greeted Selena warmly, kissing her cheek. He'd come a long way from the energetic and somewhat silly warrior captain he'd once been. Now a father, mate, and Head Elder, he had shaped up to be unfailingly calm and patient and he was eloquent in English, Lunar, Erygonian, German, French, and Norwegian. He was working on Danish and Swedish and even a bit of Spanish, just to cover the people and places he interacted with most.

"This little cub says we were invited to dinner," Taqu'un smiled down at Mako. "And in good time too. Adane has something to share with the family."
 
Back
Top