War of the supernaturals (IC thread. Check the OOC to join)

Not able to see Damian didn't actually know for certain what was happening around the room. He heard a snapping noise, felt Reaper's Dirge sink into something but there was no satisfying scream in response. Whatever it was it was already dead. He could hear a wet sound, something he'd never heard before and turned in that direction swinging again with Reaper's Dirge.

"Goddamnit!" Damian hissed, this thing was fucking fast. At this point there was little point in calling a retreat and he did have a decent idea of where the door was and he'd noticed that beast glancing in that direction earlier. Whatever was that way must have been important. Maybe if he could get to it, destroy it, hold it hostage, something he'd have the leverage to get this monster. If not it would have been a nice life.
 
Quickly grabbing her spell book Arabelle tried to locate Lyden in the dark. Figuring it best to stay as quiet as possible she didn't call out his name and instead stayed put trying to make out any figured in the dark, hoping no one would notice her.
 
Lyden inhuman eyes picked up the tip-toeing nurse at the hallway, her eyes darting to and fro and her grimoire clutched in her arms. He growled inside, why can't they just stay put.
He saw the hunter with Reapers Dirge head towards her. Lyden threw his gaze to the two remaining EMs in the room, now will be the time to test if the theory of the hunter having foresight was true.
Concentrating on the witch, he sent a message into her head, "someone's coming for you, run back to your room and make a stun spell. I don't have much time." he sped to the middle of the EMs and as they press the trigger, he flashed away so that the two hunters battered bullets.
Lyden still on that speed picked up one of the guns and threw it at the blonde who was near the hallway. He smiled and nodded when the man dodged.
"I think it's just me and you now. Human." Lyden said not considering the hunters surrounding the exits and forgetting the dark haired man that was beside the hunter with the ancient sword.
 
Rolling her eyes she headed back to her room like he commanded her to do. As she sat down, feeling a bit like a sitting duck just waiting to be attacked, she began looking through the book. "Stun spell.... Got it...." She muttered to herself. Hoping it wouldn't backfire in her she began performing the spell.
 
Damian dodged the projectile with ease though when he saw where it landed and how lightly he realized the beast had been testing him more than trying to hurt him. He probably should have let it hit him.

Oh well. It's future sight not omniscience. Damian thought skidding to a halt and turning back to face the monster. He lowered Reaper's Dirge preparing to swing. The hallway was narrow, not nearly enough room to dodge even at the speeds this thing could move. On the flip side it was him, Frost and guards outside left. He was only going to get one swing at this.

"Frost go on ahead. If I'm not there in five minutes get out of here and call in an air strike. The collateral will be worth getting this thing."
 
The hunter took up a stance, his sword in hand...ready to battle with him. In another circumstance, he'd be laughing at the pathetic human's feable attempt to end his life, but the prescence of Reapers Dirge had turned the tide.
He need to act with caution, a cut from that wicked slim sword will do more damage than a hundred cups of vervain. Strangely enough only one person had faced him with that sword and even then he had barely survived. And again he couldn't place the face.
The hallway was too narrow for him to whoosh through without getting a cut or two at the very least. If the little witch was really from the generation Arabelle then she'll be able to stun an EM. All he had to do now was wait. Stall for her to perform the spell. He had little concern for those outside, the stun will affect them too if they are in her range. Lyden was though worried about the little witch. A stun spell drains energy from the caster to keep the victim in place. One EM will sap a lot from a level class witch.
(SP)
 
He was guessing they were more than ten Examplar Mortis outside.
"Since you have been quite a headache, and though i normally don't do this...i'll want to know your name before i rip out your heart." Lyden said in his calm controlled voice.
 
"Do try. Out in the open you probably could have, in here though you know I'll take you with me." Damian replied. "If we're being polite however monster my name is Damian Renaud. What shall I carve on your tomb?"
 
One it was done Arabelle stood up. Feeling a bit lightheaded she walked to the door and peeked out, trying to determine if it had worked or not. Feeling week she leaned into the doorframe trying to keep herself standing.
 
After her much needed shower she realised that she required clean clothes. The ones she had been wearing all sweaty and dirty and she didn't relish the idea of putting them on. Looking through the draws she found a pair of sweats..slightly too big but they had a drawstring and definitely too long, so she rolled them up. She found a t-shirt in a different drawer. Dressed she decode to see what she could find out in this very large house. As she left the bedroom she hoped Lyden wouldn't mind her snooping, bit she grinned as she imagined he would probably be miffed she hadn't waited for him to show her. In the hall she noticed there were three other doors, going to each one she checked inside, rooms that looked like they hadn't seen a living soul in years, clean but unloved in with very old ornate decoration. Melea moved on down the stairs, it appeared she was on the upper floor as when she reached the bottom of these stairs she could see further rooms, not bothering with these assuming bedrooms like the others. When she reached the lower floor she had a number of doors to choose from, she could see the main door to the outside and three others. Going to the one on her left she entered to find that it was a large dining room with a very long table that could seat at least twelve, if not more. Going to the next room she found a large library and smiled, books she loved books, they always held interesting information.
 
As someone who had dabbled in the art before he was turned, Lyden could clearly see the invisible smoke of magic spreading from the young witch's room. He chuckled as the hunter became affected by the spell, stunned.
It was a calculated risk, if the young witch wasn't from Arabelle's bloodline, then she'll blackout at the very least. Okay it was not his risk.
Lyden walked slowly towards the stunned but active human. "Do you know that stun spells like this affects all humans within its radius?" he asked enjoying the fear he was seeing in the man's eyes.
"I guess you're all human. Well since i'm going to be ripping your heart out eventually i'll tell you my name." he dug his hand through the man's chest and lightly touched his heart. He shook his head and clicked his tongue. "Stunned you can't even scream out." he mockingly stated on seeing the pain registered on the man's face. Lyden felt no remorse towards what he was going to do to him. Afterall, he enjoyed doing the same to an inhuman.
 
Last edited:
"I am known by many names through out the centuries, but in this one i've decided to stick to my original name. The name is Lyden Snow, remember it when you get to the other..." he withdrew his hand out of the man's chest immediately the spurts of bullets made contact with his back. He turned to see who had shot him only to be more plastered by vervain dipped bullets.
With all his strength, he sped into the hallway, picked up the young witch and raced them out through the back door. He passed by the stunned hunters who had guarded the exit.
"It can't be. Only non-humans can withstand the Sistcur." he thought.
On reaching the highway, Lyden compelled a driver to take them to the portal. He had fought hard to remain conscious but as the taxi drove into the alley that housed his portal, he finally let go.
The last thought swimming in his mind being that he had revealed his identity. Now all hell was gonna go loose.
 
Last edited:
Damian Frost

He was still positioned outside when he heard THAT voice over the link, it was the voice of something old, ancient even. With a growl he realized that the other EMs stood like stunned animals, that meant one thing. Magic.

He sped into the building, using Damian's smell to guide him, arriving as the ancient one was about to rip out Damian's heart. He drew and fired his pistols, catching the vampire off-guard, as he turned toward Frost, he opened fire once more. As he flashed away, Frost wanted to follow, but the blood spurting from Damian's wound meant that he needed help.

"Shit"

He holstered his weapons and reached Damian in moments, ripping open the skin of his wrist, he guided his own blood into the gaping wounds. Watching them starting to close, he rushed outside, but already he was too late. With an all too vampiric snarl, he turned around, trying to guess, but the scent was gone.

"Damnit!!!"
 
Last edited:
Looking around Arabelle tried to figure out where they had ended up. It all seemed to happen so fast. One minute she was in her apartment and now they were outside a large house. Looking over to Lyden she noticed that he was passed out. Getting out she went to his side and opened the door. Taking a deep breath she got a good hold on him and started dragging him out of the car and toward the house. She was exhausted but she hoped she had enough strength to get him inside.
 
Damian's future sight only told him one thing this time. It didn't matter what he did that thing was too goddamn fast, even in close quarters. He only wished he'd actually brought a suicide vest with him but that thought was quickly replaced when he felt a hand around his heart and realized this was it.

Then he blacked out. The next thing he noticed was that Frost was standing over him bleeding into him. It tingled. Then he passed out again.

So this is dying. Even with Reaper's Dirge I wasn't good enough. The world is over.

It would be well over an hour before he finally regained consciousness.
 
Damian Frost

He turned and walked back to the building, already the other EMs were coming around. "HQ this is Frost, shots fired, several members are down, we need medical evac for at least one. We are dealing with an Ancient, over."

"Roger that. Police are en-route, will delay their arrival."

Only then did he realized that the expected him to lead, since he was now the highest ranking hunter, "Wrap it up, sanitize the place and move out." As the other hunters got moving to bag any evidence and to remove all traces of their own presence, he made his way back to where he had left Damian. Damian was out of it, but it seemed like the blood had pulled him out of the critical. Since they worked on a tigh time-table, he picked Damian up and walked with him outside, a few moments later an EM medical unit slewed into the street.

Frost handed Damian over to their more profesional care and went back into the building to help with the clean up process. When the first Police arrived, the EM team was gone and the apartment housed useless blood and holes in the walls. Frost was sitting in the caffeteria in a dark enough corner, sipping sweet coffee and writing his report by the time that Damian came to again.
 
In Lyden's library, Melea had been looking through some books that had been on a desk, only problem was she couldn't read Latin, do they were going to be of no use to her whatsoever. She had however found a huge tome of a book that also held illustrations. When she had opened the book the first illustration she saw was of Lyden, it was at this point she realised that Lyden was extremely old. Other illustration showed a werewolf and a witch, what possibly looked like a fairy? She slammed the book shut, trembling at the realisation that something big was now happening and that Lyden had the answers. As she put the book down she heard the slamming of a car door, rushing out to the main entrance she yanked the door open to find a girl holding an unconscious Lyden and he was bleeding again. "Who the fuck are you? And what has happened to him?" She stalked down the steps...grabbed Lyden from the girl and rushed up the stairs to his room, he needed blood again.
 
When Damian came to his hand went straight to his chest and winced crying out in pain. He was in alive and in once piece but he certainly wasn't well just yet. He closed his eyes and tried to recall how he'd ended up here but everything was a blur at the moment.

"Damian, you should lay back down. You still nee-" A nurse started saying stepping toward him.

Damian turned toward her. "I promise you, if you touch me you'll regret it." He snarled forcing himself upright. It wasn't his first trip to the infirmary he quickly gathered his clothing and dressed. "Blood Song." He smiled tucking the weapon into a holster. "Didn't I have Reaper's Dirge?" He mumbled then shook his head deciding right then he didn't care. Either they had recovered it with his corpse, him, or it was lost. Either way there wasn't anything he could do right then.

Most of the EMs were either sleeping or at home so Damian was able to wander the empty halls to the cafeteria where he got himself an absurdly large bowl of cookies n cream ice cream before wandering over to where Frost was sitting. "You know I always wonder why you work with us." He said dryly partially because he wasn't ready to talk about what was clearly going to be a gnarly scar on his chest just yet or it's cause.
 
Arabelle ran after her "There's no reason to be rude to me. He just showed up out of nowhere. I have never meet him before today. So don't worry I didn't do anything with your boyfriend or husband or whatever he is.... He helped me, I'm pretty sure he just saved my life. Whoever it was that attacked us must have done this to him..."
 
"Well sorry, but I don't have time to be nice" Melea replied, "he needs blood and he needs it now!" As she reached his room and gently placed hi'm on the bed, went to his closet and retrieved a couple of blood bags. As she returned to the bed she noticed the bullet wounds, she would need to remove them, no doubt they were what was poisoning him. She turned to the girl and asked "You wouldn't happen to know how to remove bullets? Or at least know some first aide whilst I give him this blood!"
 
Damian Frost

He glanced up as Damian came to sit at his table and then continued to write, why was it that people always wanted to talk about trivial stuff? OK well with his age also came the means that he had lost a small bit of his human contact and actually speaking with each other was what made humans, well....human. He placed his pen down and looked up at Damian.

"Revenge. An elder vampire killed my family and I want to find him and kill him. I also do not like humans to die by any other influence than what they bring over themselves, for that reason I fight against Supernaturals. I got recruited years ago and up until now I have managed to prove myself trustworthy enough to hunt on my own and not to kill innocent humans."

He gave Damian a slight smile,

"You lost your sword, I took the liberty to place it with the rest of your gear, you will most likely need it when you meet the Elder again."
 
Damian smiled. "Sorry, it wasn't really a question. I've heard the stories before though never from you." He canted his head to each side until the vertebrae popped audibly back into place. "And you know we all trust you there is no way you'd be sitting here if we didn't. If I didn't."

The news about Reaper's Dirge left a stunned look on his face. "I'm flattered you grabbed me, but you really should have taken Reaper before me, I can be replaced."

Pulling his shirt away from his chest he looked down at the bandages that he was bleeding through already from his mild exertion. "I have to ask you something. Do you think there are others out there like you? I think that's what makes a lot of us ask you so often why. If you can be good could there be others?"

While he spoke Damian scribbled down something on a napkin and slid it over to Frost.

Been working on a project, council doesn't know. Need help.
 
Searching the room she quickly found a small pocket knife. "You need to calm down, freaking out isn't going to help. He'll be fine..." She said cutting into the first bullet hole and using the knife to help pull the bullet out "He's strong, he can handle this." Arabelle said as she continued removing bullets.
 
"Seriously? Did you just tell me to calm down?" Melea growled "and for your information I am not freaking out, this is the second time today he's ended up with bullets in him, ones that would probably kill him with whatever poison they hold unless they are removed and he get's this blood!!" Holding the blood bag to Lyden's lips she squeezed the blood into his mout, hoping that he truly was strong enough to handle this, as she didn't think that she could bear to lose him even though she hardly knew him. He had answers to what was going on. Plus she needed to know how the girl fitted into all this, was she Supernatural too? Melea could feel her wolf close to the surface...she was wanting to protect Lyden and she wasn't happy about the girl being this close even if she was helping.
 
"Vervain... I've read about it, that must be what's making the bullets effect him like this. There's a war going on. People get hurt in wars, that's what happens but you can't use that as an excuse to turn against someone. I'm on your side. He risked his life to save mine, I'll do whatever I have to to save his. Besides it's my job. When I became I nurse I swore I would do what I could to save lives." Arabelle continued pulling out the bullets one by one.
 
Back
Top