How to delete a Commemt

D

Daisy4342

I made a comment twice and want to delete that one but can you and how ??
M

As far as I know, you can't delete a comment once (or twice) made. Only Lit or the author can delete a comment. You can try reporting the comment as a duplicate and hope Lit takes it out, I suppose.

As far as I know, you can't delete a comment once (or twice) made. Only Lit or the author can delete a comment. You can try reporting the comment as a duplicate and hope Lit takes it out, I suppose.

Well, I'm the author, and I can't believe I'm asking this, but how do I delete one? The last time I did that had to be three years ago. Just right-clicking on it doesn't seem to bring up the option.

Well, I'm the author, and I can't believe I'm asking this, but how do I delete one? The last time I did that had to be three years ago. Just right-clicking on it doesn't seem to bring up the option.

If you're using the "newer" beta format for authors, you click on "works", then click on the comments icon next to the story. On the comment you want to delete, you simply click the trashcan icon. This is assuming you're signed in.

If you're using the "newer" beta format for authors, you click on "works", then click on the comments icon next to the story. On the comment you want to delete, you simply click the trashcan icon. This is assuming you're signed in.

Thank you, that worked fine. I seem to remember it being more direct last time, but my memory could be faulty.

Duplicate in Forum or Duplicate in Author's Space?

I am a bit confused at reading this post. Is the duplicate the individual submitting this request commenting on a writer's article and duplicated the reply OR is it a duplicate reply in the forum to a reply?

The answer given seems to be about deleting a duplicate in an individual's personal log in space. But I thought the person asking was talking about a duplicate in the forum area. That is an easy place to make a mistake of duplicating a reply.

How does one delete a forum duplicate?

I am a bit confused at reading this post. Is the duplicate the individual submitting this request commenting on a writer's article and duplicated the reply OR is it a duplicate reply in the forum to a reply?

The answer given seems to be about deleting a duplicate in an individual's personal log in space. But I thought the person asking was talking about a duplicate in the forum area. That is an easy place to make a mistake of duplicating a reply.

You could ask a mod to delete a duplicate post in the forum. If it’s in the How To or BDSM forums, I can help. Otherwise, look on the right hand side of the main page to find the mod to contact.

If you read post #4, he was asking about deleting a comment on his story. My answer referred only to a reader's comment, not a duplicate whatever that was. He said my suggestion worked.

If you have a duplicate post on a thread, like this one I'm typing, you simple edit the one you want to delete and replace the text with five characters.

eg. ..... or xxxxx or iiiii, etc.

Then save it. You can to this with any post that you made.

Back