The Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2010 Support Thread

<shakes head>

Literotica is an International website welcoming writers from across the world (including Canada - which has some of the best writers I know), encouraging them to write quality work in many genres.

(sorry Thumper) you, Jim, are a tunnel-visioned dipshit who obviously views the word "pal" as something to be used derogatorily and has no concept of the word in a global community.

<gets off soap box> Sorry everybody. Hey Dark, can you hand me a shovel. Raven, fire up them showers.

Nothing to see here, let's get back to reading the great stories.

By the way, I think that we should hold a class in IMAGE RESIZING, as it screws up the whole thread and makes it all wonky. From my understanding of the process, it's not too difficult :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We can always report it as it can be considered disruptive. I didn't see much change on my desktop computer with the wide flat-screen, but on my Acer laptop, one of the small ones, it stretches everything.

*grabs a shovel*

And hopefully working on an original contest story.
All of the members of A.I.R. were disappointed when the promised story never materialized
from your pen during the NUUDE DAY contest.

Sorry, that pesky "running a publishing company" got in the way.

That and pneumonia and my 2nd honeymoon... which unfortunately coincided. *sigh*

Doubt I'll get anything together for this one, either, though, excuses aside. Just saw the contest page and thought I'd check it out. Saw some familiar names and couldn't resist reading! ;)

sent to the editors..waiting for that and then if I can re-write and submit before the end of the 9th I'm golden!

I am apparently in charge of showers so I figure we'll do this Turkish bath style. Who needs their back loofahed first? :)

I'm not putting in a third entry. Yesterday was just too full of drama that I took the whole day off today. However, I'm going to start reading and voting on the other entries tomorrow during my breaks from work. Anyone need a vote yet?

I've got high hopes for the big sweep. My scores are way low. However, Abercrombie and Fuck finally got the red H after hovering at 4.4 FOREVAH! :D

Kisses to ya'll

I am apparently in charge of showers so I figure we'll do this Turkish bath style. Who needs their back loofahed first? :)

I'm not putting in a third entry. Yesterday was just too full of drama that I took the whole day off today. However, I'm going to start reading and voting on the other entries tomorrow during my breaks from work. Anyone need a vote yet?

I've got high hopes for the big sweep. My scores are way low. However, Abercrombie and Fuck finally got the red H after hovering at 4.4 FOREVAH! :D

Kisses to ya'll

Hope tomorrow goes better for you Raven!! Enjoy the reading and thanks for the kisses!! Back at ya! :kiss:

Your slack-jawed lack of anything resembling comprehension certainly sheds some light on why you spend all your
time writing incest :D
This is Bob Barker saying help control the egotistical hack population -- have your scouries spayed or neutered.
Remember, friends don't let friends date first cousins.

... and the problem with this is?

i finished my a.i.r. summer lovin story... submitted it ... but...

first let me post this from the nipples thread - its excellent:

bce1c020cb4f.gif

Now, on to business!

Did any of you know that the word babysitter is not allowed in a stories title on LITEROTICA? At least that's what the automatic response machine told me.

I didn't. And I've got to tell you that it's not that easy to come up with a new title on the spur of the moment. I was all set to push "SUBMIT" and the machine said 'wait one minute my friend jim. babysitting is no go'.

WTF? In the end I quickly put in another title off the top of my head and submitted the story. But on reflection I must say I'm not very happy.

Aren't "babysitters" one of the most popular scenarios in erotic writing? Is there an association of babysitters somewhere who've lobbied LITEROTICA to have "babysitter" banned from all titles?

And if so what next? Angry nurses and doctors? Teachers? Ministers? All protesting.

I did put a note with the story asking that the original title be reinstated. I'm just hoping they will.

[size=+2]james r scouries esq.
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner
[/size]

What the Fuck!!!!

babysitter.jpg

I just did a search of LITEROTICA stories and there are literally hundreds with babysitter in their titles.

I'm pretty sure now that darkboy was up to another of his dirty tricks.

[/size]

I just did a search of LITEROTICA stories and there are literally hundreds with babysitter in their titles.

I'm pretty sure now that darkboy was up to another of his dirty tricks.
[/center]

[/size]

It must be a new thing. I know I couldn't use it in a tag before (nor can you use "baby" but you can use "sitter" or "sitting") but I definitely used it in a title! Of course that was years ago now... could be the system is now flagging titles as well as tags.

image.php
It must be a new thing. I know I couldn't use it in a tag before (nor can you use "baby" but you can use "sitter" or "sitting") but I definitely used it in a title! Of course that was years ago now... could be the system is now flagging titles as well as tags.

Very strange indeed!

When I did my search on the stories page (after I’d submitted my story with a new title) I just typed in “Babysitter” and 11 pages+ of results came up. I did find a couple from late 2009 on the first page of results.

And I’m embarrassed to admit I’d forgotten your famous “Babysitting the Baumgartens” series.

Perhaps more confusing is the fact that I think I used “babysitter” or “babysitting” as one of the story tags.

All it said, when I pushed the PREVIEW button, in big red letters was: the word “BABYSITTING” is not allowed – please change it (or something very close). Maybe they were advising me that they were rejecting the story tag and not the title?

If I knew how to resubmit a story I might try again. But then again maybe I’ll just wait to see if they correct it themselves and if they accept the story as it is.

Heck, as long as they get the authors name right!

[/size]

All it said, when I pushed the PREVIEW button, in big red letters was: the word “BABYSITTING” is not allowed – please change it (or something very close). Maybe they were advising me that they were rejecting the story tag and not the title?

I bet it was the tag. But I could be wrong - it's been a while since I've submitted a story here! You could always PM Laurel and ask.

It is the tag. Anything that has the word "baby" in it will come up as a red flag when used as a tag. It's been that way for as long as I've been posting.

found a bit of time to read up on this thread, was a blast *grins*

128785907863220271.jpg

can't wait for the next contest to start, then I'll be joining the madness (not sure if that's a good thing, but I promised I would. story is already finished even, just needs editing *looks innocently at Asylum*)

found a bit of time to read up on this thread, was a blast *grins*

128785907863220271.jpg

can't wait for the next contest to start, then I'll be joining the madness (not sure if that's a good thing, but I promised I would. story is already finished even, just needs editing *looks innocently at Asylum*)

Whoo Hoo! Welcome aboard, albeit early!

Tick-tock, peoples. Less than 48 hours to get those last-minute entries in. 11:59 PM EST on the 9th.

Then it's the week of the hungry, hungry Hoover.

Twenty stories so far with a 4.5 or above. That's actually pretty impressive before the sweeps start.

Five of those stories aren't eligible/qualified ( to my knowledge -- there could be more ) at the moment, so it's actually 15.

The actual range is 4.52 to 4.77, so it's quite the tight race as things stand ( even tigher near the top ) Ten different categories in those H-level stories. 12 have 100 votes or more ( up to the 900s ) with three more not far under that bar.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it for this contest.

Too much time organising other people has eroding my writing time and now I'm getting ready to go on holiday.

Never mind. I can turn some of the incomplete drafts into Halloween stories (but then I'll be in Paris!).

Og

I have to admit I’m hoping this one will win. And that it wins with over 1000 votes cast for it. My great fear is that it will suffer the same fate some of my and some of mr hear’s have – hundreds of votes swept away at the last minute. There is no worse feeling.

[size=+2]First Time[/size]
Top Rated Stories Submitted In:
Last 30 days

Rank Title & Author Rating (Votes)
[size=+2]Summer Sucks![/size]
His summer job clients suck. Literally. by Tx Tall Tales(09/01/10) 4.75 [size=+2](945)[/size]

image.php

A.I.R. Award winning author fighting off groupies…​

image.php
I bet it was the tag. But I could be wrong - it's been a while since I've submitted a story here! You could always PM Laurel and ask.

image.php
It is the tag. Anything that has the word "baby" in it will come up as a red flag when used as a tag. It's been that way for as long as I've been posting

You both could be right but the strange thing is that I only changed the title, not the tags when I resubmitted. And I didn’t get the red message the second time.

And why is the word baby banned anyway? And why only in the tags (if that’s the case) and not in the title?

Interestingly their How To explanation story on STORY TAGS contains no mention of banned words.

Story Tags by Manu

QUOTE ace He could just ask about it when he picked up his royalty check.

We use direct deposit now.

And if you’d seen the GENERAL BOARD last night you’d know the good QUEEN is not in the best of moods these days. I think it’s time we did something about those people.

[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA

Praise The Lord! It's Up...

...or in this case Praise the QUEEN :cattail:. and "BABYSITTING" is back in the title...

Emma's Summer Babysitting Job
by scouries©

258-D-7541.jpg

emma at the grotto?

Hi, this story is my official entry in the 2010 LITEROTICA Summer Lovin' Contest. It's also vying for a prize in the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS contest that runs concurrently.

It's your votes, the votes of readers around the world that will decide the contest winners -- please, after you've read the story, take the few extra seconds required to place your vote.

The sexual encounters described in this story involve only people who are 18 years old and over. Although fictionalized it is based on a true story.

Mid July 2009 Couries Village, Hopkins Island, Massachusetts...

Last edited:
There is no such thing as the AIR Awards or the 1000+ Vote Club or the 100+ Vote Club. These are all figments of Scouries imagination, made up by him, for him and his ego. Just another part of ScouriesFantasyWorld where Scouries ego is king.

His motto is, If you can't win a real contest or make a real Literotica list, make up your own. Only an oversizes ego would brag about winning a contest multiple times that he and he alone controls and then he has to use a fudge factor to make it work.

Praise The Lord! It's Up...

...or in this case Praise the QUEEN :cattail:. and "BABYSITTING" is back in the title...

Emma's Summer Babysitting Job
by scouries©

258-D-7541.jpg

emma at the grotto?

Hi, this story is my official entry in the 2010 LITEROTICA Summer Lovin' Contest. It's also vying for a prize in the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS contest that runs concurrently.

It's your votes, the votes of readers around the world that will decide the contest winners -- please, after you've read the story, take the few extra seconds required to place your vote.

The sexual encounters described in this story involve only people who are 18 years old and over. Although fictionalized it is based on a true story.

Mid July 2009 Couries Village, Hopkins Island, Massachusetts...

Just a thought, even though I read, voted, and commented on your contest story, I couldn't help but wonder, after seeing the graphic of the woman in the pool on the float and so many other your other great graphics, how come you don't write and enter an illustrated story in the contest.

Yes, I'm aware that you do not own many of the graphics that you post, but that shouldn't be a problem for a bright guy like you. After seeing how so many illustrated stories do so well with voting and hits, writing an illustrated story, if only to test waters may be something you might consider for the Halloween contest.

Me? I don't have that kind of imagination. Even though I appreciate and enamored by all that you do graphically on the site, I'm more a word guy that a picture guy. I prefer creating my own pictures with words than sharing the page with a picture. Dunno if you've ever comtemplated doing an illustrated story or if you've done an illustrated story before, but if you haven't, you may be wasting your talent.

Good luck in the contest.

And if you’d seen the GENERAL BOARD last night you’d know the good QUEEN is not in the best of moods these days. I think it’s time we did something about those people.

Maybe we should offer them a human sacrifice. I their favorite delicacy is idiots from Miami with over-inflated egos, poor reading comprehension and penis envy.

Wait, I think you fit the bill perfectly, scouries. Since you're so upset, why don't you offer yourself up to appease them?

Really, we wouldn't mind and I think most of the AH would be eternally grateful for you to make such a sacrifice for the site that's given you so much.

I can go over and let them know you're coming. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.

Back