What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in

the DJIA was down, reflecting increased disappointment with ObamaNomicks:cool:

tumblr_lu2bphuKGV1qbj52ro1_500.jpg

there is a MAX wage

its called

ABILITY

:cool:

If most people making that kind of money were talented I'd believe it but we both know most are born that way. Though I guess it fits that you want to live in a land of Kings and Queens and I want to live in a land where those with the most ability rise to the top. After all we both know you'd be nothing if ability had anything to do with your station in life.

"Poor people used to live in slums. Now the economically disadvantaged occupy substandard housing in the inner cities. And they're broke! They're broke! They don't have a negative cash-flow position. They're fucking broke! Cause a lot of them were fired. You know, fired. management wanted to curtail redundancies in the human resources area, so many people are no longer viable members of the workforce.

Smug, greedy, well-fed white people have invented a language to conceal their sins. It's as simple as that.

The CIA doesn't kill anybody anymore, they neutralize people...or they depopulate the area. The government doesn't lie, it engages in disinformation. The pentagon actually measures nuclear radiation in something they call sunshine units. Israeli murderers are called commandos. Arab commandos are called terrorists. Contra killers are called freedom fighters. Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"

George Carlin, "Euphemistic Language"

Obama: The Economy Is “Poised For Progress”

Ironically, he’s speaking in Texas, the state with the best economy in America and it’s based on conservative principles of low taxes, less regulation, lawsuit reform and balanced budgets.

Via RCP:
obama-smile-laugh-550x229.jpg

OBAMA: Our deficits are falling at the fastest rate in years. But now we’ve got to budget in a smarter way so it doesn’t hurt middle-class families or prevent us from making the critical investments that we need for your future.

So a lot of sectors of our economy are doing better. The American auto industry is thriving. American energy is booming. American ingenuity and our tech sector continues to be the best in the world and has the potential to change almost everything that we do. And thanks to the grit and determination of the American people, we’ve cleared away the rubble of the worst economic crisis in our lifetimes.

So we’re poised for progress. All across America, Americans are working harder and they’re living up to their responsibilities, both to themselves and to one another and to their communities — every single day. Part of our challenge, though, is you’ve got to try to see the same kind of seriousness of purpose in your leaders. From Washington to Wall Street, all of us have to commit ourselves to doing better than we’re doing now.

tumblr_mmhyh0hwx61qc4hseo1_500.jpg

Eliz. Warren wants to cut student interest rates to near zero

http://americablog.com/2013/05/elizabeth-warren-interest-rate-student-loans.html

Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has introduced her first piece of legislation. It’s called the Bank on Students Loan Fairness Act, and would reduce the rate students pay on federally-subsidized student loans for one year, from 3.4% to 0.75%.

Without congressional action, on July 1 the rate is set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%.

Warren brings up an interesting point – her bill simply asks students to pay the same rates that big banks pay for borrowing.

She’s literally just asking if college grads can get the same deal as bank CEOs. The exact same interest rate. Not even a bailout or anything fancy (pipe dreams!) - just the same interest rate.

She’s literally just asking if college grads can get the same deal as bank CEOs. The exact same interest rate. Not even a bailout or anything fancy (pipe dreams!) - just the same interest rate.[/I][/COLOR]

Wouldn't that be something to behold.

tumblr_mmhyh0hwx61qc4hseo1_500.jpg

Eliz. Warren wants to cut student interest rates to near zero

http://americablog.com/2013/05/elizabeth-warren-interest-rate-student-loans.html

Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has introduced her first piece of legislation. It’s called the Bank on Students Loan Fairness Act, and would reduce the rate students pay on federally-subsidized student loans for one year, from 3.4% to 0.75%.

Without congressional action, on July 1 the rate is set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%.

Warren brings up an interesting point – her bill simply asks students to pay the same rates that big banks pay for borrowing.

She’s literally just asking if college grads can get the same deal as bank CEOs. The exact same interest rate. Not even a bailout or anything fancy (pipe dreams!) - just the same interest rate.

So, you want to go to college, you borrow money and I'm sure you read the contract, now, you barely have to pay it back???

fuck that!

So, you want to go to college, you borrow money and I'm sure you read the contract, now, you barely have to pay it back???

fuck that!

Try again moron. Students pay back what they borrowed, with interest.

She wants to give student loans the same rates that are granted to banks that borrow money. Not a damned thing wrong with that.

Fucking bullshit! The rates should actually go up. lower rates encourage students to borrow more money than the quality of their degrees will be able to pay back. Simple truth. You, Obama and the liberals are fucked up on this.
We'll just see if your grandkids will be borrowing any money from you.

"Poor people used to live in slums. Now the economically disadvantaged occupy substandard housing in the inner cities. And they're broke! They're broke! They don't have a negative cash-flow position. They're fucking broke! Cause a lot of them were fired. You know, fired. management wanted to curtail redundancies in the human resources area, so many people are no longer viable members of the workforce.

Smug, greedy, well-fed white people have invented a language to conceal their sins. It's as simple as that.

The CIA doesn't kill anybody anymore, they neutralize people...or they depopulate the area. The government doesn't lie, it engages in disinformation. The pentagon actually measures nuclear radiation in something they call sunshine units. Israeli murderers are called commandos. Arab commandos are called terrorists. Contra killers are called freedom fighters. Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"

George Carlin, "Euphemistic Language"

this.

Fucking bullshit! The rates should actually go up. lower rates encourage students to borrow more money than the quality of their degrees will be able to pay back. Simple truth. You, Obama and the liberals are fucked up on this.

You clearly don't understand how student loans work. Not that I blame you, you went to college in the stone ages.

Why should students pay a higher rate of interest than a bank borrowing money? If either should be paying higher interest its the banks, who use the money they borrow to generate income for themselves by loaning that same money at a much higher interest rate.

You clearly don't understand how student loans work. Not that I blame you, you went to college in the stone ages.

You give him more credit than he deserves. I sincerely doubt he's ever seen the inside of a college classroom.

Try again moron. Students pay back what they borrowed, with interest.

She wants to give student loans the same rates that are granted to banks that borrow money. Not a damned thing wrong with that.

new loans sure, not existing loans.

Is that a good investment? I don't trust Merc as much as I trust you Koala. Only you can guide me.

I bought GM a while back and sold it for a substantial gain... I wanna say I bought around 19 when conservatives were cheering its dip and then sold for like 26 a month or so later. And I posted here at the time I made both transactions.

BB didn't like it because he wanted me to follow his secret squirrel stock tip. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back