What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dom's psychic powers.
He knows what I want before I ask for it.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Geeeeerrrrrrrrrrhhhhh!

During a conversation about duct tape
Him: Yanno, it really hurts when duct tape gets stuck to you and you have to ripppp it off.
Me: Yes, I know. :cattail::cattail:
I watched as the light bulb went off and he said with a huge grin like this :D on his face
OH"

No more holes to dig. At least for this week.

Also drugs. The legal kind that make your muscles relax and help you sleep.

Also gin.

Sweet, sweet gin. :heart:

Finding I have lost 6 pounds in 7 days just by cutting out dairy and nightshades and still eating as much as I want.

What are nightshades?

Potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and chillies, and aubergines.

I had a massive ("should I be looking to buy a wheelchair?") flare-up of my arthrtitis so had to do something drastic. I know dairy and tomatoes aggravate the hell out of my arthritis, and I'd read that other nightshades can be a problem too so I decided to cut it all out for a while (in recent months I had been eating whatever I wanted, including tons of cheese and yoghurt and tomatoes).

Am going great guns on the pain front, a week into this. Probably in another week I'll start reintroducing foods to see if they make the pain worse again.

Potatoes are first on the list. Potato starch seems to be an ingredient in every fucking prepared food you can buy - from stock cubes to mints!

Potatoes are first on the list. Potato starch seems to be an ingredient in every fucking prepared food you can buy - from stock cubes to mints!

Potato mints?

Wtf. Where is my gagging emoticon?!

Edit:

I can't find one. This one will have to do.

Being able to stand for about 30 minutes and actually do some light housework. LOL, didn't last long though.:eek:

I had a massive ("should I be looking to buy a wheelchair?") flare-up of my arthrtitis so had to do something drastic. I know dairy and tomatoes aggravate the hell out of my arthritis, and I'd read that other nightshades can be a problem too so I decided to cut it all out for a while (in recent months I had been eating whatever I wanted, including tons of cheese and yoghurt and tomatoes).

Am going great guns on the pain front, a week into this. Probably in another week I'll start reintroducing foods to see if they make the pain worse again.

Have you tried Glucosamine? My sister swears by it so much she refuses to give it up despite having diabetes. She has gone from nearly crippled to walking and moving freely without pain.

Moratoriums; the great outdoors; Flintstone car; creative ideas; the wonder of it all; and being pretty happy that this was one of the times I was wrong.

Last edited:
Have you tried Glucosamine? My sister swears by it so much she refuses to give it up despite having diabetes. She has gone from nearly crippled to walking and moving freely without pain.

Ooh top tip!

No, I never have - thanks.

I will see how low I can get the pain via diet, and then reintroduce foods to see what they do to the pain, so that I can get a clear view of what exactly aggravates the pain - and then I will try glucosamine!

Thanks again!

Ooh top tip!

No, I never have - thanks.

I will see how low I can get the pain via diet, and then reintroduce foods to see what they do to the pain, so that I can get a clear view of what exactly aggravates the pain - and then I will try glucosamine!

Thanks again!

Research on glucosamine (and chondroitin) is very inconclusive...studies don't give it much efficacy. BUT, that being said, there is so much anecdotal and single-case evidence that it DOES, that it's worth a try. No known negatives, so go for it! Didn't help me, but I hope it helps you.

Research on glucosamine (and chondroitin) is very inconclusive...studies don't give it much efficacy. BUT, that being said, there is so much anecdotal and single-case evidence that it DOES, that it's worth a try. No known negatives, so go for it! Didn't help me, but I hope it helps you.
Good points here. If there were notable side effects associated with glucosamine, it would probably be good to consider it only after consultation with your physician. BUT ... since they haven't shown any negative side effects, and there are lots of people who swear by it, it's worth a shot. If it doesn't help, you spent a little money and a little time trying it, with no gain, and no real loss. If it *does* help *you,* then you have added to the "anecdotal and single-case evidence," and can encourage others to give it a shot.

I tried it some years back and it seemed to help noticeably, but due to a couple of divorces, with subsequent decreased expendable income, ended up not taking it any more. Now that things are more stable in my life again, maybe I'll think about adding it back into my regimen (though, with close to 20 pills a day already in my routine <sigh> ...).

Turmeric is actually an old Ayurvedic remedy that when taken in therapeutic doses can really help with all sorts of body inflammation... and bonus is that it is easy to find and affordable. PM me if you want links to more info on it and I can pass them your way. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Turmeric is actually an old Ayurvedic remedy that when taken in therapeutic doses can really help with all sorts of body inflammation... and bonus is that it is easy to find and affordable. PM me if you want links to more info on it and I can pass them your way. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Thanks CiC. I actually use a lot of turmeric in my cooking (dried, powdered spice) anyway, as I cook Indian an awful lot (sadly, currently, without chillies!). Is that good enough?

Yay my car is working again :)

Putting the bloke atthe mobile phone company straight. I might not have won the war yet, but I believe that particular battle was mine ;)

My son makes me laugh every day!

It's funny how our kids can make us so exasperated and then, in the blink of an eye, make us laugh and smile! :)

Skirts; motorcycle rides; smile variations; not feeling weird about life; radio buttons; messy desks; that gorgeous stretch; blah blah blah being okay; baggy jeans; and light reflecting off clear glass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back