Writing for oneself, not for an audience

personal expression

When I first came across Literotica and read the stories I simply read them as 'porn'

however I soon became interested in writing a story myself.

I thought that I wanted to write a story that would be appreciated and voted on by whoever read it.

However I soon realised that what I was actually doing was getting all the fantasies and 'horny thoughts' out of my head and onto paper.

Now I don't know what readers think of my stories (although the votes would suggest they like them) but I quickly realised that I wasn't writing for them and that I was writing for other reasons.

In my stories I really try to get into the head of people involved and not just write a catalogue of sex scenes.

So as a long-winded answer to your question, I write solely to get my fantasies out there rather than pander to any populism
 
Depends on the pen name.

Some of my writing is for me, and some of it is for my audience.

I juggle several pen names, at least partially for just this reason.

I believe that most of the readers here are looking for a brand, and many of them will just KILL you for giving them anything but what they want. A lot of them will bomb you if they don't get the shiny happy ending that they crave.
 
My writing is mostly for myself and my need to express things that otherwise would remain buried in my overactive imagination.

I just started writing a few years ago on another site and I find that I do it primarily to clear my head. My writing tends to be sporadic as I have little time to write during certain times of the year, but when I do it just floods out.

I do appreciate that others enjoy my work and I know I'm very much an amateur and will likely always be just that. I don't really have the time to improve my writing skills other than by reading other's work, but for me it's more about getting it out of my head.
 
I am cognizant that I hope to make money off my writing and that causes some constraints in my writing and keeps marketability (somewhere) in my mind, but beyond that I'm writing it for personal enjoyment. Sometimes that personal enjoyment, though, is in exploring niches that don't personally turn me on--but the challenge of writing them is what provides enjoyment and reward.
 
Case in point

My most recent offering, 'Fatal Oath' is a story that I really needed to write. Yes, I 'needed to get it out of my head'.
While it is ostensibly a non-consent story, it is fair to say that it is more of a satire. I KNEW that the thing would get relentlessly bombed by the hardcore reluctance crowd, but then again, I wanted them to read it.
So it was for me...

I didn't dare post it under my other pen names. It wouldn't have been appreciated by them... and well... I'd rather my happy readers didn't bomb me.
 
Back
Top