Is cheating a fetish?

Ratchetman1982

Checking for leaks
I don't mean having an affair. I mean a constant need to cheat. With as many people as you can. Is that a fetish or just a messed up obsession? Discuss.

I don't mean having an affair. I mean a constant need to cheat. With as many people as you can. Is that a fetish or just a messed up obsession? Discuss.

I love sex and seem to enjoy it most when I have several lovers. I don’t pretend to any one of them that I am exclusive, but there are plenty of other things I like to do. So not an obsession.

So, would you say it's a fetish?

I love sex and seem to enjoy it most when I have several lovers. I don’t pretend to any one of them that I am exclusive, but there are plenty of other things I like to do. So not an obsession.

Then you're not cheating.

I personally don't consider cheating a fetish because, by definition, there is non-consent involved. I don't consider rape a fetish either (and I don't mean "play rape" or consensual non-consent).

To me, if you can't get off without lying to your partner about it, then you have issues and calling it a fetish gives you something to hide behind.

If you define cheating as sneaking around behind your significant other 's back. Having sex with others without that knowledge or approval. And you're enjoying "the thrill" of cheating then I'd say its a fetish.

For me personally it's not appealing, but it is indeed a fetish that has a whole bunch of kinks related to it.

However, the way you explained the "constant need" to cheat in your opening post sounds indicative of sexual addiction, an aversion to monogamy, and/or using sex as a maladaptive coping or defense mechanism.

Back