50 shades

content of book and ideas in it - yeah sure why not, but nothing in it I haven't already done (essentially anyways)

actually how it is written......... rubbish
I've read much better put together stories on Lit

but I'm a little opinionated with 'literature' , I'm an English teacher.
 
I'll go with this quote from Kirstie Alley~
"pffft! I lived with a guy who makes christian grey seem like justin bieber."
~oh, and gotta add this-once, when asked to describe kirstie alley, ted danson replied (with that look of his) "the biker chick from hell"
God i love kirstie!
 
Last edited:
Couldn't stand the Anastasia character. Just ugh. Halfway through reading that book, forget about Christian Grey, I wanted to beat her ass. It was like reading Twilight, but without the sparkly vampires, and the addition of kinky sex.
 
I have not read it, and never will.

From what I have heard of it, it is nothing like what I picture a D/s relationship to be.
 
Last edited:
Needless to say, the ability of this to get me off is nil. Not so for all M/f stuff - Carrie's Story is a well written ignored predecessor to this if you like grad school femsubs.

I write for profit, less for fun.

It has given the world the most easily and profitably replicate-able storyline since the Odyssey. Check amazon and every smut top seller involves a billionaire and a naif. Or werewolves.

I'm trying to predict the next "thing" and waiting for this to simply go away.
 
It has given the world the most easily and profitably replicate-able storyline since the Odyssey. Check amazon and every smut top seller involves a billionaire and a naif. Or werewolves.

I'm trying to predict the next "thing" and waiting for this to simply go away.

Heh, sometimes on a good day, a search for "dark" erotica will yield pretty good results for me. I have been able to find a few great stories that didn't contain a billionaire or anything even close to what would be dubbed "mommy porn".
 
Not a good book in many ways. However, it was widely received by the primarily vanilla population that felt all tingly because they think that soap opera was real.
 
Half way through the 1st volume, all i could think of was~is "crap" the only word this chick knows?
I barely got got into the 2nd vol and just threw it all away.
 
Couldn't stand the Anastasia character. Just ugh. Halfway through reading that book, forget about Christian Grey, I wanted to beat her ass. It was like reading Twilight, but without the sparkly vampires, and the addition of kinky sex.

I will say it was a really interesting read. I read it together with a friend and we found ourselves so exasperated by her at points we'd have to put the book down for a few days or a week and come back later. One big complaint tended to revolve around how many times she went out somewhere and was wearing someone else's clothing! That just ground my gears for some reason. Though the end made me want to throw her over a damn cliff!

I can't say I enjoyed their little cutesy emails back and forth but in a way it seemed unique for a book but it gave the impression that it was just to fill space.

In spite of all, I would want to finish out the series. Only if she buys a wardrobe of her own! ;):rolleyes:
 
Back
Top