What pissed you off today? Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 'therapist for psychoenergetic treatments" moved into the neighborhood.

Her hourly rate: USD 900 :eek: (she bills 20 minute sessions)

And she has customers every week! And there is really no sex involved!

WTF is wrong with people?!

Any idea how she got into the business? Inquiring minds want to know how to get such a gig.

Any idea how she got into the business? Inquiring minds want to know how to get such a gig.

I have no idea. And no idea how her customers find her, but her catchment area is around 75 miles.

I really do hope that such scammers are experts in body language, like The Mentalist.

But I worry that there are just enough desperate and stupid people around that the only trait you need is unscrupulousness.

I was pondering the idea to stand in front of her house with a vendors tray and sell psycho-energetic crystals to the customers. But do you want to mess with someone who obviously can afford a better lawyer than you? Still tempted, not sure which part of me will win.

Complications from tooth stuff. It's been throbbing for almost two weeks now, and the dentist doesn't know what's up. I'm gobbling Advil like skittles, which helps for about four hours. At four hours and five minutes... WHAM!!

Ugh.

Complications from tooth stuff. It's been throbbing for almost two weeks now, and the dentist doesn't know what's up. I'm gobbling Advil like skittles, which helps for about four hours. At four hours and five minutes... WHAM!!

Ugh.
I'm not saying this is what's going on with you, but I've had similar symptoms when the dentist thought the tooth either needed pulled or a root canal. As it turns out, the throbbing and sensitivity goes away and my tooth is fine. My dentist says this shouldn't happen, but it does, at least in my case.

I had a pinched nerve a couple of years ago and went for physical therapy. While there, I got to talking to the therapist about this occasional tooth thing I'd sometimes get that my dentist couldn't figure out. She got out a book that showed how the nerves of the neck are related to those in the teeth and said maybe my neck was out of adjustment or some muscles were tensed up and that was affecting the nerves in my teeth.

This makes sense to me, partly because it eventually goes away and partly because the dentist says it won't, if it's tooth related. I'd guess you've had X-rays of the tooth and there is no abscess? Maybe you need to visit a chiropractor or a sexy masseuse.

I'm not saying this is what's going on with you, but I've had similar symptoms when the dentist thought the tooth either needed pulled or a root canal. As it turns out, the throbbing and sensitivity goes away and my tooth is fine. My dentist says this shouldn't happen, but it does, at least in my case.

I had a pinched nerve a couple of years ago and went for physical therapy. While there, I got to talking to the therapist about this occasional tooth thing I'd sometimes get that my dentist couldn't figure out. She got out a book that showed how the nerves of the neck are related to those in the teeth and said maybe my neck was out of adjustment or some muscles were tensed up and that was affecting the nerves in my teeth.

This makes sense to me, partly because it eventually goes away and partly because the dentist says it won't, if it's tooth related. I'd guess you've had X-rays of the tooth and there is no abscess? Maybe you need to visit a chiropractor or a sexy masseuse.

Interesting. Thanks. Sounds like you lucked out with that PT. I makes sense. I am concerned that I will need a root canal, and I do NOT have a good history with root canals. I have an appointment next week, so we'll see. I am ready to be done with this.

A sexy masseuse would help tide me over though.

Interesting. Thanks. Sounds like you lucked out with that PT. I makes sense. I am concerned that I will need a root canal, and I do NOT have a good history with root canals. I have an appointment next week, so we'll see. I am ready to be done with this.

A sexy masseuse would help tide me over though.
Yeah, it seems dentists are quick with the root canal thing. It's seen as a way to save the tooth and you are suppose to be happy that they can do that. Sorry, just playing with you.

I don't know what the big deal is with people not liking root canals. Well, I don't like them, but I don't mind them, either. Oh, the price hurts quite a bit, but other than that, I don't really mind them. There was one time when I was able to watch the whole thing on a camera. They were teaching others about root canals. I thought that was cool to see how they do everything.

I guess the main thing people are bothered by is the pain. I've never had much pain after a root canal and I've always made sure there wasn't any pain during, either. If I'm paying for this and it's suppose to be a painless procedure (and they want me to be as still as possible, so any pain is really going against their desires, too), I'm going to complain if there is any pain. I make that perfectly clear in the beginning.

They have a schedule to keep, wanting to get you in and out so they can bring in the next person. The more they can get to in a day, the more they make. So, they want to start working on you before the shots have completely set in. We are paying for this so we need to make it perfectly clear before they start that there won't be any pain. Tell them you're a wimp, or you throw up when there is any pain. Anything you need to say that gets their attention. Damn it, here must not be any pain.

These people usually work on word of mouth or dentist referrals so you have the edge. If you aren't satisfied, you can tell others. And, if you ARE satisfied, you can also sing the praises of the time you had a root canal and it didn't hurt. It's a win-win proposition.

My bleeping cake broke and now I'm trying to fix it and my mixer is really pissing me off. And I'm sick of damn cake!

Yeah, it seems dentists are quick with the root canal thing. It's seen as a way to save the tooth and you are suppose to be happy that they can do that. Sorry, just playing with you.

I don't know what the big deal is with people not liking root canals. Well, I don't like them, but I don't mind them, either. Oh, the price hurts quite a bit, but other than that, I don't really mind them. There was one time when I was able to watch the whole thing on a camera. They were teaching others about root canals. I thought that was cool to see how they do everything.

I guess the main thing people are bothered by is the pain. I've never had much pain after a root canal and I've always made sure there wasn't any pain during, either. If I'm paying for this and it's suppose to be a painless procedure (and they want me to be as still as possible, so any pain is really going against their desires, too), I'm going to complain if there is any pain. I make that perfectly clear in the beginning.

They have a schedule to keep, wanting to get you in and out so they can bring in the next person. The more they can get to in a day, the more they make. So, they want to start working on you before the shots have completely set in. We are paying for this so we need to make it perfectly clear before they start that there won't be any pain. Tell them you're a wimp, or you throw up when there is any pain. Anything you need to say that gets their attention. Damn it, here must not be any pain.

These people usually work on word of mouth or dentist referrals so you have the edge. If you aren't satisfied, you can tell others. And, if you ARE satisfied, you can also sing the praises of the time you had a root canal and it didn't hurt. It's a win-win proposition.

You nailed it. Pain. A few years ago I had I have a root canal. My first. In the middle of the procedure, I screamed and literally jumped out of the dentist chair. Everything went flying and I almost gave the staff coronaries. The tooth had been infected and to top it off, not enough novacaine. Now, if there's any doubt - any - I get antibiotics beforehand. And I ask for the giant clown show prop hypodermic needle full of novacaine, four beers and a mallet to the head.

It was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt an I would have given them every state secret and begged to tell 'em more.

Sorry to begin everyone's Saturday with dental pain!! Carry on.

You nailed it. Pain. A few years ago I had I have a root canal. My first. In the middle of the procedure, I screamed and literally jumped out of the dentist chair. Everything went flying and I almost gave the staff coronaries. The tooth had been infected and to top it off, not enough novacaine. Now, if there's any doubt - any - I get antibiotics beforehand. And I ask for the giant clown show prop hypodermic needle full of novacaine, four beers and a mallet to the head.

It was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt an I would have given them every state secret and begged to tell 'em more.

Sorry to begin everyone's Saturday with dental pain!! Carry on.

You know, there are some dental facilities out there that will put you entirely UNDER and do a lot of work at once instead of piecemeal work while you're awake. If you're concerned, you could always look into one? This is why when we do dentals on dogs, we put them under full anaesthesia. Inevitably, most dogs will need SOMETHING extracted. If I'm pulling a fairly major tooth, like a molar or a premolar that's still fairly "rooted", I numb that whole portion of the mouth at the nerve. So maybe humans just need to start biting their dentists and they can get the same treatment? :p

You know, there are some dental facilities out there that will put you entirely UNDER and do a lot of work at once instead of piecemeal work while you're awake. If you're concerned, you could always look into one? This is why when we do dentals on dogs, we put them under full anaesthesia. Inevitably, most dogs will need SOMETHING extracted. If I'm pulling a fairly major tooth, like a molar or a premolar that's still fairly "rooted", I numb that whole portion of the mouth at the nerve. So maybe humans just need to start biting their dentists and they can get the same treatment? :p

I like your idea! At this point, yes, I am all for it. Do I get treats? A squeaky toy?

Even though it doesn't answer the real problem, I am going to get a percoset prescription filled today, because I am tired of a)throbbing pain, and b)being a crabby, snappish ass because of said pain.

:heart:

I like your idea! At this point, yes, I am all for it. Do I get treats? A squeaky toy?

Even though it doesn't answer the real problem, I am going to get a percoset prescription filled today, because I am tired of a)throbbing pain, and b)being a crabby, snappish ass because of said pain.

:heart:

I know you're just crabby enough to not want your day suddenly filled with sappy joyfulness and cotton-candy sweetness, but there is only one known cure for the degree of fear of the dentist that you and I share. It's that thing that's as predictable as taxes. In my 60 years of hating dentists like the Satans incarnate that they all are, it's the only true cure I believe exists.

People who ask for other people's opinions and when they find that opinion differs from their own, have a snitfit.

I know you're just crabby enough to not want your day suddenly filled with sappy joyfulness and cotton-candy sweetness, but there is only one known cure for the degree of fear of the dentist that you and I share. It's that thing that's as predictable as taxes. In my 60 years of hating dentists like the Satans incarnate that they all are, it's the only true cure I believe exists.

Groan.

The other one seems to be watching the toothache scene from "Cast Away."

I have a big bag of frozen blueberries jammed against my check and it's making me a little hungry but doing nothing for this throbathon.

Thanks for the perspective, MWY.

What's the point of putting up a job posting if you only have a five day application window? That's bloody idiocy. (For some reason, I'm using a British accent here, work with me.)

I loathe job hunting, truly I do.

What's the point of putting up a job posting if you only have a five day application window? That's bloody idiocy. (For some reason, I'm using a British accent here, work with me.)

I loathe job hunting, truly I do.

They probably already have someone they want to hire, but have to announce the position open for bureaucratic reasons. At least here it happens evey now and again (ie. too often).

I used to live near somebody who ran a reiki business for pets.

Groan.

The other one seems to be watching the toothache scene from "Cast Away."

I have a big bag of frozen blueberries jammed against my check and it's making me a little hungry but doing nothing for this throbathon.

Thanks for the perspective, MWY.

Try putting ice cubes in your mouth and using your tongue to hold them directly on the painful part of your gum. YAKHIKT

It pissed me off that my husband was out riding with that redhead

It pissed me off this morning that, my husband was up at dawn, That redhead divorce was waiting out front with an Appi, He dressed warm Got his wellingtons on swung his leg over the saddle and they left without me. She was in some very tight jeans and leather coat, gloves Husband in a sheepskin coat. She said they were going to high canyon for the day wherever that is and see if there were some cattle to drive out, she just wanted to see if my husband remembered how to handle a horse. She also asked if he could still shot a .30-.30. told him we were going to get him well and he was going to be like he once was.
I think there is also some type of range shack up there, She is going to fuck him.
This time there isn't a reciprocation option for me.

"Today was fun it was my last day of tafe for the year and I was ask by the teachers to go to the open day for next years students and talk about my experience at tafe and I got sandwiches"

The above is a direct cut and paste from a friend's facebook post (quotation marks excepted).

I'm annoyed for two reasons:

a) This person graduated from an aged care nursing course. People's lives are going to be in her hands.

b) Guys throw themselves at her. She's 19, 5ft 10 and a US 6 with e cup boobs. Proof positive that when a person with a y chromasome tells you that looks aren't important, they're lying their arses off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back