Daughter bribe to the Vampire Lord

Lordmikel

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Posts
2,178
I found this article to talk about life during this time period
http://www.localhistories.org/stuart.html

Lord William had been in charge of these lands for quite a number of years. The land was descended from grandfather to grandson, who always had the same name. It always seemed to skip a generation, or at least it had the past few times. Not that anyone was alive who remember it. But that was simply how the story went. In fact the land was just passed down about a month ago.

Indeed Lord William had inherited these lands, but really it was from himself. Lord William was a vampire. It would seem strange for one man to have lived for so long, so periodically Lord William "died" and Lord William, his grandson, took over the lands.

At a time when witches her still hung, being a vampire wouldn't be much better. Lord William supposed that witches would probably always be hung, so that comparison might not be sound.

He was coming towards his latest home to collect taxes from. Since he was the "New Lord William" it always made sense to introduce himself to people. It was one of the few times he saw these people, unless their was an problem, but normally he let his underlings collect taxes.

As he pulled up to the house, "Ho, I'm here for the taxes."
 
Mary Elizabeth Bennett was a ginger haired beauty born into the wrong class. Her parents and their parents had worked the lands for Lord Williams generations for as far back as she knew. Her hands were worn from handling the plow and picking the vegetables they sold at market.

This year however a plague had seen fit to take a good portion of the workers. Her intended Thomas was one of them. There was no love other then friendship between them. She missed him dearly and now at 18 was considered a burden to her parents.

The harvest came up short and so did the money for taxes. Before the day of collection her father Henry sat down with her and her mother. "We cannot pay the taxes so we're offering you to the Lord as a servant to work off our debt."

"How long father?" She questioned in distaste. "How long must i stay there?"

Her father lowered his head slightly "A year maybe more I'm sorry girl but we have mouths to feed and we'll be lucky to do it even if his Lordship agrees to this."

Mary withheld the tears and rage. They would do no good. Family came first and she knew that what her father had spoken was true. She was luckier then most of her class she could read and write.

The next day the rooster woke them and she attended her chores as she always did. Then filled a burlap sack with her belongings. When the new Lord stopped at her home her father was ready.

Taking his daughter with him and her sack in tow he bowed to his Lordship and she did a slight curtsy keeping her head lowered.

"My Lord, i apologize that we do not have the taxes that are owed to you. Instead we offer our eldest daughter to work them off at your fitting. She is a hard worker, and fit as a mule. She can read and write, and takes commands well. She's not a daft girl and would serve you well. Please your lordship take pity on us. The plague took many that worked the fields and left us with little to even feed our own children."
 
Lord William heard these kinds of stories in the past. The downtrodden unable to pay. As luck would have it, William did need a new member of staff. He looked at her and nodded. "Yes, she will do nicely, if she is as good as you claim, you may consider your taxes paid for next year as well." William knew he could be this generous, as the girl came at the perfect opportunity for him. He had plans ... and this girl would fit in nicely.

His eyes roamed her body, taking in every inch of her, part predator in the look, but also part captivating. "I keep strange hours, as I'm sure you are aware." It was true as many commented over the years how the Lord's was afflicted with a strange disease that prohibited him from going out into the sunlight. It ran in the family, or at least so the story goes. The truth was sadly more deadly, as sunlight would kill him. If he had recently fed, he might be able to survive a few minutes, but William always preferred to be safe and avoid the sunlight.

William finally offered his hand to Mary to help her onto his horse, "Tell me your name please." He said it to be quite charming, as he could be at times. "We will need to return to my place now, I have no wish to bore you with my tax collecting."
 
"Oh you are most gracious Mi Lord" her father bellowed and bowed in such relief from the burden of taxes for two years being fulfilled by his daughter working them off.

She took the Lords hand and allowed herself to be hoisted upon his steed. "My name is Mary Sir." she replied softly. "Yes sir I am aware of your hours". she added acknowledging she had heard the rumors of the late nights and sleep during the day.

"As you wish Mi Lord" she added to his comment about returning back to his mansion.

When they arrived she was quite taken with the grandness of his home. She had of course seen it from a distance but never so close. She followed him in and down to the servants quarters where he handed her off to the head house keeper.

She was to share a room with another girl whose name was Lucy. Lucy was quite plain and just as quiet as she was. With a small meal she was told she wouldn't start until the next day.

Mary sat in her room grateful for the soft bed, but wondering what her life would hold for her here. He seemed to be a kind man, the head house keeper Ruth seemed a bit stern, and so far that was all of the acquaintances she'd had.

She stayed up until daylight and then finally fell asleep. She was woken an hour before night fall to begin her cleaning in the halls. Dusting, sweeping and mopping where her main duties as explained to her. She was to stay out of the Lords way and absent if he had company.
 
So far William was enjoying his new helper, she was quiet and tended to avoid him as much as she could. But sadly, that was not in line with what he needed. The current movement in circles, 'Do not believe the Greek Philosophers as fact, but instead the "Scientific experiment" must prevail. He had just finished one of the latest books on the subject and wanted a second opinion.

It took him awhile to find Mary, she was busy dusting ... William looked around, what was this room? No matter. "Mary" he called to her. "I want you to read this and tell me what you think. Your father said you could read, now you need to prove it."
 
0504443f4a997a686cc5e2ae3b890ad2.jpg
Mary looked up a bit startled and put down her rag. Wiping her hands on her apron she walked forward to Lord William and did a slight curtsy.

"As you wish sir" she replied softly taking the hardbound book from him. Reading the title she smiled softly. "I haven't read this book Mi Lord but I've read others like it. It's about the war between philosophy and science. In my opinion sir one doesn't have to choose between the two. In fact there is validity in both. It is simply a matter of finding what appeals to your senses and judgement and to what principles one is willing to stick to. Science is the wave of the future sir, philosophy was the way of the past. There is no shame in holding values in both."

Mary smiled lightly and handed the book back to him lowering her head once again.

This was the first time someone had asked her opinion on anything of such importance and was quite flatter that a lord such as he would look for an opinion from a peasant. She couldn't read the expression upon his face. Perhaps she said too much or said something which offended his own belief. 'Perfect Mary', she scolded herself 'already forgetting your place'.

She shuffled her feet slightly looking down to the ground as she waited for his response or to be excused.
 
"Perfect Mary" William responded as he took the book back from her. "I do like a woman who can speak her mind and that is exactly what I want you to be doing tonight." He looked at what she was wearing. "I will need you to go and put on something fancier for tonight. We are off to the theater."

He paused as he thought through a few items, "The play is Othello, by Shakespeare." William smiled at that last part. He knew Shakespeare many years ago. In fact he supported the young playwright in the earlier stages of his career. Of course those were times long ago, and sadly not anything he can discuss with anyone these days.

"You be this same charming woman you are now, and people will most certainly take notice. But no staring at the ground after you speak, it is quite distracting."
 
"I'm afraid Mi Lord i have nothing 'fancy' to wear. Such luxuries are not afforded when you're a laborer. Where would i have worn such a dress that would acceptable in society?"

"I"ll get her dressed Mi Lord" Ruth interrupted rushing the girl off to the upstairs. Mary looked in aww at the upper rooms where she hadn't been as of yet. Ruth went into a closet and started bringing out the items she would need.

By the time she was dressed Mary didn't recognize herself. She looked like a proper lady. "I can't wear this" Mary announced to Ruth.
"Nonsense girl, you will do as the Lord requests." Ruth retorted in her same stern matter. "Now turn around and let me see."

Mary turned around as instructed. After some brief instructions on proper curtsying and how to use a fan.
It almost seemed to Mary that this wasn't Ruths first time dressing a girl of her station.

Slowly she descended the grand staircase slowly as Lord William awaited her at the bottom.
 
Lord William watched as Mary came down the steps. She certainly did clean up very well. The dress clung to her body and looked quite captivating. If he didn't have other plans tonight, he would consider staying in with her. He smiled at her, "You do look lovely tonight." His voice sounded a bit predatory as if he could simply eat Mary up.

As she came down stairs, he bows, taking her hand and kissing it delicately. "It will be quite the pleasure to escort you tonight. I have arranged for the carriage to take us, as it would behoove us for our stature. Tonight, you are not a simple peasant, but you are instead my date and companion, always remember that."

His smile become much more charming as he offered his arm to her. "We will be meeting people while we are there, husbands with their wives, and too often I am told I seem to spend too much time with the women or the women are bored when I talk to their husband for too long. It seems I cannot win in either way, so I am hoping your being with me will counter the issues."

Course one reason rumors of Sir William spent too much time with the wives is that he did. Women, especially married ones were always wanting to go into the shadows, and once there, they always made for a tasty snack.
 
Mary smiled at his comment and blushed as he kissed her hand. "I will do my best Mi Lord" she said looking into his eyes and giving him a proper curtsy. Taking his arm they went out to the carriage that awaited them. Mary looked at awe at it as she'd never been in one before.

They traveled to the theater which she had only seen from the outside once or twice in her life. Of course she knew about Shakespeare, but had never had the privilege to see one herself.

It wasn't ever heard of that a Lord would go out with a peasant. It was illegal for one to dress above their station in life. Or so she had been told by her parents. But here she was on the arm of a handsome Lord attending a play with the elite of society.

Mary remembered Lord Williams instructions and kept her eyes to that of others. She answered questions with thought and intelligence creating quite a stir as to where she came from and who she was. All questions of such nature she would simply smile and change the topic.
 
William was quite pleased with how Mary was handling herself. She was even able to avoid certain questions like a pro. She was certainly quite capable of herself. He finally saw two of the people he was most interested in chatting to. Not for reasons of friendliness, but for reasons of business.

"Ah Lord Tyrell, it is wonderful to see you." He shakes the man's hand. "And Lady Tyrell, excellent to see you as well." He leans and and gives Lady Tyrell a kiss on the cheek. The man was older and more heavy set, it was obvious he was rich and did not work for a living. His wife was much younger and very pretty.

"Have you given any thought to selling me that horse?"

"Always direct to business there William. You know I won't discuss anything like that until after the play?" He finally spies Mary, "And who is this charming thing?"

OOC> Feel free to control them as you need
 
Mary gave a slight curtsy and held out her hand to the gentleman. "my name is Mary tis a pleasure to meet you" she said softly with perfect diction. Her eyes danced as she briefly caught her masters eyes.

She was glad when the doors opened and people began to go into the theater to take their seats. Taking Williams arm he led her to his private box. This was the first time she'd ever been to a play. She was taken back by all of its grander.

The play was a comedy and a tragedy and so she laughed and cried with the rest of the audience. Sooner then she wished it was over and they were back to mingle with society.

On the carriage ride home she fell asleep.
 
OOC> Welcome back

It did not take much time after the play for William to purchase the horse. It would be delivered by the evening. The new horse would be a good breeder, which is what William was wanting. He saw how tired Mary was, she wasn't used to late nights as of yet.

As the carriage carried them both home, he saw as Mary fell asleep. He easily picked her up and carried her to her bed, admiring her as she stood over her.
 
Mary rolled over into her soft down bed and smiled as she slept. She dreamed of the shiny chandeleers that were prominent in the theater. She loved the way the light danced off of them and shimmered. Instead of it being the theater it transformed in her dream to be a ball. The most glorious balls ever held in her county. There were musicians playing and people dancing in their finest gowns and suits.

Then a hand reached out to her. Her eyes looked up into his as he took her hand and pulled her to him twirling with her out onto the floor. "your eyes keep them with mine" he had told her in her dream as they went into the center of the floor and everyone made a circle around them.

Her eyes studied his strong jaw line and perfect nose. She watched the way his lips curled up as he smiled, and admired is strong prominent shoulders. She could feel the eyes upon her as they had been earlier.

In truth it made her a bit self conscious. Except when she looked in his eyes. His smile seemed to portray his pleasure in having her on his arm. Then her dream took a turn the lights dimmed and people became shadows. The doors opened and the lightening illuminated the outdoor sky. "Remember your place" Thomas voice echoed through the room. "You are but a servant" He then declared and the gasps in the room echoed in shock and disbelief. Then her Lord slowly began to fade away as he stepped back with the rest of the crowd his hand slowly leaving hers. The utter feeling of lonliness swept over her and tears fell from her eyes waking her to the sound of loud thunder and flashes of lighting outside.

Lucy lay in her bed asleep softly snoring through the storm. Mary was a little confused over how she got in bed but more distraught over the dream she had. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness allowing her to make out the shapes of the furnishings. Mary opened the shutters to peer out and saw the sun slowly coming down. She had managed to sleep from the wee morning all the way to almost night.

Changing out of the fine dress she was placed in bed with she washed herself and brushed out her hair. She sighed lightly as she then placed her plain maids dress back on and waited for the knock at her door to tell them it was time to rise.

Soon enough it came and she went down to the kitchen to eat while others slowly drifted in waking up. It was quite odd the hours they kept. But it was to his lords wishes so that is the way most of the house was ran with the exception of the groundskeeper and some of the guards.
 
William did his normal routine. He was always looking towards the future. Over the years he watched as others of his kind forgot to adapt, and were passed and eventually slain. One needs to adapt and learn and love.

As the new maid entered, he smiled at her, "You looked quite fetching last night, and did quite well." He looked at her, "How would you like to do something else tonight?"
 
Mary looked up at him her eyes flashing in surprise. She hadn't anticipated in seeing him so soon. She blushed at his compliment and was taken back by his question. "It was my pleasure to be of service to you sir."she responded softly and then added to his question "If its your wish sir" was all she could bother to mutter.

Of course she wanted to spend more time alone with him. He was dashing and charming and completely unlike any man she had met before. Of course he was also a gentleman and she was not of his class.

She struggled with this as she went about her cleaning until she was fetched to get ready for another evening out. The head housekeeper didn't say much other then the typical "turn, suck in, stand still, tilt your head, and give your foot"

If anything the housekeeper seemed to be in poorer then normal spirits. It was clear she took no pleasure in the task of getting her ready. Why should she? Mary was below her in rank and her tasks were being set on to others to do while she accompanied the Lord to whatever he fancied.

Slowly she descended down the staircase with the ivory gown flowing behind her. Reaching his lordship she gave him a curtsy and lowered her eyes as accustom to her station. He looked dashing as he had the night before. She could sense eyes glaring at her from some of the other maids. Why was he choosing her to make these outings with.

He didn't seem to take notice to anything but her as he held out her arm and she took it following him out to the carriage. Once inside and seated she asked him quietly "May i ask where we are going Sir?" her eyes still not connectin to his.
 
William escorts her out to dinner. This time it is a much quiet affair for it is simply the two of them. The candles at that table cast a dim light, but William seemed unaffected by it. He seemed to be enjoying watching Mary. "You do look most ravishing tonight Mary." He said quietly, the words seemed to ooze sexual tension. His eyes seemed to blaze with passion as he talked casually about his estate and his life.

He was quite captivated by her, and he planned to bed her. William hoped for tonight, as he hoped to remove that dress from her body, but he would have to wait and see how the night progressed.

"And you, how are you enjoying your time?"
 
He said nothing when she asked where they were going. It wasn't until they arrived at the eatery, that she knew it was for a meal. The tables were spread apart enough to create the setting of an intimate dinner for two.

This made her uncomfortable. She was dressed above her station and practically alone with her her employer. Then he made the comment once again about how ravishing she was. She should have been flattered but the words seeped angst into her body.

He didn't seem to notice her uncomfortable stature as he went on about himself, his family and his land. This man was accustom to getting whatever it is he desired whenever he desired it Mary realized as he talked.

Other then his lack of response he had been a perfect gentleman. But something told her that at some point he would expect more. She would not lower herself to being his whore. There was simply no possibility of that happening.

He broke her thought process by asking her a question of whether she was enjoying herself. Mary looked up from her plate into his eyes and contemplated her words very carefully.

"As much as i appreciate the opportunity to be your companion for the evening. I don't feel comfortable any longer doing so. I am sure one of the other servants will fit whatever your needs are much better then i can, or will."

There were the beginning of tears in her eyes as she spoke to him. "Please enjoy your meal i'll wait for you in the carriage." With that she rose to leave.
 
William realizes he was wrong about this one. She has no desires nor passions. She simply wants to live and exist and not move forward in life. He finished his meal, drinking some wine and making her wait in the carriage.

The ride home was quiet and somber. Once there William did not escort her inside, letting her fend for herself.
 
It had been a few months since that fated night. Sir William was never present during the day, instead seemed to sleep the day away. At night he was all business, making deals, socializing. He always seemed full of life and energy.

Tonight there was quite the party happening. Quite a few of the wealthy were going to be here tonight. It should be quite the party.
 
Back
Top