Deep purple.

glynndah

good little witch.
I just dyed my hair a much darker shade of violet than I intended. Think "Smoke on the Water". I'm going to have to develop some serious attitude by tomorrow morning to be able to pull this off.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

Post a hair pic! A punk good little witch. You'll nail it.

I want to see! What brand do you use? Last time I used purple, I had to retouch it up every 4 days. It was a nightmare.

I want to see! What brand do you use? Last time I used purple, I had to retouch it up every 4 days. It was a nightmare.

I have enough grey in my hair so the colour shows up quite nicely.

I used this. Purple Passion and Not So Shy Violet.

Picture+601.jpg

Purple is it's own attitude. Just be who you are, except proud of your purple tresses!

Jealous! Always wanted to try having purple hair, but never had (and still don't have) the guts to pull it off. Given how you'd actually gone through with the dye process, I'm sure you'll be fine :) A photo of your tresses if you'd be so kind, please!

Aaah! So cool!

I've thought about doing that, purple is my favorite.

It must not really be as violently violet as it seems to me. Not a single kindergartner said anything today.

Jealous! Always wanted to try having purple hair, but never had (and still don't have) the guts to pull it off. Given how you'd actually gone through with the dye process, I'm sure you'll be fine :) A photo of your tresses if you'd be so kind, please!
I did it very gradually, for the most part. Since my hair is quite grey {Oh, silver sounds so much better}, I use one of the "purple" shampoos to keep it from yellowing. That tints it just a bit. I bought the hair dyes and added some to the bottles of shampoo and conditioner {about 3 parts shampoo or conditioner to 1 part dye} and left it on for a few minutes in the shower. Since I was quite pleased with the results, I decided to go a bit bolder with the colour.

Aaah! So cool!

I've thought about doing that, purple is my favorite.
Purple's my favourite, too. Fortunately I work at a grade school whose colours are purple and white so I fit right in.

Purple's my favourite, too. Fortunately I work at a grade school whose colours are purple and white so I fit right in.

That is so cool. I'm afraid my hair would die. And then I'd give up on keeping up with it.

I've got a bit of gray and I gave some to Ulaven. It's nice to have a daughter who visits and says "Mom, your gray hair looks so cool!"

That is so cool. I'm afraid my hair would die. And then I'd give up on keeping up with it.

I've got a bit of gray and I gave some to Ulaven. It's nice to have a daughter who visits and says "Mom, your gray hair looks so cool!"
It's quite gentle. Start off with the shampoo and conditioner and leave them on for a bit longer than usual. I buy mine at Sally's, but most hair care lines have a set for silver or blond hair.

ShinySilver_Group-300x300.jpg

And here I thought we would be discussing the musical group.

Purple hair...Who are you and what have you done with our good little witch? :eek:

Try manic panic. I did have to bleach my hair but the colors are very intense and last longer. I leave it in for 2 hours at least.

And here I thought we would be discussing the musical group.

Purple hair...Who are you and what have you done with our good little witch? :eek:

I float around in a sparkly bubble, wield a magic wand, wear a rather impressive tiara and have Flying Monkeys, yet my purple hair confounds you? :cathappy:

I float around in a sparkly bubble, wield a magic wand, wear a rather impressive tiara and have Flying Monkeys, yet my purple hair confounds you? :cathappy:

There is ALWAYS a critic.

I thought your sister the Wicked Witch of the West owned the flying monkeys?

Yes, purple hair on a good witch, would confound anyone with any sense to them.

Try manic panic. I did have to bleach my hair but the colors are very intense and last longer. I leave it in for 2 hours at least.

That's what I had used. When it was time to bathe, it ended up bleeding out and stained the shower. What a nightmare.

That's what I had used. When it was time to bathe, it ended up bleeding out and stained the shower. What a nightmare.

I haven't had any problem at all with this colour. When I was using the more "natural" tints, that was often an issue. Perhaps my grey hair holds the dye better.

You have to really rinse it well the first time until the water is close to clear. I have never found a shampoo that doesn't make it bleed so I would use a cleansing conditoner instead. Make sure it's gentle, no tea tree or any deep cleaning ones. You could also use a dry shampoo and when washing just use your regular conditioner.

Matching carpet would be cool. Wear a wig too, be a nice surprise for an unsuspecting partner to unwrap.

Back