What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal health care?

are you still under the fantasy, that obamacare is a good thing?

competition is the key, if you ignorant fools would wake up. however, I realize that none of you understand business

obama, and those in health care need to learn from plastic surgery! then open up the system for real competition and not this government bull shit

Let's all give a big hand to the low information voters who supported Obama The Destroyer:

74% of small businesses will fire workers, cut hours under Obamacare
BY PAUL BEDARD | JULY 16, 2013 AT 3:25 PM

http://washingtonexaminer.com/74-of...ers-cut-hours-under-obamacare/article/2533131

Small businesses pay no penalty for not providing health insurance and they will get a tax credit if they do. And they can not band together in groups with other small employers to get cheaper rates. Why would they cut hours and fire people when the law helps them? :confused:

Small businesses pay no penalty for not providing health insurance and they will get a tax credit if they do. And they can not band together in groups with other small employers to get cheaper rates. Why would they cut hours and fire people when the law helps them? :confused:

still 12 cans short of a 6 pack

Let's all give a big hand to the low information voters who supported Obama The Destroyer:

74% of small businesses will fire workers, cut hours under Obamacare
BY PAUL BEDARD | JULY 16, 2013 AT 3:25 PM

http://washingtonexaminer.com/74-of...ers-cut-hours-under-obamacare/article/2533131

The survey says that only 30% of small businesses understand what Obamacare is. Can you show us a survey where the respondents are actually informed?

Only 23% of them said that health care reform was the main reason they have no plans to hire.

Last edited:
Also it's not 74%. That's spin by the author and not from the survey.

I know that in the era of Obama MAFF......2+2 = Obama Mesiah

But in the real world,

"Small businesses expect the requirement to negatively impact their employees. Twenty-seven percent say they will cut hours to reduce full time employees, 24 percent will reduce hiring, and 23 percent plan to replace full time employees with part-time workers to avoid triggering the mandate," said the Chamber business survey provided to Secrets.

is 74%....as the headline states

want some extra toes to figure it out?

I know that in the era of Obama MAFF......2+2 = Obama Mesiah

But in the real world,

"Small businesses expect the requirement to negatively impact their employees. Twenty-seven percent say they will cut hours to reduce full time employees, 24 percent will reduce hiring, and 23 percent plan to replace full time employees with part-time workers to avoid triggering the mandate," said the Chamber business survey provided to Secrets.

is 74%....as the headline states

want some extra toes to figure it out?

Hey yo, Cuury

What exactly is the point of the constant distortion and outright lies you spew?

Can it really be you believe all that stuff? I doubt that!

Hey yo, Cuury

What exactly is the point of the constant distortion and outright lies you spew?

Can it really be you believe all that stuff? I doubt that!

No, I'm right. The 74% figure is bogus because it adds all responses even though respondents were free to check more than one box. To get to that 74% figure the disingenuous author had to take an employer that's reducing hiring and reducing hours and then say he's two people. If the results were a little higher then the headline would have to read "125% of employes plan to fire workers, reduce hours due to Obamacare".

Also the survey didn't deal with firing anyone, nor did it ask about layoffs. Can you tell me where the author is getting that?

Also this is an internet survey where respondents self-select and therefore are not a representative group. When busy execs get email surveys about Obamacare only the really pissy ones are going to take the time to fill it out. Folks who don't feel strongly one way or another, or support it are going to be far less likely to respond.

The fact that 70% of respondents said that they don't know what Obamacare is kind of says something too.

Also the survey didn't deal with firing anyone, nor did it ask about layoffs. Can you tell me where the author is getting that?

yes, I can

ObamaCARE is BAD for virtually everyone

Included those that HAD "supported" it (cause they were bribed) and now are against it

Also this is an internet survey where respondents self-select and therefore are not a representative group. When busy execs get email surveys about Obamacare only the really pissy ones are going to take the time to fill it out. Folks who don't feel strongly one way or another, or support it are going to be far less likely to respond.

The fact that 70% of respondents said that they don't know what Obamacare is kind of says something too.

so lemme get this straight you bash it cause its an internet SURVEY

yet

point to a stat that 70% don't know what it is....as definiitve

That make sense to you?

Oh, and BTW, NO WHERE DOES IT SAY 70% DONT KNOW WHAT OBAMACARE IS.....You made that up, as usual

if its there, SHOW ME

I got time

I'll wait:rolleyes:

so lemme get this straight you bash it cause its an internet SURVEY

yet

point to a stat that 70% don't know what it is....as definiitve

That make sense to you?

Oh, and BTW, NO WHERE DOES IT SAY 70% DONT KNOW WHAT OBAMACARE IS.....You made that up, as usual

if its there, SHOW ME

I got time

I'll wait:rolleyes:

The survey was skewed towards over-representing negative respondents. And out of that group of negative folks, 70% admitted that they didn't understand what Obamacare was. It's right there in the survey results but the author thought it was bad for the narrative so he pretended it wasn't there.

It took me 20 seconds to find the survey, why not see if you can beat my time? I'm off to work.

The survey was skewed towards over-representing negative respondents. And out of that group of negative folks, 70% admitted that they didn't understand what Obamacare was. It's right there in the survey results but the author thought it was bad for the narrative so he pretended it wasn't there.

It took me 20 seconds to find the survey, why not see if you can beat my time? I'm off to work.
what do you base the OVER REPRESENTING negative responses from?

Nowhere does it say that 70% don't understand what ObamaCare was.

it says no such thing

you made it up

when you come back from "work", Im sure you wil answer me

Let's face it, though, in this economic environment self-selected email surveys are about the only sort of confirmation bias that wingnuts are likely to obtain.

The methodology doesn't matter to them, all that matters is being able to post alarmist headlines in WAR DECLARED fonts.

By Ruth Mantell WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Construction on new U.S. homes fell 9.9% in June to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 836,000, reaching the lowest level since August 2012, led down by a large drop for apartments, the U.S. Department of Commerce estimated Wednesday. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast housing starts in June to hit an annual rate of 950,000, compared with an originally estimated May starts rate of 914,000. On Wednesday the government revised May's starts rate to 928,000. In June, starts for buildings with at least five units fell 26.7%, while starts for single-family homes declined 0.8%. Starts in June were up 10.4% from the same period in the prior year, pointing to ongoing recovery, though there's concern about the impact of rising mortgage rates on the housing market's rebound. Also Wednesday, the government reported that building permits, a sign of future demand, fell 7.5% in June to an annual rate of 911,000. Permits for buildings with at least five units fell 22.8%. Meanwhile, permits for single-family homes nudged up 0.6% to an annual rate of 624,000, the highest rate since May 2008.

OBAMA BLAMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back