The Chinal Pearl Inn part 8

I'm really not capable of dealing with that kind of play today Glad. I can't think of anything witty to say. I've got no come backs. It really is a doozy of a hang over.

You have no idea how much free booze I drank last night. I haven't felt this hung over in a very, very long time.
Sorry you don't feel well bud. Hopefully it will get better soon
Leads him to the bar, we'll start with water, if that doesn't work we'll try hair of the dog?

Sorry you don't feel well bud. Hopefully it will get better soon
Leads him to the bar, we'll start with water, if that doesn't work we'll try hair of the dog?

*looks at the locked section of the bar cabinet*

Do you think I could have some gin?

:eek:

*looks at the locked section of the bar cabinet*

Do you think I could have some gin?

:eek:
Considers, "no thermonuclear darts for at least a week?" He asks with a grin. Pulling out a bottle and a glass.

"Here you go, but just one mind you..."

Considers, "no thermonuclear darts for at least a week?" He asks with a grin. Pulling out a bottle and a glass.

"Here you go, but just one mind you..."

My thanks:D

*Secretly watches what Glad does with the cabinet key after he's poured the drinks*

And, did ANYONE happen to read the thing I did? http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1474738

Should I do more, or stop while I am behind? Yes, I am shamelessly fishing for feedback after only one RP post.

Morning Ruby,

And I hope you are enjoying our story as much as I am, even if it is early stages. I have never been in this thread before, so I guess I need to read and catch up :rose:

Oh and if you have any constructive suggestions about my writing style, please let me know :)

Morning Ruby,

And I hope you are enjoying our story as much as I am, even if it is early stages. I have never been in this thread before, so I guess I need to read and catch up :rose:

Oh and if you have any constructive suggestions about my writing style, please let me know :)
Welcome to you :)

Morning Ruby,

Welcome to the inn. Any friend of Ruby’s is a friend of mine.

Ruby/LF I’ve amended my post, hope it’s ok. Now brekky followed by cricket. Our first match is against last season’s champions!

Welcome to the inn. Any friend of Ruby’s is a friend of mine.

Ruby/LF I’ve amended my post, hope it’s ok. Now brekky followed by cricket. Our first match is against last season’s champions!

Morning Fellow Londinium Person :)

And thanks for your sweet words.

I have a weekend off too but I’ve used today to study with Sal to get ready for next week. We have to attend three real Court Martials and write reports on how the cases went and why the accused were either convicted or acquitted. We’ve been given background reading on each case and have read the written submissions of both sides.

Sounds heavy, but I hope all goes well and that it is an interesting educational experience for you :)

Thank you for saying that because I am not a huge fan of the bio sheet concept either, but didn't want to rock the boat my first go-round. *Wonders if there is room for another on that soap box*

And, I know the topic is cliche, but it is loosely (very) based on a long-standing fantasy I had involving my college academic advisor. I am truthfully not sure how well it's going to stick to what I had in mind versus what my co-writer had in mind, so I don't really know that it will be a long-term thing. I hope that makes sense.

Bio sheets...

Some interesting comments on the Bio sheets...

I am not a fan of photo descriptions of the character, though many are. From my perspective, it is often females who seem to use them? Not sure how true that is overall, but certainly from the threads I've written and read that perception is true from my experience.

As to the Bio in terms of height etc, I never used to use them, but got asked a while ago to do so; and I guess I have stuck to the little format.

But I do agree that the character's persona, description of physical looks and their persona should come through the posts.

Bio sheets...

I am not a fan of photo descriptions of the character, though many are. From my perspective, it is often females who seem to use them? Not sure how true that is overall, but certainly from the threads I've written and read that perception is true from my experience.

As to the Bio in terms of height etc, I never used to use them, but got asked a while ago to do so; and I guess I have stuck to the little format.

But I do agree that the character's persona, description of physical looks and their persona should come through the posts.
Was never meant as an insult to you as a writer, my comments were more on that particular style which I am less of a fan of preferring to incorporate details within the post. If that helps.
We all have our quirks

Was never meant as an insult to you as a writer, my comments were more on that particular style which I am less of a fan of preferring to incorporate details within the post. If that helps.
We all have our quirks

And I didn't take it as an insult.

Rather an interesting set of viewpoints from your self and Ruby (mostly) which I feel are very valid.

I am here to enjoy writing, but also happy to listen to constructive comments.

And I do agree with you about the opening Bios. I do it these days out of habit but maybe I should review that in any future stories :)

And I didn't take it as an insult.

Rather an interesting set of viewpoints from your self and Ruby (mostly) which I feel are very valid.

I am here to enjoy writing, but also happy to listen to constructive comments.

And I do agree with you about the opening Bios. I do it these days out of habit but maybe I should review that in any future stories :)

Hiya CFMB fan:rose:,

Welcome to the inn.:D

I'm Uggg:rose:.

I've never used a bio at the start of my stories like that but in RP's I have exchanged them with writing partners behind the scenes as we discuss ideas.

But a lot of the pleasure I get from writing is building the characters. I enjoy useing words to sculpt them into someone readers find believable and can relate to. A bio would detract from that pleasure.

I did use a character picture in my first post in 'Old Friends' because my writing partner had for her post, I just thought it would be rude not to but its not something I normally do.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using a bio or a picture, it's just not my style.

Uggg:rose:

Hiya CFMB fan:rose:,

Welcome to the inn.:D

I'm Uggg:rose:.

I've never used a bio at the start of my stories like that but in RP's I have exchanged them with writing partners behind the scenes as we discuss ideas.

But a lot of the pleasure I get from writing is building the characters. I enjoy useing words to sculpt them into someone readers find believable and can relate to. A bio would detract from that pleasure.

I did use a character picture in my first post in 'Old Friends' because my writing partner had for her post, I just thought it would be rude not to but its not something I normally do.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using a bio or a picture, it's just not my style.

Uggg:rose:

I agree with what I highlighted in italics. A writer should be able to describe their character through words and actions in the posts.

And thanks for the warm welcome

Bio sheets...

As The Mentors was my first SRP, I followed your lead because I hadn't read many existing threads outside of those you'd written, TBH. I was trying to get a feel for your writing style since you were my first co-writer, and I thought the bio sheet was the norm, even if I found it odd. As a newbie, I was/am nervous about posting my writing publicly, so I didn't want to do things the "wrong" way.

As an avid reader IRL, one of the reasons I generally dislike movie adaptations of books is because I have already created a mental image of the characters. I hope that makes sense. Let's agree to do away with them on any future joint endeavor.

I expressed that perhaps our visions are perhaps diferent via PM, and again, not wishing to rock the proverbial boat, decided it was only fair to write outside my comfort zone and give it a shot your way. Kelsey might surprise you in the future, though. ;)

I am only awake because my eldest has type I diabetes and he has to test his blood sugar at 3 a.m. once a week. I should get back to bed now.

I probably won't post until much later today, so I hope everyone has a marvelous Sunday.

Hi CFMB. Welcome to the inn.

What a day. Not suffering from a hangover like Uggg, but I have been bitten by the Tse Tse fly. I have dozed and read and dozed and read. My brain is all foggy. I hate when it gets like this.

I was always used to having a character sheet for characters back in the day because I played D&D and believe it or not if I look for old characters, the ones I can remember best are the ones I have a sheet for haha. That being said the one lesson I think I really tried to learn best from middle school language arts class that I hope to never forget was "show, not tell" I have always tried to have that guide my writing, sometimes with more success than others.
Very interesting discussion all, thank you

Hope everyone got more sleep than I did.

Well, I don't like it much. Now I have been awake for several hours. My brain is all messed up, well... worse than usual. sigh

Something you can share? I am glad you had a good night. :)
A very dear friend reached out to me, it's been almost two years. I am just so pleased she is ok and greatful I heard from her. When dear friends vanish from lit or from the internet for that matter it is sometimes a beauty to reconnect with them. This one in particular...

My non internet related evening was nice too, listened to music, played games and relaxed after trying a new restaurant. Just overall a wonderful evening. Damn it feels good to say that. Two great evenings in a row. You know that means tonight will suck just because I am incapable of having 3 good days in a row ;) just kidding, though it does feel rare of late.

A very dear friend reached out to me, it's been almost two years. I am just so pleased she is ok and greatful I heard from her. When dear friends vanish from lit or from the internet for that matter it is sometimes a beauty to reconnect with them. This one in particular...

My non internet related evening was nice too, listened to music, played games and relaxed after trying a new restaurant. Just overall a wonderful evening. Damn it feels good to say that. Two great evenings in a row. You know that means tonight will suck just because I am incapable of having 3 good days in a row ;) just kidding, though it does feel rare of late.

Glad you have had two good evenings, and found an old friend :)

Back