Colleen Thomas RIP May 26, 2006

This is for Matriarch: Colly and I did exchange some PMs about writing, and here was her advice for my Lesbian Sex stories:

"I think your work is geared to describing sex without being vulgar. I do reccomend the works of Matriarch. She does love, and non vulgar sex, but with a slightly more earthy vocabulary that you might find useful."

Roxanne Appleby said:
This is for Matriarch: Colly and I did exchange some PMs about writing, and here was her advice for my Lesbian Sex stories:

"I think your work is geared to describing sex without being vulgar. I do reccomend the works of Matriarch. She does love, and non vulgar sex, but with a slightly more earthy vocabulary that you might find useful."

*chuckle*. Thank you. That's Colly......always telling me how I didn't write smut, I wrote love. If I did, it was mainly from her lead.

A note has been sent to Laurel asking for some kind of memorial on Lit. I have a request, and I don't know who to address it to:

There may be good reasons making this not possible or desireable, first among them the privacy that Colleen's family and loved ones deserve, and respect for her own privacy. Of course I totally respect and accept that. If that is not a concern, I would love to see a photograph of Colleen Thomas posted on this site. Further, I would love to see it made into her avatar, and for her profile page to remain on this site in perpetuity.

The photograph I think should always be here is the legs AV that she always chuckled over us gushing at...it just fits for me.

..and I love the idea of naming an annual award for her...she was so helpful to new writers.

Belegon said:
The photograph I think should always be here is the legs AV that she always chuckled over us gushing at...it just fits for me.

..and I love the idea of naming an annual award for her...she was so helpful to new writers.

I agree on both counts.

Its still taking me time to get over the schock of this news and no words seem proper enough at this time.

I shall miss her dearly, remember her fondly and love her eternally.

There will always be the corner booth in Abstrusions where she sat and when the newbies come in I can proudly say that was "Colly's corner".

You are free now my friend, free to be who you couldn't be on this plane of existance, free to fly and a muse for so many of us here.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. :rose:

pictures

I agree completely that there should be a picture and an award set aside for her. If it is a problem for her friends and family though, i would completely understand. She will be in my mind and heart forever. The world to me will be desolate without her. As i know in so many of your hearts as well. Will always be thinking of her...Rest in peace Colleen. I love you.
Lynne

Belegon said:

There's nothing that says that we can't do that here on the AH, as a group, even if an offical award isn't possible.

Logged in 30 minutes ago. Read the news.
It's not sinking in. And I can't find what to say.

So until then, just a single :rose:

ABSTRUSE said:
Its still taking me time to get over the schock of this news and no words seem proper enough at this time.

I shall miss her dearly, remember her fondly and love her eternally.

There will always be the corner booth in Abstrusions where she sat and when the newbies come in I can proudly say that was "Colly's corner".

You are free now my friend, free to be who you couldn't be on this plane of existance, free to fly and a muse for so many of us here.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. :rose:

Such beautiful words. :kiss: :kiss:

I missed this, being away so long.

I don't know what to say at all, This is saddening and shocking news.

Colleen was a wonderful and utterly loveable person. :rose:

:rose: Good journey, Colly. You touched so many lives and so many hearts...

I have no other words right now. :(

This is so sad. Colly is a good soul. I will miss her a lot - I was already missing her, and hoping that if she was in such pain that she couldn't post, that it would pass soon and she'd be back. :(
Her pain is gone now, but shared a little bit by all of us here in her absence. RIP, Colleen Thomas. :rose: :heart: :rose:

I never spoke with her, never wrote her. Years agao I may have anonymously left feedback to her many stories.

She was the first author I ever read on lit..And i grew to love her tallent.

Lit, as a community, and a collection of tallet has lost a great deal.

Goodbye Colleen.

I also never spoke to or wrote. Yet when she posted a new story it was immediately
on my to read list and read as soon as possible. When I came to the AH to lurk (yes lurk) hers were the posts I always read. She made me think and see other views.
I am saddenned that unlike the rest of you I did not get a chance to know her.

:rose:

feeeriek

It's already gone physical for me. I walked downstairs in a daze and felt the sharp burning stings inside my heart. There's no words for really, really missed. So instead I'll try and channel it into honouring her. Honouring her and her honour and making them proud still.

At least once my heart lets me breathe again.

12.gif

Rumply, I thought of you earlier and wondered if you knew.

I'm not sure what to say, but can offer you hugs and much love.

Take care, sweetie. :heart:

Belegon said:

The "leg" is darling; it is and should be part of her legacy. As is the cute "seriously fuckable" caricature. Those of us who knew her cherish these images as evidence of the fun side of this serious lady. But perhaps for those who come after or who did not know her there should be an image that better conveys the complete woman. I think a photograph of Colleen looking her best would be best, if possible, but others may have different ideas. It's not too early to be talking about these things, is it? This is the sort of thing people talk about at a wake.

Back