Red's Thread - come in and read a bit, post a bit, and lick a bit... okay... alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not being here for a long time. LIT lag made me pack it in for a while.

BrettJ in Canada
 
On Twitter during the power outage:

BCOVrUMCIAAdN5J.jpg

LOL. This is true.

Though given a choice I reckon I'd prefer to be 'dunking' something other than Oreos.

Jus' sayin'.

:devil::D
 
Brett, this happened at last year's Daytona 500.
JP Montoya hits jet dryer

And people wonder why I watch NASCAR. Never know what shit can happen

I watched this race as well. That crash and fire ball was intense.

On Twitter during the power outage:

BCOVrUMCIAAdN5J.jpg

*snickers*

(I agree with Jett)

--- funny thing, I was thinking the same thing Jett was thinking. I was wondering how many people were taking advantage of the power outage.
 
Morning all, more awake than usually for a Monday morning. School for the kids was, at first, a two hour delay, which meant more sleep for me. Now they are closed. The snow is still falling. It's a soft looking snow, but it is coming down thick and steady. It's quite beautiful. Granted I have to head out in it later to go to the bank.

I hope you're having a wonderful morning and your day, if you're on the other side of the world has been a good one. :kiss:
 
Thanks. Just ... Laundry!

I understand completely.

The snow is still coming down here. I so don't want to go out in it, but I have to. I'm just waiting now to see if the other kids that are awake want to tag along. I am lucky enough to have 4 wheel drive on the SUV so I am not worried too much about the snow and I'll have my cell if I run into trouble.
 
Progeny had a little trouble going into school this morning. He had to deal with black ice, so that meant he actually had to SLOW DOWN. LOL
 
2hr delay to class this morn, chance of snow again tonight. Glad to have the Jeep that's for sure.

Spent part of the weekend on a school trip to Richmond so a wee bit behind on writing. Need to knock out a short essay and then get back to it. :)
 
Son came home and told of his first adventures with black ice. He was turning left and hit some on take off. Fishtailed a little, said he steered into it, let off the gas some and was fine. Then, approaching his college, there was a nasty little patch. He hit it in front of a cop, who he said told him he was impressed that he slid and still turned right.

Son told him that he comes from a family of dirt track racers. He said the cop laughed.
 
In the short time I drove, I learned the tricks of black ice and heavy rain. You need both to live in Ontario.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Had a time I was heading to base, the roads were fairly clear except at the underpasses, where I hit a patch of black ice. Managed to avoid hitting the guard rail and stopped in the middle of the road. Lit a smoke and looked up to see a cop running towards the car with a thumbs up to see if I was ok, that was about when I realized that there was a pile of 5 or so cars all smashed together and looked like they had hit one after the other on the ice.
 
Wife and son are STILL arguing, caused yesterday by an Oreos' commercial: Cookies vs Creme.

Wife is Cookies
Son is Creme
 
I like the Franks Red Hot sauce commericals, I put that **** on everything
 
Topics:

Oreos and milk - all of it at once.

Black ice and I met in 1991 - it was a beautiful time. I slid across the road, down an embankment and ended up okay, but the car was pulled out and the front bumper torn, very sad. It was a Chevy Citation. I loved that car.

Writing - hasn't happened today.

Weather today - I did my errands without incident. :) The 4 wheel drive worked beautifully as did the anti-lock brakes. :D We're supposed to get more tomorrow - BRING IT ON!
 
I don't eat Oreos with milk. Just on their own.

I like "Dad's" Oatmeal cookies (which I don't think you have in the US) with milk and sometimes Chocolate Chip.

Hello to all.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Good evening Red :rose:, Scent :rose:, Brett, RJ, C4C :rose:, papadoc, & Jag

Hope everyone had a good Monday.

I like my Oreos by themselves, but they're good with vanilla ice cream. I do enjoy taking them apart and eating the cream out of the middle too.
 
Really just arousing watching a guy like the inside of an Oreo and not know he's being watched
 
So if I'm watching you going to take your time? Or dive right in and be greedy to eat all the cookies?

Take my time, of course! I'm not greedy because I'd enjoy sharing the cream with you. :devil: And I do like to think I have a rather talented tongue... ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top