The Jeffinator's Lounge

Each time a hurricane misses us, I worry that it's the calm before the storm and that in the future we're going to get hit with a truly massive tropical cyclone. I lived through two hurricanes a week apart in 2004, but since then its been rare in Florida. I feel like its only a matter of time until we get ravaged, lol.
 
Thankfully that rarely happens in the UK, our last one was 1987 2 years before I was born. But we do get floods and I've been involved in several flood relief episodes. We also get called to other countries to assist with relief after earthquakes or other disasters.
 
We had quite a few hurricane scares in 2004, one being Charley, which was predicted to come right into Tampa Bay as a Category 5 storm. We evacuated to my old high school, and then at the last minute Charley veered east farther south than expected and missed us completely. Then later on we got hit by Jeanne and Francis.

And Sean, I think I forgot to PM you back, but I noticed you edited the YJ intro post. While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think anyone can argue with what it said originally, lol. Honestly, you and GG (Iwasagoodgirl) are the only reasons I'm still here. We all chat here in the Lounge and GG and I have our Star Trek RP, but beyond that no ones wants anything to do with me, and I can't really blame them, lol. You two are the only things keeping me from logging out for good, and for that, I am tremendously grateful :).
 
Last edited:
Don't you DARE log out for good! I don't know the reason I don't need to know but you are a special bloke. Stay put. THAT'S AN ORDER!

Ps why not join some of us the China Pearl Inn? When we get together we have a laugh and a cyber drink (I often have one in the real world at the same time). You'll be very welcome. :kiss:
 
Last edited:
I'm a Californian. Like all sane Americans. I don't get hurricanes. I don't get floods. I don't get snow. I'm in an urban area so those nasty fires you're always hearing about? Dont' get those. We don't get tornadoes. Mother Nature knows not to fuck with the West Side.

We do get Earthquakes like clockwork roughly every 20-30 years (of merit, we get a few every year to the point that if my pictures stay on the walls I ignore it) but we've got a lot of state to spread that ignorance over.

Considering how many of he same actors came back whenever yosu tarted up a game Jeff I'm sure it's not just the two of us that can put up with you. By the by.
 
I agree with Sean. I enjoy writing with you Jeff and I'm sure if others recognised how good you are they would too. For those who don't? Their loss, not your's!
 
Well it's not my writing they have a problem with, it's my reputation, haha. I haven't received any bad reviews on my writing in years, but I do have a tendency to be a control freak and drop something prematurely if there are too many negative feelings involved. Sometimes those negative feelings can be curbed if I've got the full support of my co-writers, but not always. On the other side, if I feel I have little to no support from my co-writers, the negative feelings double or triple and I drop it like it's hot before really putting a lot of thought into it.

Thank you for the compliments, though. I enjoy writing with both of you. If you're interested, here is an original short story I wrote a few years back and submitted to a contest that I, unfortunately, did not win: https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3057455/1/Comatose

And here is the Ninja Turtle fanfiction series I started but never finished: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7020923/1/Ninja-Turtles-The-Shell-Chronicles
 
Last edited:
Don't let our lovely cohort get you thinking that I'm not fully aware of how difficult getting along with you in RPs can be at times. Just saying Remec and Tighty amongst others knew exactly who you were and keep showing up like clockwork. Hell just glancing at your RPs they seem to miss fewer than I do but I don't spend much time on the RP or SRP boards to be honest. I'm a General Boarder and Political boarder with Story Ideas. I sweep through the RP every so often but otherwise I'm like a goddamn pokemon. I come when I am summoned but I don't show otherwise.
 
Remec was Beast Boy in my very first Titans RP back in 2006 and he's also a friend on Facebook, so him and I got history, and he always agrees to come back for another round of RPing, but one can only trust so many times. Tighty has only been involved with me exclusively through Titans/YJ RPs and such, and we pretty much never talk unless there is RP planning involved.

Out of the entire crew, you're the only one that actually came to the Lounge to keep talking to me, and you're the only one who voiced the notion of me returning to the RP. Before I quit, I PMed Tighty to tell her I was trying to patch things up with Gypsy, and she didn't even reply. She could have told me she had my back, reassured me that if I had to boot Gypsy she'd stay. But in her OOC post, it felt as if the only solution she'd be happy with was both me and Gypsy staying on board, which was going to be impossible with Gypsy playing the high school silence game -- you can't treat the GM like shit and expect him to keep you on, though, so I don't really know what she was aiming for.

It sucks the way it went down, but it's done and over with now and when the dust settled, you're the only one left who seems to actually give a damn about me. You and GG are my crew now, and if Lotus ever comes back, her too. Tears keeps promising me an RP and then ignores me for a while, lol. If you go back to page 1, she was the second person to post here in the Lounge.
 
Yeah I saw that. . .then realized I was on the wrong page. I always forget these things don't warp you to the last post as a matter of habit like most of the forums that I hang around. You have to intentionally backtrack for a lot of things.
 
Well I'm enjoying writing with you.

I used to be on Facebook then the army issued orders that we are not allowed to use it (the enemy could log on, find our movements etc - Sean you were in the US Marines so you know what it's like). Btw Sean, my Fiancée is a US Marine.
 
Face book wasn't huge when I was still in but and they never really ordered us not to use it. I ordered my underlings to stop but that had more to do with the fact that I was having a very hard time explaining to them why 19 year olds can't post pictures of themselves doing keg stands.

But yeah I know all the absurd crap. I've always been of the mind that any enemy who had the brains to tap into every facebook to find our unites and piece together where we are by the vague shit we let drop has other more reliable ways to get the same information.

Congrats on the engagement!
 
Thank you.

I won't be on for at least 2 days. Taking 20 cadets on manouvres for 2 days. No food, water, shelter. And if not happy we stay until I am. No doubt you've done the same Sean.
 
Nope. Tis part of the beauty of being in the rear with the gear. I was too good for all that tromping through the mud bullshit. I don't envy you that one bit either.
 
Oh I love it, I'm very much an 'Action Girl'.

Ok bed calls. Goodnight Sean, goodnight Jeff. Catch you when I'm back. Meanwhile may all your dreams be naughty ones :devil::kiss:
 
Believe me I loved it too. They ran us through that stuff in basic and once after to make sure we could do it if the shit hit the fan but really if the shit hit the fan THAT bad something had gone really wrong. MY job was to put bombs and guns on helicopters. So I had to be someplace the pilots could land safely enough for me to do my job.

Those front line guys are a breed apart I have to admit. I still remember freaking out when I got to Iraq. First a grunt stood at attention to answer me when I asked what time it was! I was an E3 at the time, nobody stands at attention for an E3 in the Airwing, not EVER. So I'm freaking the fuck out.

Then I met my first British person and I always assumed that bloody was something they have Brits say on tv, not something they actually say in real life all the time. But it's raining and someone said "I get to the desert and it's bloody raining." Twas awesome.

Then I was terrified to find out you guys weren't joking about being able to pinpoint where people are from by their accent. I can tell you maybe seven American accents. Sure Boston people and New Yorkers sound different. As does Louisinana but I can't tell Mississippi from Texas for shit. I can occasinoally tell north California from South but more because of word choice than accent. It's frightening.
 
I used to have trouble telling English and Australian accents apart, but now its easier. I've been told my accent is hard to pinpoint because I was raised in multiple locations since my Dad was Navy. I was born in Florida but also spent part of my childhood in Virginia and Rhode Island.
 
Some places don't really have accents. California doesn't really have a distinct one. We have surfer (kinda) and Valley but those are largely intentional to begin with. Florida is hard to tell. My limited experience with Rhode Island tells me they have one it's just hard to pinpoint beyond New Englandy
 
Floridians sometimes have a southern accent similar to people from Georgia, but also keep in mind a majority of the population wasn't actually born here, lol. I was born in Jacksonville, where my Dad was stationed at the time, and lived in that area until I was about five. Then we moved up to Norfolk, Virginia for less than a year, then back to Florida. During this time, my dad went out to sea for like six months and my mom took us to live with her parents in Seminole, which was my first taste of the Tampa Bay area that I remember.

We ended up getting our own apartment in the same complex as my grandparents, and we lived there during a time when my parents were separated. I still remember that complex because that's where I first discovered Ninja Turtles -- I saw a kid on his porch playing with Donnie and Raph figures and asked him what those were and he told me all about them. Then I rushed home and begged my mom to let me watch the cartoon the next time it came on. I was obsessed with TMNT for years after that, haha. The following Halloween, I dressed up as Mikey.

The separation lasted several years, and then when I was about nine, we moved back to Norfolk, where my dad had a new apartment set up for us. I remember this complex for the beginning of my video game obsession. This kid named Jimmy lived next door, and one day we were playing outside and he asked me if I wanted to come in and play Nintendo. Well I had no idea what that was at the time, and when we got in his room, he let me play Duck Hunt, and it was love at first sight. From that moment on, video games were my life, haha. I kept begging my parents to get me one, but they couldn't afford it.

The following year, we moved to Virginia Beach, and then my parents finally bought us a game system, but went one step further and got a Super Nintendo instead of the regular NES. My brother and I used to always fight over Street Fighter II, accusing each other of cheating until my mom would rip the cartridge out of the system and put it away for a few days, haha.

Less than two years later, we moved again, this time to Newport, Rhode Island. We didn't live there too long before my parents separated again and then my mom moved us back down to Seminole and then to a mobile home in Largo. Soon after this my parents officially divorced. This happened when I was 12.

From 12 to 16, I lived in various places throughout Pinellas County, and then moved up to Wyoming the summer before I turned 17. I'm now 33 and have been back and forth between Florida and Wyoming more times than I can count, lol. I have been in my current apartment for two years straight, which is the longest I've ever lived in one home without moving. Though I won't be here a third year -- in a few weeks we are actually moving into another apartment within the same complex. The new apartment is being completely overhauled with new carpeting, painting, appliances, flooring, etc. Because of all that, they are jacking the rent up, but all three of us are doing pretty good now, so it shouldn't be a problem. My brother-in-law was recently promoted to Assistant Manager at his job, and my sister and I both have raises next month (she works for the same company, different facility).

And that, my friends, is the Story of Jeff you didn't ask for, and if Tighty were here, she'd say she didn't care about, LOL.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top