What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an excellent question. Lemme think about it and get back to you. :)

I'm counting on it.

I'm having way more trouble with this question than I thought I would.

My best guess would be a barbecue sandwich. Pulled pork only. Preferably smoked, but if that's not possible, slow cooking is also fine. Sauce should be sweet(ish), rather than vinegary (but not too sweet), and spicy from hot sauce. The more fiery, the better, IMO. And--this is most important--the already-cooked meat should be simmered in the sauce at a low temperature for a while. This is the difference in actual barbecue and pork roast with barbecue sauce dumped on top of it. Yay to the former, and boo to the latter.

I have no real recipe for this because every time I make barbecue, I do it differently. :rolleyes:

Anyway, once the meat is perfect, it should be served on a bun (obviously). You can add mayo to the bread if you like, but it's not necessary. The only other thing you should add is cold hamburger pickle chips. Anything else is superfluous. Eat with baked beans, potato salad, slaw, etc., and finish the meal with an obscenely bad-for-you dessert.

Purists would say to drink sweet tea with it, but I'm meh about tea overall, so anything cold and caffeinated should do. I like Dr. Pepper myself.

I'm having way more trouble with this question than I thought I would.

My best guess would be a barbecue sandwich. Pulled pork only. Preferably smoked, but if that's not possible, slow cooking is also fine. Sauce should be sweet(ish), rather than vinegary (but not too sweet), and spicy from hot sauce. The more fiery, the better, IMO. And--this is most important--the already-cooked meat should be simmered in the sauce at a low temperature for a while. This is the difference in actual barbecue and pork roast with barbecue sauce dumped on top of it. Yay to the former, and boo to the latter.

I have no real recipe for this because every time I make barbecue, I do it differently. :rolleyes:

Anyway, once the meat is perfect, it should be served on a bun (obviously). You can add mayo to the bread if you like, but it's not necessary. The only other thing you should add is cold hamburger pickle chips. Anything else is superfluous. Eat with baked beans, potato salad, slaw, etc., and finish the meal with an obscenely bad-for-you dessert.

Purists would say to drink sweet tea with it, but I'm meh about tea overall, so anything cold and caffeinated should do. I like Dr. Pepper myself.
Sounds tasty. Now, where would one go to get the best possible example of this type of sandwich within the state borders?

My son's school principal claims that, after being directed to transition to a new activity, he told his kindergarten teacher to "stop riding his ass." I laughed. It couldn't be helped.

tumblr_ml3ycugme21qela56o7_1280.gif

this made me laugh today because completely relatable.

Watching people at a 4 way stop. A lot hand gestures, pumping fingers in the air, screaming and shouting. They finally sorted themselves without killing anyone. Laughed my ass off.

Oh, absolutely. That choice for Pennsylvania earned - and I mean EARNED - the most negative contributions to the comments. Some suggested that Primanti's would have been a better choice as an alternative to the cheese steak if, for some reason, the authors were simply trying to avoid mentioning the cheese steak or having to pick the "right" place to eat one.

Primanti's for the win! I went to Pitt, and they fueled several late study nights.

My smile for the day was (oddly enough) at the dentist. We got a raging monsoon storm with LOTS of rain (at last). I'm sorry I didn't get to see it, but the audio was excellent.

Sounds tasty. Now, where would one go to get the best possible example of this type of sandwich within the state borders?

N.C.'s is pretty much dead on, and similar to BB's suggestion (but with a firm allegiance to vinegar sauce). If you go for it, there are lots of good BBQ spots in the small towns along the I-95 corridor: Parker's in Wilson and Wilbur's in Goldsboro come to mind.

I like Dreamland BBQ in Alabama. That is a cool experience, if you have never been.

Last edited:
Drinks are on me, everyone - not only did I win the global lottery without buying a ticket on Thursday, I won it again today. How lucky is that? Five million dollars without even trying.

So as soon as I send my bank details to the nice Mr Tambo so he can give me my winnings, we can have a party :D

Drinks are on me, everyone - not only did I win the global lottery without buying a ticket on Thursday, I won it again today. How lucky is that? Five million dollars without even trying.

So as soon as I send my bank details to the nice Mr Tambo so he can give me my winnings, we can have a party :D

Cool!

I won a green card last week. They only need my credit card details to take care of the handling fee and then I can be on my way to the Home of the Brave. Use some of your winnings to come visit. I can buy you a burger.

Sir woke me up this morning to tell me that it has been raining and would likely rain some more, and that it was going to be a cooler day (under 100!). That's my house rule for being able to play with fire. Light me up, baby, I'm melting glass today!:D

Cool!

I won a green card last week. They only need my credit card details to take care of the handling fee and then I can be on my way to the Home of the Brave. Use some of your winnings to come visit. I can buy you a burger.

Deal :D

Long lazy frog croaks
Wren chatter
And welling cricketsong
Pushing branches
Of cool wind
Across my steaming
Green coffee cup.

We've got two new phones for the house landline. Son has set the ringtone to 'calypso', so now, whenever the phone rings, we stand up en masse to have a dance instead of answering the damn thing :D

We've got two new phones for the house landline. Son has set the ringtone to 'calypso', so now, whenever the phone rings, we stand up en masse to have a dance instead of answering the damn thing :D
Thank you! A new smile for me to think of!

Hee heeee...
That's priceless!
:D

tumblr_msbvwp0TzV1r9pg9yo1_500.png

Oh yes, gentlemen of the world. There’s no bigger cue that a woman’s feeling fertile and frisky than when she’s running the vacuum. That is absolutely the optimum time to interrupt her, attempt to explain the menstrual cycle over the roar of the Stubborn Stains and Pet Hair setting, and then ask if she wants to have sex. I strongly recommend you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back